• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Custom Quest Musket

I can't find anything in this crypt.. I am shooting thousands of monks and their skeletons, but noone has a rifle or a book with him :/

they should be hidden somewhere on the ground or so.
@Pieter Boelen should know where.

You do have the latest version right?

Yeah but this crypt is confusing and like I said, I can't find anything besides those dead monks and a few potions in chests.. I only found that poisoned knife

There is a human corpse already lying there somewhere. Proper hidden, though.
I found the spot by accident and haven't found it since.
Anyway, it is in the location directly below the Abbey itself.

Should I be able to read the Undecipherable Book? Wasn't working just now.

Currently in the process of adapting all changes for Jack Rackham's updates. Ran into some weirdness now. :modding

You should be able to read it yes.
Did you get any error messages? Did you include the file in resources also?

I did. Will check what is going on as soon as I figure out the view-swapping with the new Long Rifles.

@Levis, does this code looks like it makes sense to you?
Code:
      // PB: Control Camera Behaviour -->
       case "ChrCamCameraSwitch":
         if(bSeaActive && !bAbordageStarted)           break;         // PB: Don't do this while sailing, but don't prevent it during boarding

if(LAi_IsFightMode(PChar) || globalSGMode)
         {
           weaponID = GetCharacterEquipByGroup(Pchar,GUN_ITEM_TYPE);
           if(HasSubStr(weaponID, "LongRifle"))       break;         // PB: Don't switch camera if using Long Rifle!
           if(IsCharacterPerkOn(PChar, "ImproveAiming"))             // Levis: Enable first person shooting for every gun with the right perk
           {
             //Levis added check for loaded gun
             if(!globalSGMode && 0 < LAi_GetCharacterChargeCur(Pchar))
             {
               LAi_SetFightMode(PChar, false);
               LAi_QuestDelay("get_shot_gun_mode", 1.0);
             }else{
               globalSGMode = false;
               LAi_QuestDelay("get_sword_ready", 1.0);
             }
           }
         }
         else
         {
           if(FREE_CAMERA)                             // Levis: We don't want to go in here if we are in shotgun mode or in fightmode
           {
             if(locCameraCurMode == LOCCAMERA_FOLLOW)   locCameraFree();
             else                     locCameraFollow();
           }
         }
       break;
       // PB: Control Camera Behaviour <--

But the id "LongRifle" is temp I guess?
Also reminding you Pieter of using the reload1.wav for in/out of sgmode.

I think the game can't handle too much of these smoke effects when killing the monk.. and I still couldnt find the dead body..

I think the game can't handle too much of these smoke effects when killing the monk.. and I still couldnt find the dead body..
There is a particle effect setting in InternalSettings.h that you can decrease, if I recall.

But the id "LongRifle" is temp I guess?
HasSubStr should check for ALL versions of the Long Rifle. Saves me the trouble of putting in individual checks.

Also reminding you Pieter of using the reload1.wav for in/out of sgmode.
Where is that supposed to go?
Perhaps @Levis knows that better?

Are we sure those three Holy Crosses actually appear in the game? They look like Quest Items based on their initItems.c entries.
The regular cross is actually "jewelry9", but the church will not accept that.
And "holycross1" has ridiculous skill enhancements, while the other three do nothing.

Looks like we'd better adapt this here initItems.c code!
Code:
  //------------------------------------------------------------------------------------SKILL ITEM SETTINGS-------------------------------------------
  // GENERAL:  ItemIndex  picIndex  Price  numneeded  leader  accuracy  repair  sneak  skiptrade
  //  |  itmID  modelID  |  rare  |  |  stack  |  fencing  |  cannons  |  defence  |  |  skiprand
  //  |  |  |  picTexture  |  |  MinLevel | indian  |  |  hidden |  |  sailing  |  grapple  | commerce  |  |  skipequip
  //-----------|---|------------|----------|---|----|----|------|----|----|---|--|------|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|-----|--|--|--|skipsell--
  // HOLY ITEMS: scheffnow
  //-----------|---|------------|----------|---|----|----|------|----|----|---|--|------|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|-----|--|--|--|----------
  n = InitItem(n,"holycross1", "",  8,  1, 0.01,  0,  0,  0,  1,  1, 1,  +4, +4, +1, +1, +1, +1, +1, +1, +1, +4,  1, 1, 1, 1);
  n = InitItem(n,"holycross2", "",  8,  2, 0.10,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0, 0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  1, 1, 1, 1);
  n = InitItem(n,"holycross3", "",  8,  3, 0.01,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0, 0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  0,  1, 1, 1, 1);
  //--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And this dialog doesn't seem to make sense:
upload_2015-1-11_18-3-5.png

Btw if you still can't find the body.
In the crypt
walk straight on trough the first room and then take the first right. There you will find him.

I tought the holy_crosses where in the game, but could be mistaken indeed. Then we should just add the juwerly item to it. it's not that hard. will add the jewelry9 to the check also.

About the dialog, I think I made a typo in the end (should say "personally"), but what else doesn't make sense?

Also, the church is greedy and took ALL THREE crosses I had on me. But I fixed that already.

I tought the holy_crosses where in the game, but could be mistaken indeed. Then we should just add the juwerly item to it. it's not that hard. will add the jewelry9 to the check also.
Or we enable them. Seems a shame to have them go unused.

About the dialog, I think I made a typo in the end (should say "personally"), but what else doesn't make sense?
Hmm... Perhaps it is actually OK. :facepalm

Found the problem with the book. There was a winmerg problem. Updated files are on theire way.

I think I got that fixed already. Currently thinking through the Long Rifles some more. Almost right.

Back