• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Custom Quest Musket

I heard no sound without the scope.Try again to morrow it is to late now.

I have now spent two hours in the crypt to find the body with the new gun. Now my head is spinning terrible .
A little hint perhaps ?:sick
Never-mind! I found it :D:monkeydance

How did you like the little quest and story?

Well.. I treid and I have a quite nice sound but unfortunally there is some background noise from the game, which I couldn't get rid from.. it is quite silent, but if anyone has the possibility to let it denoise, that would be great^^

Attachments

• switch_sound.zip
    270.4 KB · Views: 113
Btw the long rifle (with telescope) isn't suppost to use bullets and gunpowder?

I noticed that you can't fire when the game thinks that you don't hit anything.. can that be removed?

Still no sound when the telescope is unequipped!
Levis: I will answer your question about the quest and story
tomorrow.

watch out for the switch sound - needs to be conerted first from 32 bit to 16 bit and from stereo to mono, game crashes otherwise

and I am pretty sure that it didn't was like that in the stock game? Could it be that it has something to do with the effect, that you don't shoot in hipfire mode, when you don't have a target?

watch out for the switch sound - needs to be conerted first from 32 bit to 16 bit and from stereo to mono, game crashes otherwise

and I am pretty sure that it didn't was like that in the stock game? Could it be that it has something to do with the effect, that you don't shoot in hipfire mode, when you don't have a target?
if you are not in shotgun mode you can fire where ever you want. But its hardcoded in shotgun mode you can't missfire (easily at least) and if you do it wont cost you any ammo ... we can't do anything about it.

Btw @Pillat do you have any comments on the quest I made for the rifle and telescope?

I'm playing the new storyline. Nelsons first Command . Could that be the reason why I have sound-problems and you not?

Last edited:
1) I'm still working on the LongRifles. Hope to finish it today as I have to be away soon again.

2) There will be 3 LongRifles:
B for Bartolomeu's quest, no ammo, no reload time to speak of, telescope always on
C for "common" use in most storylines, telescope can be added, normal concerning ammo, reload time
W for future use in WoodesRogers, for now pretty much the same behavior as C

C & W: telescope can be added and removed again
telescope on: shotgun mode when drawing your blade, No tele normal gun behaviour.
use ammo, a new shottype "pb2": small calibre rifles so they use 2 pb + 2 gp for a shot
All 3 types: switch between back mode and hip mode. Works fine (when only player is involved in this)
I plan something more/extra for type W but don't know yet what.

3) Yes Pieter, having the telescope but not yet the rifle should disable the equip button.
I thought of something similar to what you did with the toss button. Maybe I have to ask for help
with it. I'll try first.

4) I have used OBJECTS\DUEL\reload1.wav when switching from back to hip. Thought about something like that for
your switch to shotgun mode and back. My sound is very similar to Pillat's. We have to come to an agreement together.
My suggestion: shotgun switch: use OBJECTS\DUEL\reload1.wav
back/hip switch: I can use a "clothes" or something else instead.
Pillats sound is a combo of both sound types.
Also: the reload1.wav sound is already used for muskets/musketoons when switching back/hip.
I'll change that as well if you go for my idea. To avoid confusion. One sound must mean one thing.

Today I cannot to use internet so much so my answers will be a little delay. Caroline K needs the only internet
connection for her studies.

Btw the long rifle (with telescope) isn't suppost to use bullets and gunpowder?
At the moment indeed it doesn't, because I made it based on Bartolomeu's quest requirements.
Once we have Jack Rackham's updated version, we can correct that to be more sensible.

I noticed that you can't fire when the game thinks that you don't hit anything.. can that be removed?
I doubt it. Again, game engine limitations. :(

I'm playing the new storyline. Nelsons first Command . Could that be the reason why I have sound-problems and you not?
Shouldn't be, I think.... o_O

1) I'm still working on the LongRifles. Hope to finish it today as I have to be away soon again.

2) There will be 3 LongRifles:
B for Bartolomeu's quest, no ammo, no reload time to speak of, telescope always on
C for "common" use in most storylines, telescope can be added, normal concerning ammo, reload time
W for future use in WoodesRogers, for now pretty much the same behavior as C

C & W: telescope can be added and removed again
telescope on: shotgun mode when drawing your blade, No tele normal gun behaviour.
use ammo, a new shottype "pb2": small calibre rifles so they use 2 pb + 2 gp for a shot
All 3 types: switch between back mode and hip mode. Works fine (when only player is involved in this)
I plan something more/extra for type W but don't know yet what.

3) Yes Pieter, having the telescope but not yet the rifle should disable the equip button.
I thought of something similar to what you did with the toss button. Maybe I have to ask for help
with it. I'll try first.

4) I have used OBJECTS\DUEL\reload1.wav when switching from back to hip. Thought about something like that for
your switch to shotgun mode and back. My sound is very similar to Pillat's. We have to come to an agreement together.
My suggestion: shotgun switch: use OBJECTS\DUEL\reload1.wav
back/hip switch: I can use a "clothes" or something else instead.
Pillats sound is a combo of both sound types.
Also: the reload1.wav sound is already used for muskets/musketoons when switching back/hip.
I'll change that as well if you go for my idea. To avoid confusion. One sound must mean one thing.

Today I cannot to use internet so much so my answers will be a little delay. Caroline K needs the only internet
connection for her studies.
Sounds all excellent to me! :cheers

I think Levis has already done #3, so you don't have to worry about that. :no

I think Levis has already done #3, so you don't have to worry about that. :no
Very nice. Thanks a lot Levis. :bow
The only problem is the situation when the player's got the telescope but not yet the long rifle.

Just for info and ev change: the rifles needed are now called
"LongRifle_C" and "LongRifle_W"

Please come with comments on 4) so I can finish things today.

Okay, I'll change musket/mtoon sounds when switching hip/back mode to PEOPLE/clothes1.
Also the new Long Rifles will use that sound for the same thing.
Long Rifles going into Shotgun mode will use OBJECTS\DUEL\reload1.

Any guns going in/out of shotgun mode will use OBJECTS\DUEL\reload1.
I don't know what changes you may have done to that code in seadogs but I have added the sound to
my old version of the file.

@Jack Rackham sounds good mate! If you need any help with anything let me know, else just make it as you think it should be and I can make sure everything works. The equiping is handled in items.c (interface) the rest is handled in the seadogs.c it should all be pretty straight forward.

@Pillat
You can either search the crypt instantly and find a book and gun there, then you will get a hint or you can ask in the tavern for rumors and they might tell you the church sometimes give people stuff who are generous to them. This will also start the quest.

Pieter I have uploaded "JRH long rifles 11 jan 2015" on the ftp.
I'll not be available for modding monday or tuesday.

Attachments

• Long Rifle back.jpg
    Long Rifle back.jpg
    529.1 KB · Views: 110
Hmm the crypt is rather confusing :D Well , I've coded myself a nice new rifle, should be no problem with it :D

Back