• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP ENB replacer

You can install it anywhere you want.
You Need to add POTC to the game list in the program and set it.
Now a d3d8.dll (I believe ist called that) file is made in you potc Installation.
If you dont set anything only the global presets are used and it uses dx9 now.
There is also an Option to have for example more AA etc. You first Need to set the right plugin in the Pipeline tab and after that Change the Settings.
When I have some time again I will try to post some of the dlls and required files to test with different Settings. But you can also try yourself ofc.
If you see the message added during the start of the game you will have added the game right.

@Levis I think this exactly what I have done.

Attachments

• Udklip.PNG
    Udklip.PNG
    52.4 KB · Views: 136
  • ReShade32.log
    5.5 KB · Views: 108
yeah it Looks fine to me :).

This is how it looks in mine.View attachment 23052 Note that the engine cab is the one I use to run the game and the other engine.exe is just there so that if I update it the installer will find it and work properly.

This is how reshade looks just before I push either the orange bar at the bottom or the "apply" button on the top right. View attachment 23052 Also note that before any changes are made that any previous settings must be deleted by choosing the setting in the box and then using the "delete" button on the left.
@Hylie, you should select DirectX8 because potc is an dx8 game. Then select to send it to the application

It's working! I had to delete all profiles in the left hand box, go into POTC and manually delete the DX9.dll and log file, the start over. I had to hit the DX8 button MANY MANY times before it would stay there, then selected sweetfx from the list in the right hand box. The right hand box only works when the reshade folder is in the POTC folder.

There is no icon or anything, just some text that I could not read in the upper left corner.

So started the game and it is bright and the fps is locked at 60fps. In game it looks like hell with flickering shadows, flickering ships, and no ropes on the ships. (No AA or AF)

Well, I ran around and found that the slow motion on land thing is fixed. It runs at normal speed everywhere now. So that is good.

On the other hand................POTC CAB 2015-10-05 09-40-00-90.jpg POTC CAB 2015-10-05 09-40-09-17.jpg

So I deleted the whole thing and started over with a clean install. Then looked into all the different programs and the only one that mentions AA is sweetfx. So tried to adjust smaa and fxaa with no luck. They make no change I can see. So for now I'm stuck with the same ugliness that everyone else has.
POTC CAB 2015-10-05 10-14-53-99.jpg

I deleted the content in the Reshade folder, and run the Reshade ZIP again.
Then its all back again to zero, and started from scratch.

So I deleted the whole thing and started over with a clean install. Then looked into all the different programs and the only one that mentions AA is sweetfx. So tried to adjust smaa and fxaa with no luck. They make no change I can see. So for now I'm stuck with the same ugliness that everyone else has.
Apart from the black ship HP bars, I have no problem with how that screenshot looks.
A bit pixelated around the ropes perhaps, but that's it. :shrug

@ANSEL I left that folder there and pointed the mediator to it to get those presets.

@Pieter You would see nothing wrong with it as it is all you have ever seen. It is far worse than anything I have ever seen before and is completely unacceptable. It is on the same level as the stop-start-stop-start of the last 2 years.:rumgone

I have done some reading and found that Fraps will conflict with Reshade as well as other programs that modify any video settings like the AMD and NVIDIA control panels, so stopped them. That brought up two lines of error code. I am looking into them now.

Attachments

• d3d8.log
    6.8 KB · Views: 106
I just want to wrap DX8 to DX9, so I choose default preset. Its a little complicated, dont
you think so? I dont choose DX8, as levis suggested, but keep DX9 to the left as the program
says when I Placed Akella Storm2 to the left side. I have to study this program a lot more to
be sure if it is right what Im doing. This is my log.file:
PS. The missing popup still worry's me.

Attachments

• ReShade32.zip
    1 KB · Views: 96
  • Udklip.PNG
    Udklip.PNG
    24.2 KB · Views: 110
Seriously? Now we finally almost have the start-stop-start-stop issue sorted properly at long last?
I can understand the slow motion being amazingly annoying though.

Well, my game just look very fine now. Its only for graphical reason I try to figure
this out.

It is complicated and cryptic. I have tried to get on the Reshade forum but they have not confirmed me yet, so We know nothing about the errors yet. I went to another site and they had never seen those errors before.

The popup means Reshade is working. I can see the difference, but now there is another problem. It never goes away. POTC CAB 2015-10-05 14-17-58-78.jpg

Seriously. If I didn't care about the sailing part I would be playing COAS, which runs much better. The slow down on land is just a minor thing that is easily ignored.

I do want this to work because:
1) It makes POTC WinX compatible.
2) Everybody could have the good graphics if the AA part can start working.

Does this pictures look different to before?

Attachments

• seadogs2_0057.jpg
    seadogs2_0057.jpg
    657.5 KB · Views: 158
  • seadogs2_0000.jpg
    seadogs2_0000.jpg
    419.3 KB · Views: 139
  • seadogs2_0045.jpg
    seadogs2_0045.jpg
    674.5 KB · Views: 149
When it is working the options works so the screen can be made lighter and darker, plus the frame rate is capped at 60fps. I can also tell because there is no AA and everything is jaggy.

It only works when DX8 is forced to be used. DX9 does not work. I am using sweetfx and have only tried to change the ssaa and fxaa. Nothing changes and there are the error messages.

Back