• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP ENB replacer

I installed this and did not get the errors! :onya

On land graphically it is much the same as no Reshade except for the flickering shadows. At sea it is better than before and on a small ship, (Lyon Hoy) it is only slightly worse. But when another ship is around that ship flickers and has morse code ropes. All dots and dashes.

Performance on land is far better than without it as the light and dark can be adjusted in options, all the slow motion stuff caused by Win X is gone, and the frame rate is locked at 60fps reducing the load on the GPU. At sea because it is locked at 60fps there is no performance difference yet as with the Hoy it is in the 90-120fps range.

So I want Reshade on land and no Reshade at sea as it is now. I am still unable to log into the Reshade site or I would be bugging them about this. :whipa

What it looks like now. I can't really remember when it might have looked like this before as I always run at least 4X AA since 2008. It is still better than before.
POTC4 2015-10-11 21-45-51-80.jpg

Is anyone using this? I am still locked out of their web site so can not ask them about the AA issue I have with it. Otherwise it is great!

I finally got onto their site and am in a conversation. Of course I do not understand most of what they are saying. :pirate07:

I have been working on settings and have hit a wall. The AA only seems to work at short distances. This means that on deck all looks good but looking at other ships shows the ropes doing the Morse Code thing. All dots and dashes. Plus there is lots of flickering of the hull as the jaggies move around. Overall it is worse than before I installed Win X but not as bad as it was.

Back