• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Engine crash and something amiss

Yah. That's what you get when some things like textures never get installed and you try to play the game anyway. No textures = grey items.

it's best you re-install the whole thing mate. you'll continue experiencing troubles if files are missing. I had experienced those things with even worse scenarios but I re-installed and it run well. just give it a try;)
follow the steps i posted. and it's up to you if you want to install the wip: Beta 3 WIP 12

im not sure i extracted the wip 16 right cause now i have 2 game launchers one is the regular build 14 launcher and the other iss the launcher for build mod 13

How is that even possible? They're ALL called ENGINE.exe . The one should have overwritten the other.
And what is the Build 13 one doing there anyway? You shouldn't need that at all.

Install up to Build 14 Beta 2.5 first:
CRUCIAL INSTALLATION TIPS:

1. You MUST install this on top of the unmodified stock game
Pirates of the Caribbean, released in 2003 by Akella.
The mod is NOT a standalone game!

2. You MUST install Build 14 Beta 2.1 Full first!!!
3. Allow the installer to run RunMe.bat upon completion
- DON'T install the game to Program Files,
otherwise Windows prevents it from installing correctly
Install to, for example, C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean
If that works, you can go for the next step.

Which modpack version are you using? The Nations Relations interface was recently overhauled.
In any case, you cannot switch while you are "in the danger zone".

I re-extract wip 16 and this happen:
Clipboard01.jpg

I added these(from http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-3-progress.20686/):
Tradebook.zip
fix.7z(by Cassadar regarding Blackbeard's head)
new-pennants.7z

Attachments

• error.log
    68 bytes · Views: 104
  • system.log
    239 bytes · Views: 106
Looks like an erroneous install. Never saw that error before. Have you SEEN the line where it gets into trouble? Isn't that a file you modded? Perhaps that is where the problem comes from.

Back