• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved engine.exe crashes when loading, ShiftShader does not function

Indeed size is a big part of the problem. 10 GB is big, even after zipping it up. And I already spent 24 hours(!) uploading that Beta 2.1 installer. :modding

If you have an Intel GFX card, the game won't run until after the Beta 2.5 installation, which is quite annoying.
Get around that by installing this first: http://www.moddb.com/mods/potc-build-mod/downloads/intel-graphics-fix

If Windows Security Stupidity is messing things up, try installing on another computer -ANY computer- and putting the results on an external HD to transfer it to your own one.

First of all I will try what you said second what if you try sending it in parts like one file at a time
Do your best

As I said, it'll take well over a week of continuous uploading, regardless of whether they are multiple files or not. That's too much, whichever way you look at it.
Based on the ModDB number of downloads, I reckon there are well over 1000 people who managed to get it working properly with the files we posted.
So that's not where the problem lies. :shrug

after downloading the fix nothing changed same thing need more help any ideas
by the way I don't know what you mean by set my options

yeah I installed it from modDB from the links that peter sent

as for peter is there something I should do more than what I did like update to a higher mod or post something for you to look at like system or error or any of the others

The first step is getting the unmodded game to run at all. If that doesn't work, there's little point going further.
Perhaps the Beta 3 installer will help once that is finished. But still, the unmodded game has to work with the Intel Fix. :facepalm

ok here is what I did download build 13 final update to build 14 beta2-1 the to build 14 beta2-5 but in the middle there was a lot if fixing like downloading engine.ini but non of the ever work and they end up doing the same thing black screen

If you never installed the original game, it is no surprise it wouldn't work. You do need it. Very much so. It's a modpack, not a stand-alone game.
I thought you were saying you had Intel compatibility issues. :facepalm

Check your PMs; you should have received one before your previous post.

it didn't work it told me this page can not be displayed is their another link other than the ones in that page

There are several there. If there are others, I don't know about them.

Why don't just buy it?.. You know.. The legal way.. And if you already have problems with ZIP archives, I doubt that you can manage to install a game downloaded from the internet..

Back