• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved engine.exe crashes when loading, ShiftShader does not function

Neither do I. Never had to use it. What is your problem?

Huh. That is odd. Pieter's post did not appear until I posted. o_O

:( please can any body help me I just downloaded potc build 13 final from stragityinformer it gave me a run time error at first turns out it didn't have engine.ini so I downloaded it after the game opened but when I say new game it stops working
I really want to play this game please

Ohh boy.......It has been years since I played build 13 so I am very rusty on how this one works. :8q

The engine.ini is created after you set your options. Do that first and then try to start a new game.

What are your computer specifications? There is a good chance you can play build 14, which has far more features.

Ninja'd again! :ninja

The engine.ini is created after you set your options. Do that first and then try to start a new game.
You're thinking of the "options" file. Engine.ini should always be there. Just some game versions give errors on it.

Guys it missing worldmap.c so how about you send a link of were to download it or there is another way
The link that peter sent me on my email gave me an error so one of you download potc build 13 fianl on their pc and the put a log of worldmap.c here and i can copy it to my main folder that is an awesome way but please dont send it zip because i have no idea how it works so ether send it to me on my email piracouda2000@gmail.com or put it up here plz i love this game
PS dont send a link on were to download the game because i live egyptso do one of the two ways or anothe better way but just know some websites dont work in my country thanks

It sounds like you missed Pieter's reference to "read more" so I will attempt to explain it better.

Read all instructions carefully.

1) Install the stock POTC outside of "program files".

2) Install build 14 beta 2.1 full onto the stock POTC. Overwrite all files and run the runme.bat.

3) Install build 14 beta 2.5 light onto beta 2.1. Overwrite and run the runme.bat.

All of the files can be found here.

Pirates of the Caribbean: New Horizons mod - Mod DB

I do not know where build 13 is located for download and can not install it.

can you please send me a link were I can download the mods that has nothing to do stragetyinformer or gamefront please because gamefront tells me 403 error forbidden and If u have something good about stragetyinformer tell me

You wanted download links that are NOT StrategyInformer or FileFront, right? All large files listed there have mirrors listed in their description.
Press "read more +" and that should give you some links that work.

Look guys i am sick of trying whenever i solve a problem another one pops up so can somebody that already has the game updated just send it to me one way or another please i would give any thing to play that game if you can send it my email is piracouda2000@gmail.com and please don't give up on me plz :(:(:(

I don't know why you haven't answered yet but say you cant send
then we're back to solving the problem I updated to build 14 beta2-1 full then to build 14 beta2-5 light and it was missing engine.ini I downloaded it worked until I said new game opened a black screen but I can open the map and increase time and stuff but no pic
it said error on the main file in there was this

RUNTIME ERROR - file: characters\characters.c; line: 121
Cant create class: NPCharacter
RUNTIME ERROR - file: dialog.c; line: 203
void function return value
RUNTIME ERROR - file: dialog.c; line: 203
function 'SelfDialog' stack error

help help help

I just checked one of my installs and it is 9.9GB that is too big to send anywhere the first thing you should do is set your options that will create an engine.ini if I remember correctly.

Back