• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Enhanced Smuggling

I'd say tommorow evening

I'd say tommorow evening
I might do that, depending on how busy it is next week with my day job. Could be that I won't finish until quite late.
If that does happen, it will probably be later this week, but definitely before the weekend.

I've been trough the complete thing once now so I expect there to still be some bugs. But I think it's quite nice already.
I would love to hear the comment from other people.
I reconmend a new game. But an F11 should be enough I think.
I you want to know what is changed the most (wont spoil much but if you want to be suprised don't click it ;) ):
get a LOM from one country and talk to the governor. When you ask about business you will have another option.
Or if you don't like that make sure the smugglers like you a bit (starting with a smuggler character will be on this status from the start) and the smuggler agent will have a new option avaible.
Extract to your potc root folder.

Known issues:
- When you have an LOM or something and you are caught by the coastguard they wont give you the option yet to visit the governor to get the quest
- There is no generic hunt smugglers quest yet but I think this will be quite nice already :)
- You can lose your LOM but the quest will go on. Altough you first need to get your LOM back before you can continue showing stuff to the governor (for now this is intentional).
-

New version:
Mod Release - Levis' Stuff [okt 2] | PiratesAhoy!

Last edited:
@Levis on this text:
Code:
"Oh yes? I have a proposition concerning pirates.",
"Pirates? Sounds interesting",
If that still related to the Ship Hunting quests, then technically that change isn't always correct.
The generated ship could be of ANY hostile nation, not just the pirates.

@Levis on this text:
Code:
"Oh yes? I have a proposition concerning pirates.",
"Pirates? Sounds interesting",
If that still related to the Ship Hunting quests, then technically that change isn't always correct.
The generated ship could be of ANY hostile nation, not just the pirates.

Yes, and it said pirates before too... You can change it as long as it fits with the other line which can be added.

Yes, and it said pirates before too... You can change it as long as it fits with the other line which can be added.
The original text should be generic enough then:
Code:
"Oh yes? I have a proposition for you, captain.",
"Indeed?",

No, you can have the ship hunting and the smuggler quest there. So I'd say change the "pirates" in "ships" or something like that.

@Pieter Boelen
what do you think about this?
Code:
"Oh yes? There are some hostiles in our waters, could you help with this?",
"Sounds interesting",

No, you can have the ship hunting and the smuggler quest there. So I'd say change the "pirates" in "ships" or something like that.
The default text doesn't mention pirates as it is extremely generic. o_O

"Sounds interesting",
Would you consider smugglers as "hostiles"?
Also, I think theoretically the "I have a proposition for you" line could be shown to lead to certain specific sidequests too.
As much as I'm not fond of texts being overly bland, I fear that is the only way to have it not wrong. :facepalm

The default text doesn't mention pirates as it is extremely generic. o_O

Would you consider smugglers as "hostiles"?
Also, I think theoretically the "I have a proposition for you" line could be shown to lead to certain specific sidequests too.
As much as I'm not fond of texts being overly bland, I fear that is the only way to have it not wrong. :facepalm
Please take a good look at the code.
If there is a ship hunting quest it will show this line. If the smuggling quest is also avaible it will add something to it.
So the player gets to choose which of the two quests he wants. I can't overwrite it cause maybe you don't want the smugglers quest but you want the ship hunting.
So the text has to hint to somewhat so the player can choose else he doesn't know what the case is.
Thats why I say there are some hostiles in the waters. The second text I see now is actually still wrong. It should mention the waters or something like that also, because else you don't know what you are picking.
So I sugest:

Code:
"I can help you with these hostiles.",

" Also ",
"I've got a problem with smugglers.",
"I would like to hear about the smugglers.",
In case both quests are accesable this is how the dialog will look:

Governor: Oh yes? There are some hostiles in our waters, could you help with this? Also I've got a problem with smugglers.
Option1: I can help you with these hostiles.
Option2: I would like to hear about the smugglers.

If only the smugglers is active it looks like this:

Governor: I've got a problem with smugglers.
Option1: I would like to hear about the smugglers.

If only the shiphunt is active it looks like this:

Governor: Oh yes? There are some hostiles in our waters, could you help with this?
Option1: I can help you with these hostiles.

Yea the new smuggler quest.. how do I begin it? I have it on my questbook eversince I started the new game, but I can't seem to find a way to get it going

Yea the new smuggler quest.. how do I begin it? I have it on my questbook eversince I started the new game, but I can't seem to find a way to get it going
Get a Lom from one of the governors and then talk to him about business

Reactions: A.H
@A.H where you able to start it now?
Looking forward to some comments :).

I only got the governor quest where he first asks me to go to bonnaire and find dutch smuggler trying to smuggle weapons for the spanish in port royal.. is this your smuggling quest series, or it's something else?

If it is, then i got stuck on this one.. i completed it and got the letter from smuggler's home, but when i go to governor to deliver it.. the dialog doesn't have any option to complete it.

I only got the governor quest where he first asks me to go to bonnaire and find dutch smuggler trying to smuggle weapons for the spanish in port royal.. is this your smuggling quest series, or it's something else?
That is "Sinking the Vogelstruys" and has got nothing to do with that.
As Grey Roger reminded me, the guy who gives you that quest isn't even a governor at all. :no

Uhm.... @Levis, does this look right to you?
upload_2015-9-30_20-4-53.png

Back