• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Enhanced Smuggling

Yea the lady is the governor.. and the guy sitting down is the guy who i get the quests from..

@Levis, I think this code might be closer to what you had in mind:
Code:
        bool otherquest = false;
         stemp = "";
         if (!CheckAttribute(pchar, "quest.generate_kill_quest") && GetNationRelation2MainCharacter(GetCurrentLocationNation()) != RELATION_ENEMY)
         {
           stemp = DLG_TEXT[14];
           link.l1 = DLG_TEXT[15];
           link.l1.go = "kill_pirate";
           otherquest = true;
         }
         //Added by Levis for the smuggler guild
         if (!CheckAttribute(pchar,"quest.smuggling_guild.governor_quest") && IsInServiceOf(iNation))
         {
           if(otherquest)   stemp = stemp + DLG_TEXT[81];
           stemp = stemp + DLG_TEXT[82];
           link.l2 = DLG_TEXT[83];
           link.l2.go = "smuggler guild";
           otherquest = true;
         }
         if (otherquest) dialog.text = stemp;
Did a quick test and it seems to behave itself.

Yea the lady is the governor.. and the guy sitting down is the guy who i get the quests from..
Single quest! Just lots of them. But not anymore.
The lady will give you the REAL governor quests.

Reactions: A.H
looks good @Pieter Boelen
Altough I did test the other version and it should work too.
@A.H seems you still haven't found the quest.
All entries to it will be updates in the questbook in the quest called "A smugglers life for me"

I try to run the governors smuggling quest but :

ERROR - Quest name Smuggler Guild Accepted Governor NOT found in ANY function

Attachments

• compile.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 103
Finding it is easy. Get a LoM then any governor for work.
You have to have Levis' zip installed though because it isn't yet in the installer.

Yes i did get a LOM.. but ill try again maybe I wasn't doing something right.

Anyhow going to report a few minor issues on a separate thread.

I try to run the governors smuggling quest but :

ERROR - Quest name Smuggler Guild Accepted Governor NOT found in ANY function
You got the whole zip I provided and installed it over the last update?
its in quest_side.c so it should work...

Yes i did get a LOM.. but ill try again maybe I wasn't doing something right.

Anyhow going to report a few minor issues on a separate thread.
You know for sure you installed the zip?
Did you do any smuggling already?
Do you have the smugglers life for me quest in your questbook already?

Sounds like I should make another Installer EXE maybe this evening....

The regular smuggling I am unable to since I took one a long while ago from havana and I did not go to it.. so it does not disappear from questbook..
when i go other towns and try to arrange a smuggle, they tell me to complete the havana one first.. i will try to go havana today and see if it can be sorted out.. because that havana business was back when i was lvl 5-10.
Now i'm lvl 44 :D

Edit: I went to havana.. and when i speak to smuggler he says "What do you have for me captain?" and my only reply back is "nothing".

however on questbook it says "Smuggling in havana"... description says that smuggler asked me to find schedule.. but there is no soldier that enters the dialog with me where i can find the schedule and neither is there any soldier standing in tavern like it's supposed to be.

Last edited:
The regular smuggling I am unable to since I took one a long while ago from havana and I did not go to it.. so it does not disappear from questbook..
when i go other towns and try to arrange a smuggle, they tell me to complete the havana one first.. i will try to go havana today and see if it can be sorted out.. because that havana business was back when i was lvl 5-10.
Now i'm lvl 44 :D

Edit: I went to havana.. and when i speak to smuggler he says "What do you have for me captain?" and my only reply back is "nothing".

however on questbook it says "Smuggling in havana"... description says that smuggler asked me to find schedule.. but there is no soldier that enters the dialog with me where i can find the schedule and neither is there any soldier standing in tavern like it's supposed to be.
AH that is why it does't expire.
Talk to the smuggler agent in the tavern again.

Sounds like I should make another Installer EXE maybe this evening....
What time do you wanna start? Then I will upload at least what I have before then again (Updates etc)

YEa i spoke to him many times, all he says "What do you have for me captain" ...
usually when you ask to smuggle, you have 2 different dialogs.. first one he asks you about schedule.. then second dialog is confirmation.

Whether you speak to soldier or not, confirmation always occurs on second dialog.
In my case I am unable to get a second dialog with him.

Execute this command trough the console:

RemoveSmugglersFromShore();

You got the whole zip I provided and installed it over the last update?
its in quest_side.c so it should work...
I run the ZIP once again and it seems to be alright now. I have the document now, so I will try to test it out to night.:yes
Dont knowing why it wont work the first time?o_O

I have the first reward, by the governor, and he told me to carry on whit my investigation.
I will go on with it, see what it brings on. So for now it seems to be OK.:guns:

I have the first reward, by the governor, and he told me to carry on whit my investigation.
I will go on with it, see what it brings on. So for now it seems to be OK.:guns:
If you want to go further you need to:
Make sure the smugglers trust you more. This will unlock another option at the smuggler agent.
Or find something which they might also be interested in and show it to the agent.

Back