• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Enhanced Smuggling

Well I loose my LOM and the Trading license, by doing these task?

I run in to the coastguard, on the beach, after finishing the business with the smugglers.
Since it was the first time I got of whit a warning , then the coastguard killed the smugglers,
leaving me and my crew unharmed and free to go.

I found something on Jamaica, show it to the smuggler and get a list.
Talked with the governor and get my reward. Im going further on with
the quest now.PS. Works fine and it is a new kind of fun.:)

Last edited:
This time I loose my LOM and trading license again, no coastguard involved
The town guard on Jamaica toke me with some illegal stuff in my pocket, but
they always do that, I think? If you loose LOM and trading license every time
you have done a task in this quest, it is a very expensive adventure to deal
with. After rapporting to the governor in Governors Harbor, I loose those
papers for the second time, and going to sea, my personal flag is hoist, without
my orders,and the fort is firing on me. So you loose a lot of money doing this
quest.:mad:

Last edited:
A little hint:
You got the governors orders right? When the coastguard or opium guard walks toward you, try using the "Look at this" dialog line. It will make you show the governors orders.
Ofcourse this will only work on islands which are the same nation as the governor :p. So I think that's why you missed it now.

Glad to see someone is trying it :).
I still need to work more on it. mostly this is all just tutorial to explain smuggling well :p. Later it will become really interesting. How do you like the system for the new stuff? Maybe you are intersted in some nice trivia about that:
Each time you'll start a game the buyers will be selected randomly, so this will be different every time. It's even possible one buyer might be in the opium den :p. Hence the rule you need to go to one other buyer before going back to the previous one. There is a sligt possebility there are 2 character on jamaica chosen. But if that is the case you are just very lucky :p.

btw if you gave the governor 3 things you should talk to him again. For now this is the end ;).

I was going directly to the governor whit the list of customers, I dont contacted any of the buyers,
as the questbook told me to go to the governor. I will try to do it in an other way now. I like the
idea and the system seems to be god, but maybe the text in the questbook should not tell you to
go to governor before you have contacted some of the buyers?
PS. I cant find any smugglers on Eleuthera.

Last edited:
I gave the governor 2 things, the missing one must be this:
"You can deliver a report about opium smuggling to gain some points"
But I cant figure out have to trick it yet.:cool:

I was going directly to the governor whit the list of customers, I dont contacted any of the buyers,
as the questbook told me to go to the governor. I will try to do it in an other way now. I like the
idea and the system seems to be god, but maybe the text in the questbook should not tell you to
go to governor before you have contacted some of the buyers?
PS. I cant find any smugglers on Eleuthera.
The order doesn't matter. You should keep the list when you go to the governor.

Now I have given the governor all 3 things, so for now there is no more to do ?
I think its fun and well working.:D

@Levis: Any idea why @ANSEL is having troubles with losing stuff?
Are you calling UpdateRMRelation anywhere?
As a reward there is. I believe besides that there isn't. But guards can attack you and that might cause it?

Now I have given the governor all 3 things, so for now there is no more to do ?
I think its fun and well working.:D
Ask him if he read your reports, that should give a final reward and should give a questbook entry saying that part is done for now.

Ask him if he read your reports, that should give a final reward and should give a questbook entry saying that part is done for now.
I ask him about reading the reports, and the questbook entry says its done for now, this is OK. But NO REWARD!
If I leave him and come back, the dialog about reading reports still is active. Wurst: I have to crave forgiveness and
bye a new LOM. EVERY TIME I GO OUT OF THAT DOOR I LOOSE THE LOM!

Attachments

• error.zip
    293 bytes · Views: 101
  • compile.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 97
  • system.zip
    1 KB · Views: 102
I ask him about reading the reports, and the questbook entry says its done for now, this is OK. But NO REWARD!
If I leave him and come back, the dialog about reading reports still is active. Wurst: I have to crave forgiveness and
bye a new LOM. EVERY TIME I GO OUT OF THAT DOOR I LOOSE THE LOM!
@Pieter Boelen there is an update RM in the rewards. could it be this one is doing something wrong? Could you take a look at it?

Something is very wrong and weird here now. When I gave the governor the third ting,
I turned to pirate captain! Loosing LOM and Trading licens, my nation turns hostile to
me and ect.

Attachments

• error.zip
    310 bytes · Views: 94
These are called as a reward
Code:
UpdateRMRelation(pchar, sti(pchar.quest.smuggling_guild.governor_quest.nation), 5);

the nation is set here:
Code:
ref gov_town = GetCurrentTown();
            Preprocessor_AddQuestData("town", FindTownName(gov_town.id));
            AddQuestRecord("smuggleguild", 3);
            Preprocessor_Remove("town");
            pchar.quest.smuggling_guild.governor_quest = TRUE;
            pchar.quest.smuggling_guild.governor_quest.town = gov_town.id;
            pchar.quest.smuggling_guild.governor_quest.nation = gov_town.nation;
So this either means the nation of the town is set wrong (might be because periods don't update these?) or something else is going on.
Could you execute this trough the console:
Code:
Trace("GOV NATION: "+pchar.quest.smuggling_guild.governor_quest.nation);
and let me know what the compile log says. And also please tell which nation the governor you are working for is from.

Also noticed a little bug in the error log so fixed that also. Please put this file in the DIALOGS folder

Attachments

• OpiumBuyer.c
    3 KB · Views: 110
These are called as a reward
Code:
UpdateRMRelation(pchar, sti(pchar.quest.smuggling_guild.governor_quest.nation), 5);
YIKES! The nation that you call that function with is the one THAT YOU ATTACK!
So if you do the quest for the English governor, that code will think that you attacked England.
Probably better to use this instead:
Code:
UpdateRMRelation(pchar, PIRATE, 5);
That simulates attacking the pirates, which is always fair game (unless you're a pirate).
Maybe a separate "SMUGGLERS" should be created for this some time, but for now I reckon using the pirates will do.
What's the difference between pirates and smugglers anyway? :razz

Back