• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Flag Locators Repair Project

Actually, it does have all four stern locators. How ironic is that?! :facepalm

That must have been a very bad storm to toss a cannon out the port! :shock:

Now I have to look at them in TOOL. I have a stock game installed too. How much work will it be to upgrade them?

Ah, I think I know what happened.
Stock Corvette1 works fine, and is 150KB in size. However, stock Corvette2 is corrupt, and is 401KB, despite being exactly the same model.
My guess is that version is missing the last locator, and the hull must have eventually been used for all corvettes, so the missing locator was applied as well.

I'm putting the new files on the FTP, but the program is being very slow for some reason. I'll let you know when they're available.

Now I have to look at them in TOOL. I have a stock game installed too. How much work will it be to upgrade them?
Copy and paste, you'll be pleased to know. :cheeky
Just get the files I've put on the FTP (when they're on there), copy them in place of every corvette model, and HEX-edit all the 'part1' models to use the right textures.
Make a note of the texture each one uses before replacing them, though!

I just looked and corvette2 won't work in either TOOL or GMViewer. So the original corvette1 will be the base that all other versions will be built from. :nerbz

It sounds like you are delegating, so I will do this. :dance It will be slow going because I will also be rebuilding the rigging and looking at the flags. :cheers

This is a side issue, but there are big differences in size of these GMs. The stock corvette1, and all corvette1 versions I have but one, are 374kb. That other one is 150kb and is the one I added one line to for deck.GM. That is the one that works in game but beeps at me.

All other corvette GMs that I looked at are 401kb and none of them work in tool, but do work in game.

I love a good mystery! :mm

That's very strange. My stock Corvette1 was 150KB, not 374KB. :wacko:

But there's more. I totally forgot until recently, that there is a difference between the two stock corvettes. Corvette2 has stern lanterns, and Corvette1 does not.
That must be the reason why Corvette2 was copied for every other corvette model. It also means we're now without stern lanterns. :modding

However, this texture should solve that: http://www.pyratesahoy.com/potc/Experienced%20Captain/Back-up,%20WIP%20and%20unreleased/New%20Corvette%20WIP/Blank1_corvette1.tga.7z
This just makes the lanterns on the invisible model show up, which means they have reverse lighting, but I've made them a bit darker so that will hopefully not be such an issue.

I just did another stock POTC install straight from the CDs and the original corvette1 is 374kb. :mm I searched every install I have and corvette1 in all of them is 374kb except for one install that has not been updated since last fall, which is dated 2009 and is 401kb, and the one that beeps at me, which I added the "deck" line to a few days ago and is 150kb. :mm
So, I took a 374kb corvette1.GM and added the "deck" line to it. Voila! It suddenly became 150kb! :mi I'm guessing that the deck textures are inside the GM and adding that line removes them. That means that the stern lanterns could be added to the deck.GM, or even installed separately like they are in corvette1_47. Could the corvette1_47 lanterns be used? :8q

This is getting too complicated for my simple mind. :j1

I've been tinkering with the 150kb corvette1.GM and installed the lights from the barque longue. I chose this ship because it was the first ship with lights I found. :)) They don't look bad, but they could be a little farther apart. Do POTC ships use lights from day and night? This is the one that beeps at me, so if you want to use this one as the base model a coder will have to fix the beeping, and perhaps the bow wave.

I'll be tinkering with the 374kb version next.

I don't understand what you are doing with all of that blank.tga.tx stuff, so will look into it later.

Drop mines with the [9]-key (NOT the Numpad one). Note that you need to have 300 gunpowder in your cargo hold.
Feel free to adjust the controls description file and send it to me for inclusion in the next release. :doff

The beeping has to do with a corrupted model file. The question is which one(s) is (are?) corrupted?

Beeping is caused when the "collision detection" of a model is lost when saving with the TOOL.
This causes a decrease in filesize. So if a file is smaller than it used to be, it very likely beeps too.
Maybe it'd work better on another computer? Strangely enough, in some cases that does make a difference. :facepalm

I just tried Armada's files, and they don't beep and the bow wave is good. That is until I deleted the invisible ship. It looked better but it beeped and had the bad bow wave.

The only other computer I could try is one of my wife's, but if she found out............. She has her own knife, sword, and guns. :ixi

And scissors. snip snip
urgh.gif

Drop mines with the [9]-key (NOT the Numpad one). Note that you need to have 300 gunpowder in your cargo hold.
Feel free to adjust the controls description file and send it to me for inclusion in the next release. :doff

it has nothing to do with the discriptions. both mine dropping and switching your camera's viewpoint from ship to ship is simply not even listed in the controls. it's not even in the defaultcontrols file.

I've updated the file in my folder on the ftp about this, and added the 'Ctrl+arrow keys(left/right)' thing for moving between ships in the location.

I'm sort of jumping for joy on the stuff Amarda and Hylie Pistoff have been talking about here, great work on trying to solve the riddle of the GA and other ship issues, this is real good progress chaps :doff

I just did another stock POTC install straight from the CDs and the original corvette1 is 374kb. :mm
That might be because I tested my version in TOOL, by adding a random rope, saving, then deleting it and saving again. It was probably 374KB before that, and 150KB after.

Well that was a well kept secret until now! I've never seen anything about mines. :blink:

I just tried Armada's files, and they don't beep and the bow wave is good. That is until I deleted the invisible ship. It looked better but it beeped and had the bad bow wave.
Did you also download the textures? You just need to put them in RESOURCE/Textures/Ships, and the 'invisible' model should be exactly what it says on the tin... :?

Haven't you ever sunk yourself by hitting a mine? :wp Or managed to miss it only to have one of your ships behind you hit it? :j3 Or accidentally dropped one and sunk your ship following behind you? :facepalm I never think about using one when I need it. :rumgone

Ahh. I didn't have the textures in the right place. It's working now. It looks nice, doesn't beep, and has a good bow wave. Do we want to use this as our base model?

After the troubles with the Luggers I am reluctant to use a ship that is essentially two ships fused together. Invisible or not that has to increase the load on the computer. I'm going to sneak onto my wife's puter and try to save one in TOOL there. In the meantime I will play test this one and see how it works out.
thpirateshipff.gif

i think one of the reasons mines were introduced was to make the gunboat more useful. it's a sneaky little bastard, but the only reason i knew you could drop mines somehow was because i was here at the time the mod was made.

Back