• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Flying Dutchman

They all look fine to me... except one thing: LEGO Blackbeard, seriously?! We've got to have something better than that! :blink:
What about adapting this image: http://www.shockya.com/news/wp-content/uploads/pirates_4_blackbeard_sword_photo1.jpg
I know, it's not a nice neat white-background image, but it's better than Lego for this purpose IMO.
Awwwwww but the little LEGO Blackbeard is so cuuuuuuuuute!
24.gif

Makes me just wanna give the little guy a hug. lol
monkeydance.gif

Yeah, might wanna change that, Pieter.
smile2.gif
Whahahaa! I do love joking around! :rofl
I was wondering if anyone would comment. I'll see if I can make something a bit more serious. But I must say... I DO like the LEGO Blackbeard one! :razz

Here's a third version that nicely balances between the boring and not-boring versions. It uses the LEGO Blackbeard's sword, but doesn't actually have the LEGO figure on it.
How about it, eh? :wp

Yup. Very boring indeed. It'd be worht putting LEGO Blackbeard in just to hear the random reactions from players. lol
icon_wink.gif

That's what I was thinking; let's see how many people notice our little easter egg in the easter egg. :rofl

Anyway, have you seen my third version? LEGO sword, but no LEGO minifigure. I like it better than the "boring" version for sure.

Not to sound "boring" or anything, but your third attempt has the sword upside-down.

Anyhow, I'm reworking the Flying Dutchman in Maya, because the hull UVs are no good for high-detail planking.
I'm also going to remove the skeleton figurehead for the uncursed version.

Look at the other end; how can you hold a sword by the hand guard? :rolleyes:

Very! :cheeky

I've got the speed bursts for the Cursed Pearl and QAR working too. :doff

Very! :cheeky

I've got the speed bursts for the Cursed Pearl and QAR working too. :doff

Sweet.
me.gif
Beta 2 is gonna be our best release yet!
I bet a year ago, you probably woulda thought all this was impossible. I know I certainly never expected to see the Dutchman's submerging ability actually come to light. You know when this game's 10 year anniversary comes up, we gotta do something huge.
icon_wink.gif

I discovered the game's release date was June 28, 2003. Not only was that the world premier of the first movie at Disneyland (I was there!), but it was also my 20th birthday. I thought that was cool that this game came out on my birthday.
rolleyes.gif

My files are now available for your testing-, playing- and movie-making-pleasure: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/16164-build-14-beta-1-patch-news/page__view__findpost__p__411441 :doff

Indeed most things I WOULD have thought to be impossible. How I LOOOOVE being wrong! :cheeky

And that date coincidence is really cool too. And what if... it's not a coincidence? :wp

You know when this game's 10 year anniversary comes up, we gotta do something huge.
icon_wink.gif
So you expect us all to still be here in two years' time? And to still be innovating? If that's not ambitious, I don't know what is! :shock

I discovered the game's release date was June 28, 2003. Not only was that the world premier of the first movie at Disneyland (I was there!), but it was also my 20th birthday. I thought that was cool that this game came out on my birthday.
rolleyes.gif
Maybe it's not a coincidence; you were destined to mod this game! :dance

OH DAMMIT! I just realised the Dutchman hull can't be read in TOOL. There goes any attempt to fully re-export with Maya. :modding :modding :modding

I started by exporting it to OBJ format, and deleting the 'crap' generated because it exceeds the 50,000 polygon limit.
This left me with most of the hull intact, but with several key details missing. I was going to split the model up in TOOL and export it in parts, but now that ain't gonna happen.
I've got no locators to use, along with some of the gunport figures missing, no guns, no stern detail or windows, and no seaweed parts.

It's official. We'll need someone to remake the missing parts and make all the locators again, if we ever want to modify the model again.
That means I can't remove the figurehead and export to GM format until further notice. :facepalm
I, for one, don't fancy redoing most of the missing details. The stern decorations alone would be a massive pain!
I can, however, add some new cannons and fill in a few gaps. After that, I'll need another modeller to finish the rest.

Possibly, yes. Is he still around much these days?

I just tried sending him a PM about the source files, but it gave me an error message saying "this member cannot receive new messages".
I seem to recall seeing that before, too. :facepalm

Maybe we should ask Bonjourmonami if he'd like to help sort out the model as it currently is. I know he's worked on a Dutchman model before now, anyway. :shrug

I haven't seen him around lately. He had some model updates for the Pearl, but he never sent them.
dunno.gif

Back