• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde from PotBS - ported by pgargon

Damski,

Here's some pics of Friedrich zu Pferde. I couldn't find the older ones of the model I built and I'm not living at home, so I had a family member snap some shots of it. The ones at the end of the set is the Dutch version of the model I built. They turned out dark. They will send me more in the morning when the light is good.

My opinion is that most people model it too light. The green should be the Dutch green and the hull wood texture that the model has now is pretty good. I would favor dark wood over light though.

Enjoy.

MK

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49225014@N05/sets/72157626125136412/

If you want Damski, I can do the other two hull textures if you want to give me the files when you are ready.

Craiggo

Hi,

Thanks for the pics MK :onya

If you can work out how they go Craggo,( it's not mapped quite the same as our ships), be my guest :doff

Anyway here's how it's looking up to press, (after my HD dissappeared from the system and me getting going again.....lucky bugger :modding )

WIP_3.jpg

The rigging will need doing of course.....can't leave that on.....just there for effect & a guide.
damski

Wow that looks great Damski!
me.gif

I'll give it a look, just let me know when your ready and upload the files.

You can leave the rigging on. That is the standing rigging anyway, I'll add the flying rigging for the game but I use the tool which takes forever and is allot of guess work. The Poseidon has similar rigging and It looks great in the game.
yes.gif

Looks good Damski. I would only change one thing.... The green area should be clinker built meaning that the planks overlap one another. We have other models with the clinker built texture. The Wappen von Hamburg: Heavy Lineship in CMV 3.2 has an overlapping clinker built superstructure.

check out these picks and focus on the after castles.

MK

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49225014@N05/sets/72157624827690955/

Hi,

MK.......more like this:-
WIP_4.jpg

BTW......don't expect this ship finished very soon as my computer is throwing a fit .....no virus but is not working as it should and it keeps loosing a HD :modding

damski.

Hi,

[attachment=6037:WIP_4.jpg]

BTW......don't expect this ship finished very soon as my computer is throwing a fit .....no virus but is not working as it should and it keeps loosing a HD :modding

damski.

Yes that's much better Damski. :onya

Good luck with the computer. What kind of HD is it? Have you backed up your data on an external? I have lots of parts. If you keep having issues let me know and maybe I could help you with a replacement HD.

MK

All the ships in PotBS use thesame textures....mostly. Xaphod from the PotBS community made a non-copyright version of textures to be used outside of PoTBS for projects like this. Jack Harrison should have them, otherwise I can send them to somewhere.

Custom ships in PoTBS was allowed an extra custom texture. I don´t know, but it might fall under the copyright. Better to be safe than sorry.

Didnt LiMuBei make the Alexander?

:sad
Hi,

[attachment=6037:WIP_4.jpg]

damski.

Yes that's much better Damski. :onya

Good luck with the computer. What kind of HD is it? Have you backed up your data on an external? I have lots of parts. If you keep having issues let me know and maybe I could help you with a replacement HD.

MK

Hi MK.......300 gb Sata HD is dead, wont even reformat :modding .......only trouble now is I've no room on my other HD to store any work :twisted: .

Bad news Damski,

I am not at home. I work remotely. Let me call my bother and see what we have in the parts bin. Send me a PM with with your PC specs and shipping address. If I don't have a 300GB sata, I may have something else (very possibly better). Did you have your work backed up?

MK

All the ships in PotBS use thesame textures....mostly. Xaphod from the PotBS community made a non-copyright version of textures to be used outside of PoTBS for projects like this. Jack Harrison should have them, otherwise I can send them to somewhere.

Custom ships in PoTBS was allowed an extra custom texture. I don´t know, but it might fall under the copyright. Better to be safe than sorry.

Didnt LiMuBei make the Alexander?

Yeah he sure did,

The Custom texture was supplied by LiM so I guess he created it himself so we should be okay, I will ask him about it anyway. I have also asked him for the Pommern but due to the fact that it was a group effort getting in contact with the others who worked on it is difficult and I have only managed to speak to Kris about it, Marion and Michael have vanished. I have also been trying to ask Xaphod about his ships and that texture you mentioned but he hasnt't replied yet :) Kris has also said when he gets the time he will allow us to use his work even unfinished projects too which is great but its just a bit of waiting.

Would I be able to have a copy of those textures please as they would be useful for when I finally finish Neptunus.

Regards,

What ships does Xaphod have there SeaNorris? And what's the latest on Remus77 there?

Xaphod created the Atlas Bark (Endeavour I think) , Agamemnon (Refit of the Atlas Bark), Leviathan (A Chapman Bark quite large) and Bahamut (Refit of Leviathan) so trade ships and pirate refits to turn them into heavily armed ships.

LiM has told me the custom texture was made by him so its fine to use it, I am still trying to get in contact with Remus not heard from him in a while, I will keep trying though :)

Regards,

You're doing a really good job in liberating all these PotBS ships for placement into a far better product there SeaNorris. You're doing these ships a great service. :yes Keep up the good work!

Now back on topic can you guys list off what's finished and what needs to be done to finish THIS ship as I'm rather curious as to how soon I'll be sailing her. :hmm

Hi,

Problem with computer is hopefully resolved by fitting new MB battery.............tomorrow I'll commence work on this ship.

damski.

Well from what I'm seeing so far you are doing a great job there. :yes

How soon till she's ready as I'd love to sail my trusty Macedon once more. :cheeky

Back