• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde from PotBS - ported by pgargon

What's the latest on this ship?

Hi,
Still working on it.........doing a bit of remapping of uv's on the stern on the cabin sides (castles or whatever you call them), grouping & labeling parts & checking for double sided triangles...........replacing cannon barrels with not square ones. May need to rescale it all yet.
Then start the locator work & walk patch.......try to give it a cabin interior with lighting for the CoAS version

Hoping it, (in both PoTC & CoAS formats),will be released before I go back to England for a week in about three weeks

Will give a new sreenshot shortly.

:cheers
damski.

I can hardly wait!!!! :onya I will probably take a day off work when we get this beauty in game. :cheeky

This will be my favorite ship in game now :b: ....that is unless the talented Pgargon ever decided to build Zeven Provincien or Hollandia. :b:

MK

@ modernknight1
Sorry but an another modeler build the Zeven Provincien therefore I decided to build the San Felipe.
http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17189-de-zeven-provincien/ :gday

Hi,

Pgargon.........I think MK means you might do a model that actually looks like the Zeven Provincien ;)

Pgargon, I understand my friend.

Perhaps you would consider building Hollandia then.

In 1658 after the defeats of the 1st Anglo Dutch war, Johann de Witt convinced the States/Heeren 17 to designate four million guiders for the first 60 ships of the new "Confederate" Dutch navy. Most of those first 60 ships were of the 44 gun variety (which I love), but 12 were of the new 80 gun 1st rate design of which Zeven Provincien was the new flagship.

All of those first twelve 80 gun ships were built to the same specifications and dimensions. The only differences were in the rear galleries and decorations. Each ship was unique in that way.

So you could build Hollandia off of the blue prints I provided for Zeven Provincien and simply change the rear gallery decorations to match these pictures.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49225014@N05/sets/72157624811694901/

Could it be done?

MK

Hi all,

Quick heads up.....this project is on hold till I get a new mouse next week :modding this one,(old stand in cabled), is virtually uncontrollable, (in other words, *ucked), for gaming let alone modelling.
Sorry, but on the other hand I'm not going to the UK till 9th April anyway, so it'll be done by then at least.

BTW,this is the last import ship I do :twisted: too much messing around...haven't the patience or time for it.

damski.

I hope you still continue to enjoy the game mate! Even if you do not create anymore ships, which would be a great loss to us, at least have fun.

Looking foreword to you master peace but don't let it get you frustrated. It can be time consuming and if you ask my wife, a time black hole.
user_comment.gif

How's it going here? Getting things worked out there? Computer hardware among other electronics can be a REAL pain at times. I've had more computer issues than I can shake a stick at too and rather or not you get done before you go have a GREAT time in the UK there Demski.

Damski, if you would like, and are at a point in her development, I will take her and do her locators, walk/sailorpoints and rigging?

I talked to Damski a couple days ago about handing it off to Craiggo to finish because we want to get into the GOF release, but he says he wants to keep working on it himself and that it is nearly done. He wants to make sure no beeping occurs so he is working with Pgargon to ensure it's right and does not have any lighting problems.

MK

Thanks for the update MK.

Anyhow what is this GOF release you mentioned there as I'm a little behind on my current events.

He seems to have disappeared.

Anyway to get Craiggo the Frederich zu Pferde files? He is willing to do it.

If Damski gets back to it, it won't hurt to have two versions of it anyway. How many versions of Surprise do we have now? - and they are all really nice. There is a lot of potential to do different things with this ship. With one version sporting the horse and rider and other skins sporting different stern decorative layouts, shields/decorations, etc., we could possibly model half the Dutch navy of the time.

MK

Hi,

I am back now....got back last night. I'll be carrying on with all projects as from tomorrow afternoon :doff

damski.

Damski,

Is there anyway you could just give us what you have? We are trying to tie up all the loose ends with GOF and want to get the ship_init, and h files, etc finalized for GOF 1.0. We'd really like to get this ship in the release.

Thanks

MK

Hi,

Yeah........I'll try get it to Pgargon sometime tomorrow....I'm.working today out of town in about 5 mins from now.

Cheers,
damski.

Back