• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentelmen of Fortune! v1.2 Full Release Patch 1.0 FAQ/Bugs/Installing

Question about new features: is Point of sail also upgradable in Bermuda finally?

-----------
UPDATE: Just checked the scripts. Looks like the answer is 'no" :(

Are you planning to add this? 'Cause with point of sail about 1-2 even increased speed is almost useless -- works mainly in full wind direction, but during manoeuvres that is quite rare, so ship is still very slow even after speed upgrade.

BTW, you've fixed a bug in Pirates_Shipyard.c regarding upgrade of 36-pounders.
But there is a problem still: sometimes ships are generated with maxCalibre less than maxCalibre in Ships_init.c for that ship.

So, if I got, e.g. Le Superbe with MaxCalibre only 36lb., I'll never get a chance to upgrade it even to 42-pounders.
But I can meet with enemy Le Superbe with 42lb. or even 48lb. cannons -- that isn't fair and quite illogical.

I just don't get why there is an option for blue, red and black sails but not for the white? I guess it won't be hard to implement it and if you coders could tell me where to find it
Pirates_Shipyard.c
"case"-statement under "Dye Sails" comment.

You have to add new text strings to DLG_TEXT_SHY also if you want to ADD new color not to change the existing one.

I was wondering if it`s posibble to add boarding bonuses for certain ships. Precisely for older ships with massive fore and aftcastles. That way boarding from carrack or galeon would be easier, and musket volley more efficient against enemy with lower deck.

Ahoy mates,

this mod is awesome, but there is a little mess with the ship class. I can't see a frigate with 400 crew of class 4 and so on.
I've try to fix that.

Attachments

• Ships_init.c
    374.5 KB · Views: 179
Ahoy mates,

this mod is awesome, but there is a little mess with the ship class. I can't see a frigate with 400 crew of class 4 and so on.
I've try to fix that.

I hope this file doesn't break anything in game..

Anyone tested it if it works fine?

Ok found a new problem/bug

Similar to the bug with the officers loosing constantly their morality, which has been fixed already, there's a problem with the crew-upkeep.
For i example:
I purchased a crew of 600 men which costs me around 20.000 coins per month
After a while with the same crew (in this example 2 months) i had with the same ship and the same crew (+/- 30soldiers) an upkeep of 69.000!!!!
and every day i play it is getting more and more :S
Really annoying an di never realized it, but normally it should be lowered when leadership and trade and navigation go up -_-*
Still i make profit but i fear that i will have sooner or later a upkeep of 1mill per month which may be out of imagination and I consider 69.000 too much for a 2nd rate frigate with 600 men on board :p

If there's a fix i would be happy to patch it before 1.2! Is anyone else experiencing/noticing this?

Hi Guys,

great mod...

However I've been finding various bugs, some were already reported others I couldn't find an answer to...

So,

1 - Humphrey Douglas is missing the musket, check figure

2 - Clouds in world map are quite square (so to speak)

3 - You can bash through a ship, kill most of the crew and when boarding they don't surrender

Any solutions???

regards

Attachments

• douglas.jpg
    douglas.jpg
    358.4 KB · Views: 196
Hi Guys,

great mod...

However I've been finding various bugs, some were already reported others I couldn't find an answer to...

So,

1 - Humphrey Douglas is missing the musket, check figure

2 - Clouds in world map are quite square (so to speak)

3 - You can bash through a ship, kill most of the crew and when boarding they don't surrender

Any solutions???

regards

@3. surrender is turned of but will be reincarnated in patch 1.2 :D (also because some quests doesn't work well with no surrender)

The Douglas issue is odd to say the least, his weapon is unique and I'm quite certain has remained largely untouched by our mod work. :shrug

mates! ive watched POTC dead man chest again! awesum as usual :D hooray for davy jones and his majestic kraken and the flying dutchman

The Douglas issue is odd to say the least, his weapon is unique and I'm quite certain has remained largely untouched by our mod work. :shrug

Well I've tried again and same result.

However I found that you can equip it and use it... at least with Aubrey...

Also, afterwards I tried to fiddle with the RPGutility and give the character the weapon from the start: the musket didn't showed up...

Muskets have some tricky code attached to them, they aren't as straight forward as the pistols, probably because the Dev's didn't intend on making them useable by players, only NPC's.

Muskets have some tricky code attached to them, they aren't as straight forward as the pistols, probably because the Dev's didn't intend on making them useable by players, only NPC's.

Ok... so it is possible to start the game with muskets as items and possibly equipped (I was naming the items incorrectly)...
But even so when you give a new musket to Douglas, he doesn't equip it and remains empty handed.
Also I noted that he doesn't start with 300 bullets as previous. In his inventory he only has a fist

Ok found a new problem/bug

Similar to the bug with the officers loosing constantly their morality, which has been fixed already, there's a problem with the crew-upkeep.
For i example:
I purchased a crew of 600 men which costs me around 20.000 coins per month
After a while with the same crew (in this example 2 months) i had with the same ship and the same crew (+/- 30soldiers) an upkeep of 69.000!!!!
and every day i play it is getting more and more :S
Really annoying an di never realized it, but normally it should be lowered when leadership and trade and navigation go up -_-*
Still i make profit but i fear that i will have sooner or later a upkeep of 1mill per month which may be out of imagination and I consider 69.000 too much for a 2nd rate frigate with 600 men on board :p

If there's a fix i would be happy to patch it before 1.2! Is anyone else experiencing/noticing this?
This is not a bug! You have to pay your crew every month. If you skip a payment, the next time you have to pay two month and so on.

Ok... so it is possible to start the game with muskets as items and possibly equipped (I was naming the items incorrectly)...
But even so when you give a new musket to Douglas, he doesn't equip it and remains empty handed.
Also I noted that he doesn't start with 300 bullets as previous. In his inventory he only has a fist

Out of curiosity, when you use Douglas, are you getting via the quest or other means?

Out of curiosity, when you use Douglas, are you getting via the quest or other means?

Tried first via quest
then tried other means
same effect, the musket would disappear from my inventory and wouldn't go to Douglas inventory

There is also something interesting if you equipped previously the musket and then check the inventory during sharing with another companion. The musket would be still present there even if you do not have it anymore in your inventory.

Something similar was also reported in the bug tracker

@3. surrender is turned of but will be reincarnated in patch 1.2 :D (also because some quests doesn't work well with no surrender)

Ahoy... any ideas on the release date????

will be most likely this summer, but they need their time to gather all the patches and features together...

As Konfuzius used to say: Crowded elevator always smell different to midget.

No sry no time is set for patch, except that it will be soon™

Tried first via quest
then tried other means
same effect, the musket would disappear from my inventory and wouldn't go to Douglas inventory

There is also something interesting if you equipped previously the musket and then check the inventory during sharing with another companion. The musket would be still present there even if you do not have it anymore in your inventory.

Something similar was also reported in the bug tracker
I was wandering if it has to do with the changes in the CharacterUtility.c.

I installed vanilla and checked both files, while searching for any references to "mushket 2x2". I was wandering if by any chance with the changes in the mod file the musket was not given to the officer to equip it, which I think it is attributed to the officer in the vanilla (Sorry if this is a mistake just had a quick glance at it).

In the vanilla version after some references to the mushket 2x2 it is written:

if (chref.model.animation == "mushketer")
{
if (groupName == BLADE_ITEM_TYPE && itemID != "unarmed") return;
if (chref.id == "OffMushketer")
{
if (groupName == GUN_ITEM_TYPE && itemID != "mushket2x2") return;
}
else
{
if (groupName == GUN_ITEM_TYPE && itemID != "mushket") return;
}
}
else
{
if (groupName == GUN_ITEM_TYPE && itemID == "mushket") return;
if (groupName == GUN_ITEM_TYPE && itemID == "mushket2x2") return;
}

chref.equip.(groupName) = itemID;

while in the mod version I couldn't really pick up this...

Any thoughts???

Tested vanilla worked fine, and since I've never played the vanilla version only from CMV 3 and onwards I was quite surprised by the looks of Douglas even (british soldier uniform who would know)

Looked at the Loc.ai/type/ officers.c

and they are similar files in GOF and vanilla apart from naming the character...

Wonder if this might be?

Back