• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentelmen of Fortune! v1.2 Full Release Patch 1.0 FAQ/Bugs/Installing

That said, the 'must start new game after installing any mod' part of the game is really annoying. Is there any way we can get around this? I'm seeing it done a little bit in GoF, with the 'mod options' section in the game option menu, but it would be cool if we could improve on that.

Some mods doesn't call for a new game, but for some others restarting is unavoidable. It is all about what the mod is changing.

Big mods usually make changes in key structures, so the need for restarting. Tweaks and mini-mods, on the other hand, usually not and the restart is not needed. But when a restart is needed, it is needed and it can't be helped.

Cheers.
buho (A).

Is there any way I can just copy my saved game file to my desktop, re-install a fresh copy of AoP2 with GoF, and then just replace the other saved game file with the one I copied? I'm only asking because I just don't want to go through the hassle of starting all over again. I was kind of late realizing that the Combined Mod was now Gentlemen of Fortune, because I just recently bought AoP2 (because I really like the naval battles and the realism of the sailing, however I don't enjoy the stereotypical pirate garb and such that AoP has in it) and someone told me to get the Combined Mod, not knowing it wasn't going to be updated anymore.

I'm afraid that won't work. The way AoP2 saves games, it will be as if you never installed GoF. If it works at all. The method yo described sounds rather likely to corrupt your save file.

That said, the 'must start new game after installing any mod' part of the game is really annoying. Is there any way we can get around this? I'm seeing it done a little bit in GoF, with the 'mod options' section in the game option menu, but it would be cool if we could improve on that.

Ugh, that blows. I guess I'll just have to cheat my way back to where I was...

Either way I still can't get GoF v1.0 to download. It always stops downloading halfway through. Is there a torrent or something else that would work better?

Either way I still can't get GoF v1.0 to download. It always stops downloading halfway through. Is there a torrent or something else that would work better?
You can try and use an downloadmanager that allows reconnection so your saved uncompleted download can be picked up later though I don't know if the hoster allows this? Worth a try I think.You can try JDownloader or any software that has this reconnection or pick up discontinued downloads feature... not really sure how that is called precisely in English though.

I noticed something strange. Every time I give on of my ships in my fleet the command "board", they almost never respond. The one time they listen, my companions ship sinks. Even if there is almost no crew left (acc. to white statusbar) on the enemy ship (class 5). My companions ship (class 3) has over 400 crew members (with crew experience: Seadogs, Seadogs, Average).
Also enough weapons and medicine.
Is this a bug...?

//First time now boarding with a companions ship is succesful.

The AI isn't the fastest when it comes to respond in battle or obeying orders... I also have seen this pretty often. Funny was one time I moved my ship between a weaker ship and an AI vessel that was chaseing the smaller ship... I thought by moving my vessel in between I can block the AI from boarding... no didn't work they boared my buddy AI ship over or under or through me... don't know... hehe. Silly.

• I've recognised the Dutch Man Of War does not have a flag anywhere on the ship.
  • If the Endeavour class loses a mast (main mast in this case) all flags dissapear from her too even though the Spanker Mast (Besan Mast... dunno the exact English translation) is standing but the flag simply goes down with the mast.... :shrug

I think I found a bug in the game. The cannonball damage is almost inexistent.
For this game with Peter blood, that rank 2 ship that I got at the end of the plantation quest and cannonballs equiped. In dinamic mode. All mods from the options are set to default except the reloading mod (and retroactive skills and shared sword experience).

I found a pirate heavy schooner (very small ship) and after shooting at it for 5 minutes at x6 speed it still had more than 90% of his health so I started running, he chased me as he was faster than me and kept shooting at me for like 10-20 minutes still at x6 speed until it ran out of cannonballs and I still had almost 100% of my ship's hull.

He's still chassing me as I'm writing this, I'm heading to a French fort hoping it can sink the small pirate ship in less than an week. T_Tç

Ok, found 2 new facts:
1- The fort is not shooting to the pirate ship.
2- I also take very low damage for charging against the island.

If you started the game with Blood and kept the ship you get at end of the quest (without using cheats) your skills should all be in the red which means that ship is out of your class and you can not effectively command it.

You can either sell it for a ship of a class you can effectively command such as a 6th or 5th rate or lay up the ship and buy another ship of a class you can command.

It's not a bug ;)

Hi

First I want to thanks Luke159 for his answer, the mod is now installed ... it's very nice.

The problem I found is this one.
I must made a second start cause at my first start the store don't want to buy the supplies I have (leather and cacao if I remember). In my second start the store is ok to buy this supplies so i can go back to my ship. now i'm ready to be the master of the sea. :will

I have another question. where can I find the languages files to make a translate in my own language (and perhaps give the translate to the modding team if i translate alls of them).

See you later ... on the water

Some good news, I found a historical person I missed when creating the character roster. I can't give an eta on when I'll put him into the game, probably not patch 1.2.

He is French :dance

I'll probably over write one of the current Spanish or English characters instead of adding a new player, they already have the largest roster as it is. Plus as I've stated in a previous post, the English are already getting an updated character and possibly a new character and the Spanish will get a new character as well.

The mystery Frenchmen will remain nameless unless someone figures it out. I'll only say he arrived in the Caribbean as an indentured servant. I just hope he isn't already in the game and I just forgot about it :?

There was also a Dutchman that I found which I would have added but sadly he died in 1629, decades before CoAS takes place. Even if he didn't die he would have been well over 80 by the start of the game. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piet_Heyn

@Slimus

I don't remember the exact directory, but its in the resources folder, look for a folder called texts. Somewhere there you'll find a txt file called quests I think, this holds all the log updates. If you translate that, the quest log will show up on the language you want. I don't remember where the text files for the dialogs are, maybe someone else can chime in with the location.

And as for the items you start with at the start of the game, well that's kind of like your first choice in the game. Sell them illegally for a good profit and run the risk of capture, dump it and lose what gold you could have gotten or find a place that buys it legally.

Hi puppy,

I found in that location RESOURCE/INI/texts a folder named russian and the language.ini file

I open language.ini file it seems to say my default language is russian and in the russian folders all texts are in english ... so I supose if I modify this file and set default language in french, create a french folder, copy/paste russian files in the french folder it would work. The translate would be long but if I can start the game in windowed mod (I try but it never works) I can see directly the result of my translate ...

EDIT: It's a good start but it's not the only modification I must do. When I change the language.ini and set default language as french I have some problems like : no start menu text, I can load my save but I have no general menu and the game crash quickly ... I must change another file I suppose but I'm not modder so I don't have the logic for search where I must make my change, any ideas ?

PS: And a new french hero is a nice news :)

Yeah I remember now, there are two folders English and Russian. Ignore the English folder as the game uses only whats in the Russian folder.

http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17809-rel-gof-11-italian-translation/

Maybe you can download that and see what they did. It's an Italian translation but it probably has some, most or all the files and locations which you'll need for a translation to whatever language you want to make.

If you complete the task, you should upload it to the FTP and make a new thread for it and share it with others who might want it :will

What about some pirate that is not taken from the potc movie? :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Kidd

Yeah I remember now, there are two folders English and Russian. Ignore the English folder as the game uses only whats in the Russian folder.

http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17809-rel-gof-11-italian-translation/

Maybe you can download that and see what they did. It's an Italian translation but it probably has some, most or all the files and locations which you'll need for a translation to whatever language you want to make.

If you complete the task, you should upload it to the FTP and make a new thread for it and share it with others who might want it :will

Thanks, but unfortunately the link for the download is broken, the file don't exist ... I let a reply in the thread so hope to have an answer quickly ... Sure that if I made a complete translation I give it for the community :)

The AI isn't the fastest when it comes to respond in battle or obeying orders... I also have seen this pretty often.

I gonna have her court-martialed sooner than later.

The AI and that blind hand I have in the lookout, who is unable to tell me even the class of the ships we have infront.

:walkplank

Cheers.
buho (A).

Some points from my perspective:

* On admiral difficulty they don't run out of ammo - they run out of cannons...
The smaller calibres suffer way too many catastrophic failures due to the insane firerate.

* No cannon but the largest calibre seems to have any benefit over culverines. Makes cannons completely pointless.

* Compared to an officer who might come in well over 10000 pieces of eight - shoudln't diamonds and stuff be worth a bit more?
Would also give some more reality to looting, where you just leave that stuff behind now.

* Some wares don't seem to regenerate while you are out of town. They do while you're there thou.

* Ships executing the command "sail away" tend to sail away from you, instead of away from the enemy. They should look for the "best wind out of harm's way" instead of sailing with the pack.

* Repairing ships on sea requires absolutely ridiculous amounts of planks/sails. And unless i got wooden sails, there's something fishy going on with those planks!

* "The musket salvo killed 82" ...that means, the captain managed to reload that frickin musked 81 times before they finally got him! (everyone else was grapeshotted)
I really think the salvo should scale with the men left standing!

Please excuse my english, i am from brazil ...
every time that i am in the city or sailing and has a storm,
the game hangs and happens the engine error ...

i have the pacth GOF and the updates, and my system

windows 7
Geforce 9600 gt

This patch is great but with this bug is difficult to play

Please excuse my english, i am from brazil ...
every time that i am in the city or sailing and has a storm,
the game hangs and happens the engine error ...

i have the pacth GOF and the updates, and my system

windows 7
Geforce 9600 gt

This patch is great but with this bug is difficult to play

Impossible to play, I'll say.

Check the Technical Help forum, if memory serves there were some guys talking about storm crashes some (long) time ago.

Cheers.
buho (A).

Everything works great! thanks a lot for releasing this awesomeness :keith

However I just have 1 question, because I cant seem to enable the F11 function anymore

did these steps :

1. open AoP 2 folder
2. open engine.ini and set debugwindow = 0 to debugwindow = 1
3. close and save the file then go into program folder
4. open up _mod_on_off.h
5. set betatestmode function to on (on means there Dev version of the game)
6. close and save the file
7. start a new Game

Does this mean we cant fool around anymore :shrug

Did you edit any of the commands from F1-F30? If you changed or added something to one of them, like F26 for example, make sure in that command you have F26 listed as the key for that command. You should see three F26's in that line.
Example of mine that I edited....

string descF26 = "Full Crew Experience and Morale";
void CalculateInfoDataF26()
{
totalInfo = descF26;
ref mc = getmaincharacter();
// -->
mc.ship.Crew.Morale = 100;
ChangeCrewExp(mc, "Sailors", 100);
ChangeCrewExp(mc, "Cannoners", 100);
ChangeCrewExp(mc, "Soldiers", 100);
// <--
totalInfo = totalInfo + NewStr() + NewStr() +
"Experience and Morale Maxed!";
SetFormatedText("INFO_TEXT",totalInfo);
}

See how F26 is listed 3 times? Make sure all three in ones you have edited match whatever F key you you assigned it to, if you edited any the F commands.
Amazing! But, er.. can u please tell me what file i should i put these codes in? I'm kinda new in this forum.

Everything works great! thanks a lot for releasing this awesomeness :keith

However I just have 1 question, because I cant seem to enable the F11 function anymore

did these steps :

1. open AoP 2 folder
2. open engine.ini and set debugwindow = 0 to debugwindow = 1
3. close and save the file then go into program folder
4. open up _mod_on_off.h
5. set betatestmode function to on (on means there Dev version of the game)
6. close and save the file
7. start a new Game

Does this mean we cant fool around anymore :shrug

Did you edit any of the commands from F1-F30? If you changed or added something to one of them, like F26 for example, make sure in that command you have F26 listed as the key for that command. You should see three F26's in that line.
Example of mine that I edited....

string descF26 = "Full Crew Experience and Morale";
void CalculateInfoDataF26()
{
totalInfo = descF26;
ref mc = getmaincharacter();
// -->
mc.ship.Crew.Morale = 100;
ChangeCrewExp(mc, "Sailors", 100);
ChangeCrewExp(mc, "Cannoners", 100);
ChangeCrewExp(mc, "Soldiers", 100);
// <--
totalInfo = totalInfo + NewStr() + NewStr() +
"Experience and Morale Maxed!";
SetFormatedText("INFO_TEXT",totalInfo);
}

See how F26 is listed 3 times? Make sure all three in ones you have edited match whatever F key you you assigned it to, if you edited any the F commands.
Amazing! But, er.. can u please tell me what file i should put these codes in? I'm kinda new in this forum.
PS: sorry 'bout the post above! Wrong button

Back