• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentelmen of Fortune! v1.2 Full Release Patch 1.0 FAQ/Bugs/Installing

Reint the game doesn't reset the herodescribe I think.
so no matter what i do it wont take effect until i start a new game which makes sence why the initial attempt looked crap. i overwrote the barbossa files rather than reference the code to new files. is tha right?

A possible bug: The 'RN_BATTLEFRIGATE' labeled in game as 'Heavy Battle Frigate'. When viewing it in the cannon store its interface info is not displayed. Much like if the entry for a ship in the pictures.ini is incorrect.

EDIT: i dont know what happened, but after a good nights sleep it seems to work! im sorry for wasting your time.

HMS Victory, GOF v1.2 full patch 1. The Rigging seems a little screwed. Im not sure it its intended.

Untitled.jpg

That looks like the 2010 version. Here is a link to the 2012 version for GOF2. It is only the English version. I forgot about the other nations. :oops:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gpalg0tpyyfcivy/jLgERclgrb/COAS stuff/COAS repaired ships/HMS_Victory.7z
Hello, am reviving this 'need help' line of questions because i am having the same problem with the san felipe (1st rate man o war) . Ive looked at your repaired ship dropbox link in this forum but didnt find a reference to it so either you havent made one or youve renamed it. I hope you renamed it to be honest. Do you know if there is a fix for the san felipe rigging glitch?

No, I never touched the San Felipe. She came out at about the time I was just starting to do rigging. It looks like she has the high camera bug too. If I can't see it it is hard to work on.

The San Felipe is a historical ship and is pretty accurate except for things like those lines. That is a trademark of certain modelers.

No, I never touched the San Felipe. She came out at about the time I was just starting to do rigging. It looks like she has the high camera bug too. If I can't see it it is hard to work on.

The San Felipe is a historical ship and is pretty accurate except for things like those lines. That is a trademark of certain modelers.
Its a shame, it should be a great looking ship but looks like chiselled horse sh#t with the ripping.

Anyway, i hope you dont mind me asking. both the ripping and the high camera angle (eg soliel royal) is it difficult to fix or is it something a n00b can do?

Ripping? Do you mean rigging? Adjusting the rigging takes GMViewer, TOOL, and patience.

The high camera bug on this ship is caused by the flagpole. It needs to be separated from the hull, and that can only be done with Maya.

I intend to look into the rigging, but need to do some serious cleanup first. Also, I only have GOF2 and this ship is not in it.

Ripping? Do you mean rigging? Adjusting the rigging takes GMViewer, TOOL, and patience.

The high camera bug on this ship is caused by the flagpole. It needs to be separated from the hull, and that can only be done with Maya.

I intend to look into the rigging, but need to do some serious cleanup first. Also, I only have GOF2 and this ship is not in it.
yeah, i meant rigging. Dont worry, i was mearly curious about the process. it sounds like you though i was impying you should do it for me. I did not mean that. Thank you for your reply though. It is appreciated.

No problem. If you want to do this the Victory is pretty similar, so you could use it as a guide. The hardest part will be the mainsails. They never want to behave. In the modeling sub forum Post Captain made a good guide of how the rigging is supposed to work.
I am self taught on how to do the rigging and learned by trial and error. Go for it.

he wants you to do what he can not do although he should be able to.

find the patches link.
somewhere like "front page"

Think I found a bug but am unsure. I can't board ships anymore. I can still be boarded myself but I get no option to grapple. The first time I noticed this was when I demanded surrender of a ship then couldn't board it.

i have a problem with the black pearl crew in gof 1.2 as they are flying over deck and not walking on it. is there a fix for that?

Sergeant Epson: That bug has been noted and is being worked on.

ahmed: That has been noticed and there is a thread about it around here somewhere.

Pirate Blackbeard: DamifIno! GOF2 is about fixing the problems in GOF1.

can someone give me the installation intructions for the GOF V1.2 again. i followed the instructions once before but it didn't work it hasn't showed the mini movie and it stays the original game can some please help thanks

Hi there,

I must say, this mod is an impressive piece of work. However, I'm having some very frustrating problems with it, mainly concerning a spectacular drop in frame-rate under 2 very specific circumstances. By this I mean that frame-rate plummets, making the game virtually unplayable if:

a) I enter a battle in the night time. Actually, a battle is not even required, just exiting the world map mode / entering sea mode during the night causes a drop of fps into the single-digits, by which I mean, I can count the fps out with my naked eye... This drags onto land - if you moor your ship in a city, you still experience the low frame-rate, until you enter a building. Back on the street - back to low fps. This carries on until you "rest until morning". Oddly enough, if you happen to fight an extremely long battle that starts during daylight and drags on until 3 am, there's no such problem. I thought this to be some weird bug in the game and although it was pretty frustrating to conduct my business only during day-time, I was willing to put up with it, avoiding opponents on the world map until dawn, because I find this mod so cool. But then there's the other thing that makes frame-rate plummet...

b) Battles involving ships with more than 40 guns / over 24 lbs. More specifically, a broadside from a ship with more than 40 guns sends frame-rate down to rock bottom. As long as no one is firing, just moving along, everything is fine - as soon as anything with more than 40 guns starts firing, fun's over. Not sure exactly about those numbers, but battles involving corvettes of various kinds (usually 32 guns, usually 16 lbs or lighter) seem to work just fine. I played around with a pimped-up Black Angel for a while, which had 20 lbs guns, 32 of them. No problem. Then I got my hands on a 30 gun frigate, which oddly enough had 42 guns, 24 lbs and the game was basically over because you can't play with that frame-rate. The more guns and higher the calibre and the more such heavy ships are involved, the worse it gets. Oddly enough, I fought battles involving up to 7-8 or so ships problem free - as long as they have few guns, of low calibres. But even a 1 on 1 between only two frigates triggers the problem.

Is this normal? In vanilla I had huge battles, involving multiple first-rates blasting hundreds of 42 lbs at each other without any problem like this - sometimes also involving another hundred or so guns from a nearby fort. As far as I am aware, I meet the required system specs, running this on an Amilo Li 3910, with a 2.2 GHz dual-core CPU, 4 GB of RAM and an Intel GMA 4500 M Graphics controller, running a 32 bit Windows 7 OS. Are the system requirements for GoF so much steeper than vanilla, that my laptop can't take the broadside of a lousy frigate without having a seizure?

I couldn't find anything related here on the forums or the rest of the web. If anyone could help me understand what exactly is going on here, I would be very much obliged. Sorry for the wall of text, but I'm a wit's end. :( I just want to know if there's anything I can do, short of buying a new machine.

Back