• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Gentlemen Of Fortune 2.0

Hi there. I have some issues with downloading this mod. Download progress starts well, but after few minutes it stops. I will pause it, than resume and then download goes again. But, after few minutes it stops again. I know this is not my PC fault, because I tried on two different Pc's. I think it's a problem with internet somewhere betwen me and download server. So, could you people be good, and upload this mod somewhere else?

---------EDIT--------
After few hours of playing resume/pause game with download, it stops permenantly.
Downloaded only 253Mb of 2.3Gb... (download speed is very low, around ~50kbs).
Any advice???

Last edited:
I just started downloading it and it is running from 500-800 kbs. I presume the download site is in Europe and I am on the North American Left Coast. Maybe it will run better when the Europeans are sleeping.

EDIT: 20 minutes later it is at 701mb and 508 kbs. It seems to be working ok. I have to go offline now.

Many others have had that problem with colored sails.

Last edited:
My ask is, could someone uploud this mod somewhere else? Like mediafire or something... I can't download from your server.
P.S. as you say, that server may be in Europe. I don't think so, because I'm living in Europe, and usualy from European servers downloads goes well.

-----EDIT------
After two days of these problems I managed to download mod, as I assume, I should thank Santa for this :D Merry Christmas everyone!

Last edited:
Why Can't I change sail colors? I've already got 2.0.9 GOF. But when I click on the menu in bermuda to change sails nothing shows up and i cant go out of the menu for upgrading the ship. I can click on all the upgrades but whenever i try to change sails first after that i cannot click on them all and get stuck on upgrading menu ?????

Guys, while i was playing GOF from link two posts above this one, suddenly enemy ships started to shoot without reload. And now it everytime like this. Every enemy encounter shoots to me rain of bullets without reloading reuse, and its ofc not playable anymore. What to do now ??? (olders save games are spoiled too with this bug)

the version 2.0.9 the one before the GOF 2.0 full release, had the surrender option and talking to enemy ship to give money to leave me alone and when an enemy surrender I can still boar his ship to take the money in the captain's chest. so why the new GOF version doesn't have these options? I think this version isn't an upgrade its a downgrade because all of the new options in GOF 2.0.9 gave the game more realistic options and added more fun to the game even if all these options were bugged but its better to fix them instead of removing them. but now the game returned to the old GOF which made me disappointed because I was waiting for the new release of GOF :(.

Sorry, for writing again about thesame problem but I think its very important. Its about this "no reload" matter. I started game again, everything was ok, but it happened again. Enemy ships doesnt need to reload, just shoot like avenger minigun. I can't believe that I am only one that has this problem, (after reinstalling game, mod, and starting new character

its not an bug its just the enemy ship have good cannnoner thats all, if you want to reload you cannon as fast as them just check your ship if your ship rank more than you can handle (see if you character statues have numbers beside it colored red with a negative beside it) and make sure to have a cannoneer as an officer with the quick reloading ability and your crew skill should be high at cannons they should be at least at the rank of greenhorns if you want to have a better chance for fast reloading cannons.

I am not new to this game, and i know about ship class, and whats happening to me is certainly a bug.
1:) their captains have like 20 canon skill (excellent spyglass)
2:) they dont use fast reload, they just dont reload, and it last untill i am sink
3:) I am starting to think it is connected to "dynamic battles" i choosen at start

the version 2.0.9 the one before the GOF 2.0 full release, had the surrender option and talking to enemy ship to give money to leave me alone and when an enemy surrender I can still boar his ship to take the money in the captain's chest. so why the new GOF version doesn't have these options? I think this version isn't an upgrade its a downgrade because all of the new options in GOF 2.0.9 gave the game more realistic options and added more fun to the game even if all these options were bugged but its better to fix them instead of removing them. but now the game returned to the old GOF which made me disappointed because I was waiting for the new release of GOF :(.

Methinks this is about the no boarding bug. If you talk to another Captain, then you can no longer board a ship. Which would you prefer?

I am not new to this game, and i know about ship class, and whats happening to me is certainly a bug.
1:) their captains have like 20 canon skill (excellent spyglass)
2:) they dont use fast reload, they just dont reload, and it last untill i am sink
3:) I am starting to think it is connected to "dynamic battles" i choosen at start

I did notice this bug because I tired to kill all the men inside the enemy ship before boarding it but they where able to reload faster than me. that must be a bug as you said
:) I hope the next version will fix this bug and fix the crew damage because if I use realistic canon damage the ship and sail will get destroyed longer than normal but the crew for both sides still dies like crazy! and I hate to loose my old crew and then find new crew and re-train them to become experienced crew all over again even if the mode tries to make the game as realistic as possible there is no way in history said that there is a captain that get his crew killed in every fight. that happens to me on cannon damage realistic and way worse in coas default or inbetween options even if my doctor defense skill is 74 and he knows medic and life saver skills and if I use a rank 4 ship against a rank 6 ship I loose at least 20 of my crew men and thats alot.

Last edited:
True. If someone wants something fixed, they need to roll up their sleeves and get to work.

Never come across the reload bug myself, but I haven't played long enough to reach the higher ranks. At what rank(s) is this bug showing up?

Back