• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

HMS Bellona

Here, slightly change ;)

skin-1.jpg

I might not have said it before but that model looks absolutely stunning, love the little details everywhere.

One question I'd like to bring up from San Martin's modeling is hull thickness - was there any historical reference in the blueprint for the ship for this value?

Reason for query is that we pretty much had to guess how thickly San Martin's hull was built in order to make her appear as tough as she was in reality - only point blank English cannon fire worked to damage the hispanic galleons' hulls in the 16th Century.

For frigates, it appears that 19th Century British ships were apparently built to 18 inches while American heavy frigates' 21-24 inch hull thickness made them almost immune to English cannon fire; I was hoping for you to enlighten me on the hull statistics for larger ships like these (Bellona).

Update 19.04.2010
The new version has less polygons. The guns I have redesigned and have less polygons. And some minor improvements. There are now colored different ship textures.
There is now also a video to the ship. :rolleyes:

BRILLIANT! That's some huge friggin' pennants though! :shock
:modding Please don't remind me. :modding
That's CoAS sized flags for you, I guess.
What do we prefer for PotC: long and thin pennants? That can be arranged.
I'll tackle that when I do, but for now I just need to get these ships ported. That is priority #1.

I definitly prefer long and thin pennants. :yes
But you're right, the porting is more important. Resizing flags can always be done later on. :doff

Well, I can safely say there are no more "huge friggin' pennants" now!
See updated image above. ;)

Add them to what? To your game and subsequently to your ships pack!

Add them to what? To your game and subsequently to your ships pack!
I somehow guessed you meant that, but I wasn't sure.
I believe I've answered that in the 'New Ship Models' thread... ;)

Okay the Bellona is the next ship for rework and Bugfix . ;)

Bellona with new texture.

Colour looks brighter; pretty good. :onya
Where'd her figurehead go on your picture though? :shock

Looking better than ever. I can't wait! :keith

Back