• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

HMS Bellona

The reverse lighting bug has been fixed? I need to install that version. I sailed that ship for a bit last night and is a very nice big ship. I much prefer it to the Le Superbe. Having the crew walking around on the rear deck is fantastic! :bow

PS: I wish that download came with instructions.

PS: I wish that download came with instructions.
Uh, hold your horses. That ship needs re-converting to PotC format (the locators need to be merged with the current PotC Bellona).
Perhaps when I get time I can do that, unless someone else who knows how to do it would give it a go.
dunno.gif

Agreed. Sorry for the wait, but a couple of important deadlines for my college work are coming up.
mybad.gif

But I will endeavour to get this done within the next week or so, don't worry.
icon_wink.gif

In doing this PotC conversion work for this ship, it appears that I managed to make the mast3 flag a ridiculous size.
If I can find some more time, I'll look into this further. :modding

What exactly did you do to it in the first place?
unsure.gif

There's every possibility that you put one too many digits in a locator, or miscalculated, or something like that.
I've done that countless times, with bizarre results.
laugh.gif

And by the way, you don't have to do all this work yourself, you know! I was under the impression you had numerous other projects.
rolleyes.gif

I will get round to it once college finishes for Christmas, so don't feel I've forgotten about it.
icon_wink.gif

(I believe the holiday starts in just over two weeks.)

On the other hand, if you insist on starting now, I can lend a hand here and there if you encounter problems.

Well, I wanted to try to save you the trouble. I was stuck with no internet yesterday and had Pgargon's updated ZIP files on my desktop.
What I can do is to send you my files, which are corrected for texture use, just not for locators.
Might save you at least part of the trouble.

I had hoped that maybe I could get those things done so that we can create a Patch 5 before I leave early December.
However, maybe we'll just have to forfeit that as well and make a proper Beta 2 next leave.

I was stuck with no internet yesterday and had Pgargon's updated ZIP files on my desktop.
Ah, the temptation to look at pgargon's works was too great... I know the feeling.
keith.gif

Well what you do now is helpful, so thanks for that. It's much less hassle to do the locators without the texture changes.
yes.gif

Did you bear in mind that "woodGrainU2" and "3" are switched in PotC? That caused a lot of errors in my original porting, before I knew about it.

I had hoped that maybe I could get those things done so that we can create a Patch 5 before I leave early December.
How early is 'early December'? Considering that it looks like my college term finishes on the 17th...
If that's too late, I can always arrange another ship pack while you're gone.
dunno.gif

Hey, perhaps it could be a "Christmas Ship Pack"!
xmas.gif

Early December is the 6th of December, so that's VERY early.

I did need to swap out the deck.tga and desk.tga references,
but didn't notice any other texture problems related to woodGrainU2. :?
What should I be looking for on that account?

OK, so you really did mean 'early'.
modding.gif

Never mind, perhaps another temporary ship pack will be a good idea until Patch 5, don't you reckon?

but didn't notice any other texture problems related to woodGrainU2. :?
What should I be looking for on that account?
woodGrainU2 from CoAS = woodGrainU3 from PotC
and woodGrainU3 from CoAS = woodGrainU2 from PotC, for some bizarre reason.
mybad.gif

It became quite obvious that there was a problem, especially with La Couronne and Apostol Felipe once I looked closely at pgargon's screenshots against mine.
After some experimenting, I found this was the issue.
Luckily, I don't think these textures are hugely noticeable with the RN ships in particular,
but there are some spots which don't look right if the textures aren't swapped.
no.gif

I see what you mean; they're both wood, but different colours and indeed they are swapped in CoAS. :yes

Pieter, could you please send me all the models you've changed, preferably with a list of what you have and haven't done?
I've actually got some proper free time, and I'd like to make a start on this porting business.
danse1.gif

These are the files I messed around with: http://www.pyratesahoy.com/build/temp/ships_for_experienced_captain.exe
Done:
- Desk.tga and deck.tga textures fixed
- Bellona1 woodGrainU2 / U3 fixed, but not yet on the others
- Pennants locators added to most masts
Not done/needs fixing:
- Sphie1: Restore mast2 and mast3 flag locators from Pgargon's original files; I accidentally lost those
- Sophie1: Aft sail too low and passes through deck; not sure why
- Bellona1: Resore mast3 flag locators from Pgargon's original files; current ensign is too big
- Greyhound: Restore mast1 and mast2 from Pgargon's files, then redo the locator-work (currently Picasso issues)

I hope this helps. If you've got any questions on what I did or need a hand, be sure to let me know.
Thanks for all your hard work! :woot

If you continue the work on Pgargon's other recently fixed ships, I recommend you use only desk.tga and deck.tga;
I noticed the versions that are in Patch 4 use different deck textures which I don't think they need to.
For one thing, those textures were in the folder twice under different names;
for another, using the default textures gives them a more uniform look with the stock game ships.
Desk.tga in the game was edited by Thomas the Terror to look more like deck.tga so the ships in the game match up better.

Thanks for that, I'll see what I can do. ;)

With this whole issue about deck/desk texture variants, I think some of them have greater significance than others.
(e.g. dek3 makes any AoP-style 'rey' models black, for RN colour schemes. This is important for the newest Surprise model.)
But I will have a look through for any doubles and/or unnecessary ones. Are there specific doubles you've noticed?
As for using only deck/desk, I'm not sure if they'll compliment some of these ships too well, but we'll see.
yes.gif

I don't see any difference between dek1.tga, des1.tga and des3.tga .

Could you check that, by looking at the preview in TX converter? That will make any differences clear.
icon_wink.gif

Back