• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

HMS Surprise

I've found this model, if someone can and want i can upload it and he convert it to can use in the game: she's the french 2 rate Superbe, with the gun decks open:

6pspl4.jpg

nut1z.jpg

Nice boat I have imported several days ago in 3ds Max and shrink so that they fit into the game. but there is much to be done on this model so that it can be imported into Coas.;)

How to include plug-ins in Maya.
Window->Settings/Preferences->Plug-in Manager. Set the SD2AniExport.mll and SD2GeoExport.mll. :rolleyes:

http://forum.piratesahoy.net//akellas-mod-tools-released-t11546.html

You need Maya 5.0. We have it on our FTP if you need it.

Inez Dias' TOOL also converts VRML to GM, BUT that introduces "reverse lighting bug"
and doesn't generate proper collision detection and ship deck walk data.

Ok. I.ve tried to download maya 5 but after installed and inserted the serial code i go in the web site where it want but the site doesn't can be found... It's possible to use it anyway?

I noticed the long distance between fore and mainmasts; part of me is yelling "steam power conversion" with the proper big stacks :)

Snow, if you make the steam surprise can you also make the modifications to the normal surprise model?

SuperChango did the model work on the steamer.
She's based on the Constitution though, not the Surprise.

Nice pictures Takeda ! any clues on where she is ?... god i'd love te get my foots on that deck...
Maybe those bowchasers could fit on the higher deck... no way to place them below...

The ship pictured is the Rose. She was purchase from the HMS Rose foundation to make the movie. The Rose is a 24 gun frigate. She is located at the San Diego Maritime Museum.

The Rose is a reconstruction of the HMS Rose that was originally built in 1756/1757. The original HMS Rose joined the american station in 1768. In 1774, Captained by James Wallace, she was sent to Narragansett Bay to put an end to all the smuggling being carried out by the people of Rhode Island. She was so successful that the people of Rhode Island sponsored the bill into the Continental Congress for the creation of the American Navy. The people of Rhode Island wanted a ship to represent their part in the birth of the American Navy. The HMS Rose turned out to be the focal point. A replica was built in Lunnenburg Nova Scotia in 1970 and given the people of Newport Rhode Island. Problem is most of the People of Rhode Island wanted an American ship. She languished and fell into dis-repair. She was rescued by Kaye Williams in 1984. In 1990 she was certified by the US Coast Guard as largest Sail Training Vessel in North America.

I saw her first in Chicago on her maiden sail training through the Great Lakes in 1992. I got the chance(worked up the nerve) to spend a week sailing aboard her in 1999, meeting her in Lunnenburg Nova Scotia. The author James L. Nelson, once 3rd officer of the Rose, was suppose to be aboard promoting his third book, but was unable to attend.

Hope this helps.
Greg.

Thats great! I can add that insight into whatever future ship documentation I have in mind :3

I'm working about, here you are the photoes, i've added some details, reduced the cannon's number and now i'm working on the bow, what do you think?

Attachments

• surprise foto1.jpg
    surprise foto1.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 238
Thank's, for the movie like Suprise, i've to add the quarterdeck... The carronades, i love them too, but the aren't mine, i've found them on the web and before porting them on the game i have to found the person who makes it and ask the permission, but they are free and i hope can't be problems:) I've also made a mortar, this afternoon i'll post the photo...

Back