• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

HMS Surprise

She looks great, I like the new details. :onya

Being fussy for a minute, I believe she's meant to have more flags:

master-and-commander-the-far-side-of-the-world-3.jpg

Looks like she's meant to have a long pennant on the mainmast, and an ensign on the foremast and spanker sail.
I know this is possible, and I guess I could even do it for you if you wanted. :shrug
Besides that, what a ship she's become!

Yes, i changed the bow, the headsails, the cannon number, i've improved the deck stuffs, like for example the wheel and the capstan, added the boats and changed the textures...

@Experienced Captain: yes, i'm in accord with you, but i prefer that you make the locator works, i'm not good with the locators:) The model is an half way, i'm not sure this expression is good in english, of the real surpise and the film one, if and when i get the plans i'll make the film one accurate...

@Experienced Captain: yes, i'm in accord with you, but i prefer that you make the locator works, i'm not good with the locators:) The model is an half way, i'm not sure this expression is good in english, of the real surpise and the film one, if and when i get the plans i'll make the film one accurate...
I can sort the locators for you; I've done enough to pick up a few things about them. :cheeky
From what I can tell, she looks pretty accurate in relation to the film one. Nice job! :onya

Well the film one has a raised quarter deck and yes the Engisn would be 100 times better if it was a larger flag hoisted off the Spanker. Where it is atm it just flaps through the mizzon top sail when your sailing with the wind.

Concerning the flags, I've been experimenting with the old Surprise:

[attachment=5413:Surprise_new_flags.jpg]

The only one I couldn't do was the ensign on the foremast, since it isn't tall enough.
Other than that, a vast improvement, don't you think? :dance

Cool, i'll check it out when its all uploaded. I noticed you have the Packet_Brig there, are you planning on making changes to that ship too?

Cool, i was looking and saw the textures apearing so it shouldn't be long now. Are you uploading the ships_init entery and walkfile aswell?

Here's the folder for Oskar94 and i have just downloaded everything for the Surprise with no problems.

http://www.pyratesahoy.com/potc/Oskar94/

As she stands she overwrites the old Surprise, if i change the folder's ship model and ships texture folder to Surpirse11 and then change the entery in ships_init to SHIP_SURPRISE1 and the ship name to Surprise1 would that allow both the old and the new versions to be in COAS?

Back