• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

HMS Surprise

Also will you be keeping the ensign/flag in the same place. Now when you use the ship in-game, the current Surprise model has the flag atop the mizzen mast. I think it would look 10X better if you had a larger flag hoisted on the Spanker sail.

With the current model, if your sailing anywhere with the wind behind you, the flag sticks through the mizzen top sail and it just ruins the look and feel of such a beautiful ship!

The new textures and colours look great though, keep it up! :D

Thank's for the suggestion Captain, but this isn't a mine model, i'm only editing it, after the Ajax launch i'll go on with it...

HMS Surprise is like THE community project. She's been working on by four members already:
Original model by Inzane, improved by Merciless Mark.
Then Seb' added some detail and ZarethPL remodeled her stern completely.
La Boussole uses the same model, but was retextured also by Seb'.
And now Oskar94 is doing further work on her! :shock

I restarted working on it, now i'm using the mobile, when i get the internet on the pc i'll upload the in game photos...

Thank's, i have to make the bow, the rest of the hull's done, i changed the details with more detailed ones...

Just an idea regarding what will happen to the old Suprise. Rather than using her for the Ladia how about retexturing the boussole to a Spanish, French or Dutch colours then naming it something else. Then change the name of the old Suprise to take up the slot of boussole?

Nice work on the new Suprise. :onya

The "slot"? What's a "ship slot"? :wacko:
You should be able to just put as many ships into the game as you want, no? :shock

I was talking about what will you do with the old Suprise, rather than remove the ship you could use it in the place of the boussole and give the boussole a new name one thats French, Spanish etc. Then you don't need to remove the ship.

Well the Boussole is a French Frigate, so why not simply name that French Frigate (or keep its name), the Old Surprise can become an "English Frigate" or since it has different colours for the various nations then simply call it a "32 gun Frigate" and the new model can be the Surprise.

Well the Boussole is a French Frigate, so why not simply name that French Frigate (or keep its name), the Old Surprise can become an "English Frigate" or since it has different colours for the various nations then simply call it a "32 gun Frigate" and the new model can be the Surprise.

I liked my idea more, more complicated. :rolleyes:

On a more serious note, yes do it that way, i don't mind as long as the old Suprise isn't removed (i like that ship).

for now anything, i have a lot of work, the Creole and the jabberdau's ships...

Hi pirates, the Surprise is going to be released, when i'll get internet on the pc i'll post the photos and upload it on the ftp:)

The old Surprise is my mostest favoritest Frigate. :luv But I have not even seen it in game for over three months. :huh I am glad that it will remain so that once the "clutter" is removed we will start to see the quality ships once again. :b: And there is a new, even better one coming soon! :2up

237fi1.jpg

2w750g6.jpg

Thank's a lot for the comments! Here you are the firsts pics of the Surprise:) please comment!

Back