• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Released HMS Unicorn

pgargon

Freebooter
Storm Modder
Storm Modeller
The Unicorn is a ship which wanted to build me a long time.
Bava was kind enough to give me a plan of HMS Unicorn. HMS Unicorn is an English frigate in 1750 and was equipped with 36 guns.
The ships I built a wooden model and now she is approaching the completion of a model for AOP2 Coas.

Update 02.Nov 2010
+ Fix reverse lighting bug

Have Fun with the Unicorn

http://www.pyratesahoy.com/potc/pgargon/HMS%20Unicorn/HMS_Unicorn_1.01.rar

Here are a enlargement of the Unicorn. The hull with additional two hunting guns.

http://www.pyratesahoy.com/potc/pgargon/HMS%20Unicorn/HMS_Unicorn_38Guns_1.01.rar

As I already said in a PM, she looks very good. Hope to see more WIP pics soonish :)

Btw, as far as I know, your Unicorn was built in 1748, not in 1797. :doff

Thank you. The Unicorn is already more than the pictures above. But I currently have problems with the internet at my house. New pictures coming soon.
The problem is that is specified in my plan for the wooden model from 1797 and you Plan from 1748. But it is on my wooden model ship and your plan to the same. :hmm

I was waiting for it for long time, i saw it on your album, i love this ship! :onya

@Jack Harrison
Yes that's right. I built the ship next to all the others. Therefore, the images are also older.

The problem is that is specified in my plan for the wooden model from 1797 and you Plan from 1748. But it is on my wooden model ship and your plan to the same.

Did you build the Corel kit? Thats known to be a bit inaccurate. :)

Some of the details and shape of her hall is VERY similar to the Defiant Frigate from Pirates of the Burning Sea.

Ships using the same model in the game, Defiant Mastercraft, Gallant Naval Frigate and Mercy Naval Frigate.

Ahhhhh. Yet another beautiful ship to look forward to and a frigate at that. She is awesome. Cant wait. You are not only good pgargon you are fast. :onya

@captain Hog
That's right. The Definat in PotBS was built after the HMS Unicorn.

New Update

That's a real nice ship! At the rate you're going, we can seriously start just dropping substandard models from the games.
We'll be having plenty of high quality models left to not decrease the variety levels too much! :woot

I think we need some models of standard like the new Surprise, this one and some other ships of things like Luggers, regular sloops, brigs and then the other version of the brig such as the packet brig. Those kind of vessels are important in this game and just as joyful to use as much as the frigate and larger warships.

:D I can have my Mercy Naval Frigate back now! :D

I don't know if I love or hate the ship, I've spent ages trying to get it in PotBS, when I finally got it, I quit playing because it got boring :D :D

One thing I am sure of though, is that your modeling is brilliant :keith
The ship is looking great so far :onya

@all
Thank you!
@AdmiralKoch
Yes, this frigate was also with me in my favorite PotBS ship. For me, the Hercules of the effort was too high. How do you say I have found PotBS for a year, only boring. :rolleyes:

Mercy Naval Frigate and the latest Hercules Model (Hercules Heavy Frigate) were my two fav frigates as a Naval Officer! :D

Good work, keep it coming!

You should suggest this as an update for the Defiant model in PotBS its a lot better than their version! Very Good!

Back