• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

How Do You Start Modding

There is some tutorials written by me for 3D conversions to STORM... But there is no tutorial here for modeling...

If you really want to become one, here is couple of steps:
  1. Chose 3D modeling program
    First of all, I suggest you to chose one program, that you'll use for modeling. There are many of those...
    Here is couple of most popular (esear to find tutorials)
    Autodesk 3D Studio Max (3Ds Max)
    Autodesk Maya (Maya)
    Autodesk|Softimage XSI (XSI) <-- My favorite...
  2. Search some tutorials for basic modeling
    You might find many of them over internet... Some are for money, some are users written... (if you'll use XSI, I might point you to some, that made me what I am in ~4 h)
  3. Deside what you're going to model
    What ever it will be for STORM. Location, character (hardest), gun or blade (eseast)
  4. Learn how to convert to STORM

There is some tutorials written by me for 3D conversions to STORM... But there is no tutorial here for modeling...

If you really want to become one, here is couple of steps:
  1. Chose 3D modeling program
    First of all, I suggest you to chose one program, that you'll use for modeling. There are many of those...
    Here is couple of most popular (esear to find tutorials)
    Autodesk 3D Studio Max (3Ds Max)
    Autodesk Maya (Maya)
    Autodesk|Softimage XSI (XSI) <-- My favorite...
  2. Search some tutorials for basic modeling
    You might find many of them over internet... Some are for money, some are users written... (if you'll use XSI, I might point you to some, that made me what I am in ~4 h)
  3. Deside what you're going to model
    What ever it will be for STORM. Location, character (hardest), gun or blade (eseast)
  4. Learn how to convert to STORM

i have maya, but how can i get ahold of the other programms without having to buy them?

Blender is free

http://www.blender.org/

But this will bring me to the next question as blender can import and export .obj (and many other) files and gm-viewer can export to .obj files, how do I convert .obj files to .gm files?:will

You have to buy them or you have to search illegal ways to get them... But don't expect anyone will write how to get program, It's illegal, you know...

And if you'll use blender, you can use this sequence:

Blender --> *.obj --> Maya 5.0 --> *.gm

Back