• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ideas for the future!

Nice mod you have here, congratulations! I'm having a lot of fun playing

Couple usability suggestions (dunno if possible wrt coding):
1. A range of options for changing how shop goods are displayed
- more expensive first
- do not show items of less than X value
- start display from the end of stack (looted items go there, and I want to sell those)
- show only "exported" goods + my cargohold
Can be done through shopkeeper dialog (preferrable) or through options menu
A lot of obligatory 1-at-a-time scrolling currently is killing shops for me, especially at later stage when I want to get through all those different hatchets in 3-4 types to get to see if they have cuirasses on sale

2. some ticks in companion item screens:
- show only weapons
- show only items
or maybe highlight your items that can increase companion skills if given (that is, companion does not have this item, and his skill is <10). Would immensely help with equipping companions

3. Ability to see captured ship's upgrades and characteristics on looting screen (add a menu option?), to decide if I want to assign officer to it or let it sink. Currently I have to assign officer to see what kind of upgrades ship has, and then can't get rid of this ship at sea any more, need to drag it to port (or can I?)

I don't know if anyone has suggested it or not, but i have a small thinking regarding the "tale of a sea hawk" storyline. Can we instead of serving the Governer as his errand boy, we can refuse and free to roam. Afterall, The English fleet is small and busy fighting the French so i don't think the governor will send his fleet after you. And maybe you can serve French instead.

Nice mod you have here, congratulations! I'm having a lot of fun playing

Couple usability suggestions (dunno if possible wrt coding):
I'm sure it is possible, but interfaces aren't the easiest things to adjust. Especially since no active coders are really very good with them.
In the meantime, the following might help:
- In the Items Trader menu, use the "Sell All Loot" button to instantly sell all jewels, indian artefacts and minerals that do not enhance skills,
as well as any and all low-level crappy blades. This taken into account your current level.
- I did a lot of changes to item availability in http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-3-progress.20686/ to reduce inventory clutter.
- If you press and hold at the edge of the scrollbar, in most interfaces it will scroll much faster.

I don't know if anyone has suggested it or not, but i have a small thinking regarding the "tale of a sea hawk" storyline. Can we instead of serving the Governer as his errand boy, we can refuse and free to roam. Afterall, The English fleet is small and busy fighting the French so i don't think the governor will send his fleet after you. And maybe you can serve French instead.
Nobody is forcing you to follow the main storyline. Don't report to the governors and go buy a Letter of Marque from the French and you'll have what you propose.
With the latest Beta 3 WIP, if you select France as your starting nation, not only will you start at Martinique, but you'll have French relations instead of English.
See here: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/build-14-beta-3-progress.20686/

Great, How about playing as the captain of the cursed ship Black Pearl or Flying Dutchman? Just a sandbox game with the goal of hunting the cursed coin for Black Pearl or Hunting down Captain Jack Sparrow. I have some idea but i don't know anything about programming and modding.

I think I just about did that last week. The Beta 3 WIP file contains actually cursed coins.
And Isla de Muerta has a chest full of them, so you can get yourself cursed on purpose. With all the positive and negative effects that come with it. :guns:

How can i get my crew, officer and my ship cursed??? Basically i want to be like Barbarossa. :ship. Plundering and spreading terror with impunity in the Caribbean. Amassing wealth and hunting for cursed coin so that in the end i can become mortal again and retire with a huge amount of treasure. And i wonder If the Black Pearl and the Flying Dutchman fight, who will win. :duel:

Attachments

• compile.log
    16.3 KB · Views: 104
  • error.log
    600 bytes · Views: 102
  • system.log
    2 KB · Views: 112
Sweet, but does it mean my crew, officers and ship become immortal? I shall install the update version as soon as i finish the current game. :pirate41:

I attacked the pirate settlement on Nevis, and i got them to surrender and give me gold to spare them. When i go to the store, it seem that i can take everything (make sense since i conquered the settlement). But i have to take the item just like i was buying them, so did you implement the "take all" function like when you successfully boarded a ship? I haven't try the new version yet so i don't know. There are several thing i suggest for your new version. If my suggestions had already been implemented or considered as impossible to implement, then ignore them. Thanks and please forgive my inability to help with the actual work.
1- have the "take all" in the store so you can simply loot them instead of selecting each item and choose how much you want to take.
2- have the shipwright to service your ships for free (upgrade, install new guns, repair, repaint), and you can take whatever ship it has. same goes for the blacksmith.
3- force the loanshark to erase you debt and/or give you the list of people whom borrow money from him so you can collect for yourself.
4- have the tavern serve your crew for free (just increase in morale and heal the wounded).

The whole Capture Colonies part of the mod isn't finished and doesn't work quite right yet.
We'll have to look at it some time, but that's a big project.

Can you disable the storyline for tale of the sea hawk? I chose to sail in the storm to escape the french fleet. But after i sail to Barbados and sail to another place, the storyline kicked in. I know i can ignore it or pay of the French, but it would be nice to be able to disable the storyline mission from kicking in. Giving player a sandbox playstyle game.

It is purely that invasion that does occur when you get to Barbados. Nobody is telling you to care about that though.
Don't talk to the Jamaica governor and the story doesn't continue. :shrug

I don't know if i am wrong or not, but this occur on some island. When i am in Port Royale, i can't fast travel because i am expected to walk to the governor house and report the attack. And until i do, i can't fast travel. But i was shipwrecked on Cayman, and i can't fast travel, it always said "something about to happen". Same go for the english colony on Nervis. But after i reported to the governor, i can fast travel again. So if you can fix it, it's great. If not, i guess player only need to report the invasion to the governor and go AWOL without trouble since the governor can't do anything to prevent it.

Strange that the Fast Travel thing occurs on more islands. Should be only in the first Jamaica Town location. :shock

You don't even need to visit the governor. Should be enough to let that soldier by the gates talk to you as you go in.

I haven't tried without speaking to the governor, but it's definitely happened on cayman and nervis (english settlement). I guess it's because you use code from Redmond.
Also, when i accept the mission to rescue Bartolomeu’s crews, i can't fast travel. And i can't fast travel until i finished the quest.
So i hope you and your team can remedy on these two problem. Or just put some notice about it for new player. I'll continue to explore things in the game and notify you guys when things went wrong.
PS: i use the modify console to get the ship i want, but bad thing occur. I saved the game and went to bed. So the next day i loaded the save and continue to play. I can't save and my profile disappear. T_T can you check on it.
And on curacao, when the smuggler told me to go to some place i forgot the name, but it's not Bullen Bay. I can't go to it. It seem that i can't access it. So can you check on it. My version still the 2.5 light.

Added Tortuga on the list of can't fast travel. I can't fast travel even after i talked to the governor. At least i fast travel back to the ship. And it will be great if you can bring some order to Tortuga and her settler.
- People fighting each other and attack me as well. The problem is around 7 NPCs are immortal.
- A skeleton walking in daylight.
And i have a question, why do brothel closed at night??? Shouldn't the brothel be open all day for business??

Back