• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Ideas for the future!

What realism setting are you playing on? At the default setting you can only fast travel to places you have already visited.

If you don't attack those fighting characters in Tortuga, they won't attack you.
Tortuga IS a pirate town; you expect things to be quiet there???

The skeleton was chasing a monk into the church, but he didn't catch him so gave up. :razz

I didn't pick a fight with anyone (just got out of the store), but the danger flashing icon tell me otherwise. And i don't mind being pick on by any guy in there (i am an immortal too :wp) . My realism setting allow me to fast travel anywhere (the original setting of the POTC game). I think the skeleton should be more intimidating with some kind scare looking knife or sword in his hand. And other character attack him too (poor Boney). Also the Curacao beach (something Hato), please have a look at it since i can't access it even when i sailed there personally.
And seem like my character always get hit by "ladies" whenever i converse with them. Make me remember Jack Sparrow. And it's really funny when a fat old priest outrun a bony skeleton.
Can you make Tortuga into and independent island for pirate? Just like the old island in the old game?

You or one of your officers might have accidentally hit one of the town folk in Tortuga. Perhaps it's even good enough if one of them hits YOU.
The AI groups don't always behave sensibly. Perhaps we'll get round to sorting that one day, but nobody is familiar with that code right now. :shrug

I have no officer following me, and the officer will not attack first without being engaged. And i have just came out from a building, i haven't even draw my weapon. I lost three officers just because they stood there and wait for the enemies to come close and hit them, after that they draw their sword to fight. Most of the time my officer was killed because they stood there and took a hit from gun before even drawing their own guns to fire.

I don't mind my character get hit by ladies. As jack said "a man deserve that". And the town folk fighting with each other is also fine since i can loot their dead bodies (good items and more than hundred of gold coin). I am about to try to use the Thieve's knife to hit the immortal folk (wonder if the ability of the knife is true and work on immortal).

For now, please do your best to resolve the can't fast travel thing and the beach on curacao (not bullen bay or grand cayman).

I first have to get round to finally getting some advanced code merged with the Beta 3 WIP code.
If I keep trying to fix stuff, that'll never happen and it'll become harder and harder to do it.

Could you make a short list of the things you ran into? Then I can copy that onto my to-do list.

I'm pretty sure any Fast Travel issues are not normal. Perhaps quest-related? Some quests disable it to prevent you from skipping parts of it.

I am playing and recording the bug i encounter as i play so i'll give you the list and some detail. I know you guys are doing big project for the upcoming version. But please have these fixed so player can enjoy the mod more.
- Can't fast travel on Cayman. No quest related since i sail there after the storm (happen on some other island too, but not all). I can fast travel after i talk and accept mission from the governor. My realism setting allow fast travel anywhere.
- Sometime when i fast travel back to my ship deck, the screen turn black. I can press f2 to access character, inventory ..... But i can't continue to play since it's pitch black.
- Smuggler on Curacao tell me to go to the BochT Van Hato, but i can't access it. Sail manually or fast sail don't work since i can't land on the beach.
- When i accept to help Bartolomeu to rescue his crew, i can't fast travel until i finish the quest at Port Royale. When i press enter, i can only activate Rush.
- When i help Bartolomeu to get his ship back, there is no fighting between Bartolomeu and Pirate. He simply said the pirate is his enemy and want to fight him. Then nothing happen. He and the pirate just stand where they are while i wait. When i talk to Bartolomeu, he thanks me for helping and we appear on the coast with the Navigator. I tried to put Bartolomeu on the Caption spot for Santiago by exchange ship to ship, the game crash. But i can put Bartolomeu in caption spot using the set captain in the shipwright.
- My character sometime initiate conversation without me pressing action or enter to enter action list.
- Merchant sometime have no personal item to sell or money to buy from me. The money the merchant have are shown like this 3, .134,123, The number at the back is the amount of money they have. trading item are fine.
- In the game guide, you tell the player to edit the console c file to get the ship we want, it turn out to be buggy. It happen like this: I start the game, press f12 and get the ship. play and then save it. When i load my game save, i can't save because of the active profile error.
- The looting of the settlement is kinda bugged. I attack the pirate settlement and get the ransom. But when i go to the store, the owner just cower and i can't talk to her to loot the place( normal settlement is fine). The shipwright give me his vessel for free but charge me when i upgrade or install gun. And when i come out of any building, the pirates in the settlement attack me. Shouldn't my crew still occupy it since i haven't left on ship.
- The smuggling part is kinda not right. For example. I get Ebony from Cuba for 200, i can sell it on Curacao for 270. But if i bring it to Port Royale i can sell it at 1500+ per item. I know it has to be more expensive when the item was banned, but nearly ten time different in price is kinda out of place. So i hope you can fix the price ratio.
Hope you can fix these issue for the new version.

I don't fast travel so am no help there.

That beach at Curacao has had a problem for a very long time. It was only partially finished.

During the Bart O Port side quest there is no reason to fast travel because something happens in every map except for Santiago, where you need to go from the waterfront to the jungle and back. I don't even fast travel there because I visit with merchants and the shipyard along the way.

At Guadeloupe when getting the Santiago, that one soldier did have an English uniform, but I thought that got fixed a little while back.

The fight on the Santiago works like that. The only actual fighting is when you fight the crew. You can only set the Captain while aboard your ship, in a store, or in a shipyard.

What beta version are you playing?

- My character sometime initiate conversation without me pressing action or enter to enter action list.
That's normal. Other characters can go and talk to YOU too.

- Merchant sometime have no personal item to sell or money to buy from me. The money the merchant have are shown like this 3, .134,123, The number at the back is the amount of money they have. trading item are fine.
I thought I fixed that a few weeks ago. Included in Beta 3 WIP 11.

- In the game guide, you tell the player to edit the console c file to get the ship we want, it turn out to be buggy. It happen like this: I start the game, press f12 and get the ship. play and then save it. When i load my game save, i can't save because of the active profile error.
Those two things are unrelated. Profile errors crop up seemingly randomly.
My recommendation: try not to have too many profiles.

- The looting of the settlement is kinda bugged. I attack the pirate settlement and get the ransom. But when i go to the store, the owner just cower and i can't talk to her to loot the place( normal settlement is fine). The shipwright give me his vessel for free but charge me when i upgrade or install gun. And when i come out of any building, the pirates in the settlement attack me. Shouldn't my crew still occupy it since i haven't left on ship.
We know Capture Colonies is unfinished and buggy. Very much so. One day.... :facepalm

2 Simple Ideas for the Cursed Dutchman:
If you are submerged:
1. World-Map encounters are disabled (shouldn't be that hard, we already have a cheat code for it?)
2. On open sea enemies won't recognize you until you are emerged again (doesn't know how far this is possible)

Hmm.... there's no such thing as being submerged on the worldmap, really.
That'd require us to save your status and reload as such when you get out of the worldmap.

hm but it saves the status? I mean if you submerge and you go to worlmap and then go to open sea again you're still submerged so there is kind of a save, is it?

You ARE? Really? I never tried that. Well, that does save us the trouble of figuring THAT one out. :rofl

Yes, it seems that the game really saves the status. So disabling the worldmap encounters should be possible? It looks very good when entering a battle. The enemies are in a line-up, not knowing what comes to them and then ... baaaaam! the Flying Dutchman emerges, loads her devastating guns and ... :D
That's why I asked if its possible to make the dutchman "invisible" for enemies when shes submerged. Because it looks a bit weird when they are shooting in the water^^

Yes, it seems that the game really saves the status. So disabling the worldmap encounters should be possible?
Might indeed be possible to put a CheckAttribute in the same spot as that cheat code. I've put it on my to-do list.

It looks very good when entering a battle. The enemies are in a line-up, not knowing what comes to them and then ... baaaaam! the Flying Dutchman emerges, loads her devastating guns and ... :D
That's why I asked if its possible to make the dutchman "invisible" for enemies when shes submerged. Because it looks a bit weird when they are shooting in the water^^
I can try to figure that one out some time as well. There IS code for the Black Pearl being less visible at night, so at least that gives me a clue on where to look.
Though I always figured that was the only advantage to submerging: to use the sea surface as a shield against cannonballs. :cheeky

:no doesnt work^^ you get hit underwater, too :D I nearly always lose my rigging when submerged in a port and I also got damage from ships firing at me when I was submerged :D

Really? That's rather surprising. Where are those balls even hitting then???
It DOES make sense to make you PROPERLY invisible then. Anyway, it's on the to-do list. :facepalm

some suggestions for the game ^ ^
1 - At least a parrot on top of the shoulder, if you can lol.
2 - Serve as crew.
3 - Character Customization (Face, Skin Color, part of the clothes, etc..)
4 - Having an Editor within the game, create a personalized banner.
5 - A form of collection within the game, which are bottles with mini ships on the captain's cabin every type of ship destroyed (Optional) (Or in Storyline Blackbeard only.)
6 - sea monsters.
7 - Action drinking in the tavern, but with the bottle in hand lol.
8 - Actions crew more realistic with the ship in 3rd person.
9 - Visit the Deck in real time.

Most of those are probably not possible in this game engine, but we'll keep 'em in mind for Hearts of Oak.

However:
3. I'm working on implementing a customize option for the Select Storyline interface that allows you to select your character model
4. This same code also includes modified flags code, which will allow selection from ALL personal and pirate flags in the game, regardless of Period
6. Does this qualify as a Sea Monster?
NewKrakenAttack.jpg

Back