• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build Interface Screenshots for Ships

Armada, do we need to replace those Fleut interface textures for Beta 3?

Ideally, yes. I'll see if I can do that this weekend.

Cheers! What other things do you still intend to get done for the proper Beta 3 release?
Just so I've got an idea of what to prepare for....

We've still got time anyway; need to give the full installer some internal testing time before throwing it out to the public.

Definitely the final FR_Couronne fix, and next priority after that is giving Willemstad a port model so players can actually see it.
Thankfully, that one uses a location based on Martinique, so I can borrow their port/fort combo model to make things simple. :cheeky

Quick question: is the Gold-Bug itself supposed to be a ship? If so, why is its interface image so different?

It's not a ship, just an image that Jack Rackham wants to have shown in place of the regular ship picture.

Ah, so it's just for the Select Storyline interface? That would make sense.

One more thing: do we still want the interface pictures to be compressed? If space is no longer an issue, perhaps we could use the extra image quality.

Ah, so it's just for the Select Storyline interface? That would make sense.
Yep. :yes

One more thing: do we still want the interface pictures to be compressed? If space is no longer an issue, perhaps we could use the extra image quality.
I've been using 16 bit uncompressed for all interface textures. The only stuff I'd be inclined to compress are textures applied to models, because there you really can't tell.
But on interfaces, it tends to be very obvious. So by all means, go for uncompressed. :cheers

OK, here you go: InterfaceScreenshots_31-08-13.7z
This includes all four files; three updated with the Fleut pictures, and for the last one I moved the Gold-Bug picture behind the image borders and added the newer CursedCrimsonBlood picture (the old one was still in use, for some reason).

And another update, courtesy of Hylie's fluyt upgrades.

Attachments

• fleutofwar34g.jpg
    fleutofwar34g.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 62
Wow, that's QUICK! :woot

BTW: It seems to me the images are still appearing a bit pixelated. Perhaps you would consider re-converting them as A8R8G8B8?
It'll make the files larger still, but I think we can afford that for images that are used so much throughout the game.

If you say so. I've updated the archive I posted earlier via the link above. :onya

Attachments

• Wargalleon English.jpg
    Wargalleon English.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 65
  • Wargalleon French.jpg
    Wargalleon French.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 83
  • Wargalleon Portagee.jpg
    Wargalleon Portagee.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 75
  • Wargalleon Spanish.jpg
    Wargalleon Spanish.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 67
I'll wait until we're sure that those textures are being used how we want.

It's been a while since I've changed ye olde ship screenshot files! :read

Back