• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build Interface Screenshots for Ships

Could someone look at Battleship4, index193 please? It causes one of my installs to ctd every time it is accessed. The other install I'm using does ok with it tho.

I think Experienced Captain found the problem with that ship and fixed it.
The fix isn't yet released though, but it's a confirmed problem with Patch 4 at least. :facepalm

Done! :j3 I now have two installs that are bloodied and staggering, but still standing. It was touch and go towards the end, but they held together long enough. :trio I always make mistakes, so let me know where I went wrong and I will correct it. 237 ships! :shoot:

Wow, that's absolutely incredible, mate! Thanks very much! :bow
Having a quick look through the files, I didn't detect any mistakes.

You've even got more screenshots than we've got ship models, because some ships reuse the exact same model.
For example, the different galleon5 versions as well, as the steamship doubles.

Well, I was in production mode and gottem all. Now you can put new ships in those slots without having to rename the whole mess. Or does it work that way?

Those images looks incredibly/amazingly/wonderfully good. They're outstanding! Congratulations, miklkit!

pirate_kk

Thank you. :doff

One thing that needs addressing is that the mainsail bulges out too far and interferes with the stays and rigging, especially on the new ships. It was difficult to get decent shots of some ships.

could these be of use in the repainting of ships in the shipyards? it's a bit of a bother that there's no discriptions, so it would be nice if you can distinguish color from the ship's icon.

i've taken a look at earlier pictures in this topic, and it seems you can. great.

One thing that needs addressing is that the mainsail bulges out too far and interferes with the stays and rigging, especially on the new ships.  It was difficult to get decent shots of some ships.
Oh, those are problems related to the ship models. You really can't do much to fix this because it's a way how engine interprets the model in conjunction with "physical environmental conditions" (like wind and ocean waves).

pirate_kk

could these be of use in the repainting of ships in the shipyards? it's a bit of a bother that there's no discriptions, so it would be nice if you can distinguish color from the ship's icon.reat.
I can guarantee that after implementing those images in game, they'll show correctly how a ship looks.

pirate_kk

could these be of use in the repainting of ships in the shipyards? it's a bit of a bother that there's no discriptions, so it would be nice if you can distinguish color from the ship's icon.
That's indeed the main reason why we'd want to do this. :yes

great news. you know, there's a lot more of those ships than you'd think, looking at the amount you see in a single time period.

I've only just had a chance to take a look at miklkit's screenshots, and I have to say they're pretty good! :onya
I was just wondering, though, would it look better to have some of the cursed ships displayed in a storm?
And as for coded doubles, perhaps they should share one picture between them, rather than have two separate ones?

Cursed ships in storms? It could be done. It would take 1-2 days. I don't know what you could actually see though. Any other requests?

For the doubles, I took shots of all ships figuring they could be sorted out later.

Cursed ships in storms? It could be done. It would take 1-2 days. I don't know what you could actually see though.
True, it may be that a normal storm is too dark, but perhaps the brighter storm would work better? (I think they're rarer, though)
Is there a way to force a certain weather condition through the console? That would help.

This could take a while and I'm not sure about the results. It is taking several attempts to get a storm in the day, and then sometimes it ends before I can get a good angle for the shot. First attempts.

For the doubles, I took shots of all ships figuring they could be sorted out later.
Absolutely true; no harm in having two pictures of the same model, as long as they're all there. We can figure it out. :yes

True, it may be that a normal storm is too dark, but perhaps the brighter storm would work better? (I think they're rarer, though)
Is there a way to force a certain weather condition through the console? That would help.
Yes there is:
Code:
SetNextWeather("Stormy");
Or:
Code:
SetNextWeather("Heavy Storm"); // This produces twisters
To ensure it is daytime, you can also execute this to go with it:
Code:
SetCurrentTime(12.00, 0);
Note that all this happens upon the next reload, together with the loading of the next ship. :yes

Back