• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Jack Sparrow Story - Boarding & Treasure Quest

I tested it and it worked but started a new game everytime. o_O
When I come home tomorrow I'll take a closer look.

Dead enemies will have a little less ammo than they used to because they probably have shooten away some now.
Looting your own crew maybe can make up for that. But Pieter you're right - too much here will spoil it.
So I guess I have to balance it and give the crew less ammo but enough for more than one deck/landfight.

Dead enemies have one or two rounds at most, usually not the same amount of bullets as powder, often only one or the other. Dead crew always have the full six of each, but that doesn't mean you need to give the crew less. They'll have less for you to loot if they use some of it themselves. ;) Besides, you can always top up your powder from the nearest powder store on the boarded ship - it's bullets which are in short supply.

How many decks can it be with your crew fighting together with you. 3 or more?
And what about officers: if they die you can loot them too. Or do they not fight alongside with you anymore?

In a boarding against a Portuguese "Spanish" War Galleon, which is most of my boardings during this game:
1: Main deck.
2: Gun deck.
3: Cargo hold 1.
4: Cargo hold 2.
5: Cabin.
And usually one more deck before all that because unless their morale is really bad, they initiate boarding against me as they have more crew. So in total there can be up to 6 decks.

You can loot officers if they die. In fact, you can loot them while they're still alive, though I tend to do the opposite and give them stuff such as replacement ammo, replacement medicaments, and replacement swords if theirs deteriorate. I try not to let officers die. Crew are expendable drones, officers aren't, which is why I buy best available armour for officers but only give crew armour which has been captured.

1 With so many possible decks for crewmembers I guess they need all ammo they could get. Or think of something else.....
2 Anyway this mod of mine stopped working suddenly but I have fixed it now. Maybe that happened to you Grey Roger.
3 Another thing: Landcrew loses their guns when reloading to another location (but not their blades).
If anyone has an idea of where to look for that please let me know. Certainly a bug.

1: Even with a full ammo load, they're likely to be out by the end deck. Especially since the most common pistol I've been capturing is the brace of medium pistols, so that's what the crew are likely to be carrying.
2: No, I've never seen crew shooting. But if it only works when you start a new game then I won't see it working for some time because I've no intention of losing all the progress I've made in the "Assassin" storyline. ;)
3: Someone else will need to comment on that because I don't take crew onto land.
4: I've never seen a pair of heavy pistols since I installed Beta 3.2. Have they been scrapped in this version?

1. I thought the crew could only fire the single shot pistols so I have only given them the srapper pistol.
2. I have not seen crew shooting yet. No new game.
3. I had an officer die in the jungle and I could not loot him.
4. The heavy pistols are there in abundance in my game.

Here's a new and simplified fix. It works like this:
Crew don't use (consume) ammo when firing.
The ammo in the locker is there just to look "realistic".
Crew are equipped with a small amount of ammo for looting reasons.

I just tested multishot pistols and crew can use them if you have the right perk. Gunman etc
A little strange but as crew can't have perks...

Please test this mod so I know if it works.

Attachments

• simplified crew fires pistols.7z
    92.9 KB · Views: 84
No new game required! :woot

I saw a soldier using his pistol during a boarding action. Unfortunately he was an enemy..........:facepalm None of my guys did anything but try to walk around. :rumgone

Or a new game really was required. Enemies have been firing guns for a long time I think.

What a luck, I need to install it again :( Thanks Jack & team. I can't wait to watch my crew are fighting & with guns.

I have placed the latest version in the list of fixes thread.
Fixed a minor writing mistake.

That is an archive thread for updates so we don't lose them before the next official patch. I am using the fix from post #28.

Back