• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Levelling: Auto Skill System OFF, Skill Increases Disappear

Jason

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
Started new game with 11/29 version. Raised skill level to 31, allocated the skill points saved game, went to ship and the points that I allocated were gone and my abilities were back to the default. And what is with the red an green colors.

Attachments

• Character screen.jpg
    Character screen.jpg
    623.1 KB · Views: 92
Raised skill level to 31, allocated the skill points saved game, went to ship and the points that I allocated were gone and my abilities were back to the default.
I just did a quick test myself and confirmed that there is indeed a problem.
While assigned Abilities did remain in my test, any assigned skill disappears as soon as I exit the interface.

BEFORE:
upload_2015-11-29_22-40-29.png

AFTER:
upload_2015-11-29_22-41-20.png

Also, the number in the second column doesn't increase, when really it should.
Apart from the green/red indicating bonuses from items, everything SHOULD work as it always did.
But clearly it doesn't.

This one @Levis....

Auto skill is turned off in the options menu. There isn't another place like internal settings is there?
You are doing it right; it seems we've got another brand new bug on our hands with the game code.
I confirmed the issue as per my previous post above. :modding

:S, okay I need to look into this. Didn't change anything about that as far as I know....

Although I might have an idea.
@Pieter Boelen in the character interface I removed a piece of code which sets your level to the character. I thought this wasn't used. It should be at the place where the colors are set. Could you add the line there again? It should store the skillvalue in the character.

@Jason and @ANSEL: Please extract attached file to PROGRAM\INTERFACE .
That reverts the character interface behaviour to that of the previous update.
This isn't a fix as the new functionality isn't in there either, but at least it should allow you to actually play the game properly.

@Pieter Boelen in the character interface I removed a piece of code which sets your level to the character.
You mean the AddCharacterExp lines? I just did some tests and that's not it.

But it IS something in that character interface, because reverting it to its previous state does restore the needed functionality.

Attachments

• character.zip
    10.6 KB · Views: 76
Couldn't remember, sorry.
Please try the file from my post above until @Levis figured out a real fix.

On the start, playing cards in the tavern. Earned lvl 5 and some skill points & distribute them on Luck and leadership, continue playing cards. On the next check, lvl 8, Leadership level and luck are at the starting lvl.

Attachments

• error.log
    3 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Back