• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Main Quest: Broken at Cozumel

Jason

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
After taking the Soveriegn of the Seas if they surrender you can't to Silehard. You apprach and no dialouge appears. In some circumstances you are a able to murder him but you are still stuck on board sometimes.

Im sure I fixed this one :facepalm

Guess I will have another look at it, does he surrender at sea and then you board and he is on the deck? If so I think I will disable that :shrug

Guess I will have another look at it, does he surrender at sea and then you board and he is on the deck? If so I think I will disable that

In each case I have had to board and fight on at least on deck, then he is outside the captain's cabin. It is at that point you are stuck. On on occasion I had to fight all the way through and while he wouldn't speak to me I could kill him even though he was unarrmed, but I still couldn't get off the ship. The only way lI have been able to kill him is witth the poisned trhowing knife. Blades and guns don't work.

CRAP! I thought Captain Maggee fixed this problem. About ten times already. :modding

Got to this point too. Silhard does not seem to have any wepons to fight with - I killed him and after dropping reputaion to matey for attacking an unarmed character was able to get off the ship.

Hope this helps.

He talks to you and then gets given a weapon to fight with (that is how it is supposed to happen anyway)

The lack of weapon makes him be in the cabin by himself

He talks to you and then gets given a weapon to fight with (that is how it is supposed to happen anyway)

The lack of weapon makes him be in the cabin by himself

He didn't talk to me at all and he was not alone. I will try this one again and see more of what is happening if I can. :shrug

Can you post your save game file here so I can test it Cap'n Cook?

I really dont want to have to play all the way to it just to see if he talks or not :no

Captain Magee,

He has never talked to me and he has never had weapon. He has been alone every time I have played through this except 1. I have played my save six times. I have atttached my save. Which should start just outside Cozumel. You will have board the Soveriegn of the Seas, Etc. Thanks for all you do.

Good luck.
:cheers

Can you post your save game file here so I can test it Cap'n Cook?

I really dont want to have to play all the way to it just to see if he talks or not :no

Please find attached file - I just remembered thatI had not killed all other enemy ships when I took the Soverign. This may be the problem.

View attachment -=Player=- La Grenade.7z

You will need to sail from Grenada to Cozumel for the battle.
Hope this helps.

Ok I can confirm it :modding

I think I have fixed it (again) but wont be sure to someone reaches the end after I release the patch (as I have changed a location)

Yep, that is why I cant test it with your save game atm Im afraid :(

Im thinking of holding off with the patch though for awhile so people can report more storyline bugs (if there are any) and finish the various storylines :shrug

All right, giood to know.

Here are a couple of issues that I previously reported.

1. Danille does no fighting in attack on Bridgetown. She just stands around and gets hit.

2. I had also reported that my spyglass stopped working and that some ships particularly pirates stopped displaying flags. These problems developed about the time of the shopwreck and cleared up completely after taking Bridgetown and defeating the fleet. I haste to send you on a wild goose chase but these problems might relatee to some adjusments made trying to fix other problems.

If you to send me the Silihard fix in a PM or email I would be happy to try it. Just a suggestions.

Later today I will try to post a summary of all the problems I found playing through the main quest. Where would you like it?

If there are only a couple the BUG tracker is the place but if there is HEAPS AND HEAPS send them to me in a PM ;)

I will get the files together that I have changed for silehard and send them to you :yes

If you are sending by PM, please put it on some place I can see it too.
Maybe I'd have some suggestions that could help? :razz

I played the main quest all the way through with the fix and I am sorry to report I still couldn't talk to Silehard. And in addtion this time Captain Walter tomlinson Showed up. When I addressed him I got the ransome dialouge and that worked? :shrug

But game is broken here since you can't deal with Silihard.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH this bug really is getting on my nerves :modding

Question Jason, did all the ships have full health when you arrived at Cozumel? :?

Back