• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Main Quest: Broken at Cozumel

Ill say this again... AFTER FINAL IS NOT CODED IN!!!!!

The only way to close the quest book entry is how grrrbeerg suggested and that is sinking the ship

Oh and Captain Magge i dont think the guy knows what you mean by its not coded in, not all of us are codies we just come here to use the free goodies your supply us with! :)

Not coded in means it hasnt been coded into the game, therefore doesnt work because well it isnt there to work :no

Not coded in means it hasnt been coded into the game, therefore doesnt work because well it isnt there to work :no

Ok.... I just tested it by sinking the ship then continuing as normal however again....no option to finish the quests :( Is there a way to place a dialouge option onto the new govenern to close those quests and give the reward.......

Or better yet can somebody put a save game up with the new horizons story done with either the black pearl or the manowar 1 class (the two ships you can capture near the end)

No, like I said it hasnt been coded in, the finish to the quest (the new one) doesnt exist, so therefore the dialog for the finish isnt known and neither is the reward...

If you want to close the questbook header just execute these lines of code through the console (check the Build and Forum FAQ on how to use the console)
Code:
CloseQuestHeader("After_Final");
CloseQuestHeader("Into_the_temple");

Grrrberg why arent you a registered member on the forum yet?

To get both of the ships is very difficult and I doubt people have a save game where they have both yet (Patch 1 isnt that old :shrug)

No, like I said it hasnt been coded in, the finish to the quest (the new one) doesnt exist, so therefore the dialog for the finish isnt known and neither is the reward...

If you want to close the questbook header just execute these lines of code through the console (check the Build and Forum FAQ on how to use the console)
Code:

To get both of the ships is very difficult and I doubt people have a save game where they have both yet (Patch 1 isnt that old :shrug)

Thank you! and also im not a member yet because i wasn't sure how good these forums were and the community. I've learn't my lesson and will join up immediatly :)

So its closed now?

If you really want to do something to participate, maybe you might want to give it a try to actually code in after final :shrug

Its just all our storyline coders are quite busy at the current time so it will be awhile before we do this at the current rate :yes (unfortunatly)

So its closed now?

If you really want to do something to participate, maybe you might want to give it a try to actually code in after final :shrug

Its just all our storyline coders are quite busy at the current time so it will be awhile before we do this at the current rate :yes (unfortunatly)

Sure i'll give it ago..... I was thinking of cloning the old governor, putting in the dialogue options for him (whilst keeping the other glitchy original one in a unreachable cell somewhere) This should work because you get the quest update for sinking or captureing the ship (it's not actually linked to the governor NPC). Then I might add a dialogue option for the new governor which talks about the quest, improves relations and perhaps gives a cash reward (that would be a one off option after that if you select it again the governor would say the traditional "thats was a once in a life time offer". OR...... I might work on scrapping After Final altogether and work on a better ending to such a great game and mod pack.

Well see what i have time to do :)

I wonder if any one can find me a video of the original battle from stock POTC (youtube would be nice)? It would be helpful for me to put in the dialogue options and can somebody send me the vid that was at the VERY VERY end of the game (I think it was set in the captains cabin? if not ill just try to find my old installation disk :))

Code:

I think i need help with inputting that code :( i looked through the Build and Forum FAQ on how to use this games console and there wasn't much could you please tell me how to close these quests specifically or point me to the exact place that can.....The console isn't as easy to use as new games like Elder Scrolls Oblivion and Fallout 3 (Where i do most of my modding/playing about)

I think i need help with inputting that code :( i looked through the Build and Forum FAQ on how to use this games console and there wasn't much could you please tell me how to close these quests specifically or point me to the exact place that can.....The console isn't as easy to use as new games like Elder Scrolls Oblivion and Fallout 3 (Where i do most of my modding/playing about)

For using the Console : look at item 6 in this post Console - Build Faq

Add the code you want to the console - save the console - start game from save and press F12 to execute the console.

For using the Console : look at item 6 in this post Console - Build Faq

Add the code you want to the console - save the console - start game from save and press F12 to execute the console.
Okay thanks i was adding the code ok just didn't know about having to press F12 :) On most games i play console is usable during game and work instantly :)) many thanks!

I wonder if any one can find me a video of the original battle from stock POTC (youtube would be nice)? It would be helpful for me to put in the dialogue options and can somebody send me the vid that was at the VERY VERY end of the game (I think it was set in the captains cabin? if not ill just try to find my old installation disk :))

all the videos should still be there in Build 14 Beat 1 patch 1

They are in the RESOURCE \ VIDEOS \ STANDARD folder and the ENGLISH sub-folder :ixi

I think the final video is Nathanial and Danielle standing on the deck looking at the sun rise/set.

For the first time ever in B14 I made it to Cozumel! I intended to capture the 1st rate MoW, and did so three times. All 3 times Silehard was in the Captain's Cabin unarmed and silent. Using the sword or pistol caused a loss in rep, so I used me fists for the first time ever. They are powerful! Three hits and he was dead with no loss of rep. But I was still stuck with no way out.
So, is there a way to get past this point? Does it work if you sink the other ships first? Do you have to sink the Sovereign?

I have tested this my self and every time I did it he is in there and NOT silent (with sword and pistol)...

Are you using Patch 1 :facepalm

Yes I am using B14-P1-2. Neither B14-P1-1 or B14-P1-2 have crashed out yet. It was touch and go during the Barbados Affair, but it seems to be working well again.

You must be one of the lucky ones. There are others in this thread that have mentioned the silent Silehard. I have read this thread and it looks like I will try to sink the other ships first and then capture the Sovereign. If that doesn't work, then I will sink the Sovereign and see if that works. I was hoping for confirmation that those paths work before investing the hours it will take.

Well, it appears that the way to do it is to sink all the other ships first, and then capture the Sovereign.

When I got to the Captains cabin Silehard was there and silent, as always. But there were others there fighting. As I moved around Silehard followed me, which he had not done before. Anyway, I punched him out with my fists and then, another first, I was able to loot his corpse. Then I was able to move on! Straight to Havana for a refit. The Sovereign turns out to be slow but very maneuverable.

This program is wildly inconsistent on my system. The symptoms indicate a memory leak, which I am trying to track down.

If this is the case something in my room is going to be broken...

I have fixed this same problem about 5000 times!!!!!

He should definantly be armed at the least

Hey, don't go by my experiences. When this thing is running well it is a completely different game from usual. When I look at the compile,error, and system logs they are 90% errors. I'm surprised that it runs at all.

By the way, what renderer does PotC use? D3D or OpenGL? When I look at the hardware monitor the profile looks like OGL. The drivers that I have been using since before I got this game are terrible in OGL.

Back