• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build Making Better Use of Special Locations

Iron, eh? I can indeed imagine that serving some potential quest use. :yes

Who is going to be adding these goods anyway? Beta 3.4/3.5 wish-list, is it?

If you ever played elder scrolls then maybe you remember Skooma?
Not familiar, I'm afraid.... :shrug

I am unfamiliar with most "famous" computer games. What I played are adventure and strategy games. And PotC.

Pieter, the Elder Scrolls series is probably one of the best adventure/rpg-games ever ^^
Yeah Skooma affected quite much skills and attributes at a very high niveau.. some were positive and some negative.. my suggestion for PotC would be e.g. an increase in HP and HP-restore-rate but a reduce in melee, leadership and accuracy.. would be awesome if we could also trigger an addiction, that you get permanent negative influences if you take it too often in a time-period^^

The Skooma Quest was pretty hard to initialize.. if I remember right, you had to wait in this house where you have to murder this elv as quest for the dark brotherhood

I often think of the secret hideout on Cozumel. It has a ship cabin , but its locked, if open and added a
couple of chests, it becomes a real hideout. You cut use it to store supplies and money, yu0r own treasure
as well. Behind the cabin there is a cave with a unused treasure chest, maybe it could be used for a Quest item.
When hiding out there, you can visit temple, collect some god items and weapons. Also there is another unused
big cave on this island.

I often think of the secret hideout on Cozumel. It has a ship cabin , but its locked, if open and added a
couple of chests, it becomes a real hideout. You cut use it to store supplies and money, yu0r own treasure
as well. Behind the cabin there is a cave with a unused treasure chest, maybe it could be used for a Quest item.
When hiding out there, you can visit temple, collect some god items and weapons. Also there is another unused
big cave on this island.
Good point! We can probably use the Vanderdecken cabin location there as well.

And probably most people don't know that is even there, so it would be cool to provide a hint somewhere in the game.
Also would be nice if players would indeed try to use it as private hide-out. Did you ever try that?
What do you figure should be added to make that work better?

couple of chests, it becomes a real hideout. Behind the cabin there is a cave
Funny that's exactly what I have done in the GoldBug. :shock

Funny that's exactly what I have done in the GoldBug. :shock
Is there any chance for you adapting that to the hideout on Cozumel as well?
If it is just a matter of copy-pasting what you have already done, that might save us the effort of doing the same thing a second time somewhere along the line. :cheeky

Good point! We can probably use the Vanderdecken cabin location there as well.

And probably most people don't know that is even there, so it would be cool to provide a hint somewhere in the game.
Also would be nice if players would indeed try to use it as private hide-out. Did you ever try that?
What do you figure should be added to make that work better?
Yes, I try to use it some times ago, I miss access to the cabin and the chest behind, so I give up. About the chest in the cave, I remember
in the standard storyline or was it in the HTC storyline ,there was a real chest standing in the cave.I dont know about those guys walking
around are useful in any way? If the cabin could be used in the same way as Captains cabin on ships, sleep the night or day over, wake up
health up again , it will be nice. Maybe the chest in the cave could be used to hide the new Sniper rifle .

PS,I know I speak Danglish.

Last edited:
Well Pieter, as we said yesterday, it's fun with unique stuff in the quests.
Be it items, characters, locations.
And it wouldn't be that easy to copy it anywaw as I have a lot of other stuff there.
(The maroons sleep there.)

Attachments

• hideout cabin.jpg
    hideout cabin.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 134
  • behind the cabin to the cave.jpg
    behind the cabin to the cave.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 122
I dont know about those guys walking around are useful in any way?
They are fake crewmembers of your own. Their dialog should allow you to spend time on the island.

Well Pieter, as we said yesterday, it's fun with unique stuff in the quests.
Be it items, characters, locations.
And it wouldn't be that easy to copy it anywaw as I have a lot of other stuff there.
(The maroons sleep there.)
The main point is to make the cabin of that shipwreck accessible, using the Vanderdecken cabin location.
It will serve a different purpose than in your storyline, of course, since it is just meant to expand on the intention of using that cave as a player hideout throughout regular play.
And the added hammocks (VERY COOL, by the way!) also wouldn't need to be there.

The Vanderdecken cabin sounds fine, maybe the best choice.
PS.I dont realy understand what you are saying with:Shhhh!!! It isn't even in the game.

Back