• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Making Citizen Dialogs

Cayman is the island, Grand Cayman is the town.

BTW: I noticed Charlestown DOES have a citizen dialog file already, but it isn't used by any characters and I've got no clue if it is correct.

So do I use #sGrand_Cayman# or #sCayman#? ^^

yes, I looked into it.. it should work.

So I only have to add a few citizens to Charlestown? no problem.

allright.. in that case I have to announce that I finished! :)
Just did Willemstad, Oranjestad and Cayman and quickly added a few citizens for charlestown.

I leave out Pointe a Pitre and Antigua, because I want to play a bit again and maybe get my Dutchman-addon fully to work.
But I will surely do Pointe a Pitre.. just not yet^^

Attachments

• Citizen_Dialogs.zip
    95.5 KB · Views: 81
Cool! Antigua isn't needed anyway; there ARE no citizens in a naval base. But the soldiers are helpful at times.

Do you know if that old Charlestown dialog is correct?

Also, we'll need them for Cartagena some time too. But we'll need locations for them to point to first! :rofl

Like I said, I just looked into it.. It seemed to be correct.. give me a sec, I'll start a new game now and test my work ;)

Ok Charlestown Dialog works, but the directions are wrong. I will simply upload a updated version just of the .h file tomorrow

okay.. as I promised, the proper charlestown dialog.. This is only the .h file, which simply should replace PROGRAM -> DIALOGS -> ENGLISH -> charlestown_citizen_dialog.h

Attachments

• Charlestown_citizen_dialog.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 92
Only ones still outstanding:
Pointe a Pitre, Guadeloupe - AoP single location with fairly clear sign-age: low priority: Assigned to Pillat
Buccaneers Camp, Hispaniola - Small location used mainly in quests: Assigned to Pillat
Cartagena, Colombia: EVENTUALLY as we need locations to point TO first

Do we even care about the Buccaneers Camp? I don't think we have to.

All other towns will need to be checked though. So keep talking to those citizens and make sure they don't say wrong stuff. :wp

Only two more towns needs to be done now:

Pointe a Pitre, Guadeloupe
Cartagena, Colombia

As per WIP 17, which will be posted later today, Cartagena has locations for the citizens to refer to.

Holy Sh*t Cartagena is BIG...
LOL! But I think there are only four location that would need citizens:
Port, Town (Jamaica copy), Centre (new model with church) and Palace Square.

Err... it has 2 taverns? Oo .. to which one should the player be guided?
Apparently Bartolomeu needs two for his story, which is why he added both.
I'd suggest guide the player to the one that the Fast Travel goes to as well.

alright, I will mention both in the dialog and lead the player to the first (jamaica-town). You get it tomorrow, I already made the citizens, only have to finish the dialog ;)

okay I'm done, but the console don't show the locations anymore, so I had to guess.. seems that my guess for Cartagena_town_02 was wrong.. how is the main town with the store and shipyard called?

nevermind, found an 'old' console from another Beta 3 WIP ;)

Attachments

• Cartagena citizen dialog.zip
    9.1 KB · Views: 95
Thanks a lot! I think that leaves only Pointe a Pitre, right? :cheers

okay I'm done, but the console don't show the locations anymore, so I had to guess..
You just have to set it to "switch(2)" and it'll work. It's a multi-purpose console. ;)

Back