• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Making Citizen Dialogs

oh okay.. I thought the 's' was needed, because it was there in the original file, too :shrug.
I will fix that as soon as possible.

Did I really forget to add citizens to Po Prince? :oops: I thought I had added them... Will add them.

I will edit grand turks dialog abit so it fits a bit better.
BTW: Did the rest of the grand turks dialog make sense? because I have this line "Fellow Im drunk as hell...." and then he said the population. I just commented that out, but didn't test if it worked.

oh okay.. I thought the 's' was needed, because it was there in the original file, too :shrug.
I will fix that as soon as possible.
It IS needed. Just one of the two files I checked didn't have it.

BTW: Did the rest of the grand turks dialog make sense? because I have this line "Fellow Im drunk as hell...." and then he said the population. I just commented that out, but didn't test if it worked.
I'm afraid I didn't test that far. Left it at "get it to work". :wp

okay well when I fixed that mistakes a have a look over it again.
But it sounds that it works even with the errors?
I can remember that I sometimes didn't changed the group of the characters when copy and pasted into a new town with an other nationality.. is that bad?

I can remember that I sometimes didn't changed the group of the characters when copy and pasted into a new town with an other nationality.. is that bad?
You mean the LAi group? It technically should match up, but it's not the end of the world.
A lot of the AI group code doesn't work properly anyway.

Pieter I just looked with Winmerge in our files.. it seems that I uploaded some "old" dialogs o_O I have so many PotC backups on my HDD that I can easily get confused^^
So all the errors you enlistened aren' there in my actual files :shrug
Po Prince indeed has citizens. ID's are unique and I recently even changed the towngirls greeting, so they should say something now^^.
I will simply test if every town I made until yet works proper, and then go on with Oranjested and Willemstad ;)

I just were on tortuga to test my cannons with vanderdecken: All works fine, just were a bit lazy, so there are sometimes no spaces between the words ('Good MorningWhat is it?') and 1 or 2 answers are senseless :D ('Where can I get my sword repaired?' 'There's noone on this island who can help you' 'Her you say? I have to check that') :D but it works ;)

I noticed that my citizens just stand on their locator until you talk to them. After the talking, they start walking :D

Really? I saw yours walk around in Santo Domingo for sure. Maybe you need the character init changes I did though?

Also, have a look at the two files I fixed to see how to disable that blacksmith dialog.

hmm I don't really want to disalbe this dialog :no 1. it gives you sometimes a hint where the next best blacksmith is and 2. I built-in an easter-egg, that links to our forum here, to encourage players to help :p

And it is not that bad that they don't walk at first.. you will recognize them a bit easier this way^^

EDIT: Ah they are indeed walking, just takes a few seconds ;)

seadogs2_0279.jpg ;)

hmm I don't really want to disalbe this dialog :no 1. it gives you sometimes a hint where the next best blacksmith is and 2. I built-in an easter-egg, that links to our forum here, to encourage players to help :p
I like your thinking. MUCH better than just disabling it! :onya

Haven't tested them yet, but I did make a few changes. See attached. :doff

Attachments

• DialogsV2.zip
    57.8 KB · Views: 89
Looks like the .c file was missing for Tortuga, so I made it (for WIP 14). Also made the following changes:
- Removed the number of citizens from the dialog when they answer as it was just a number after the end of the sentence
- Added some spaces here and there so words aren't joined together in bizarre fashion
- Removed the link to the blacksmith PERSON, because that still seemed to be copied from Martinique

Perhaps you can apply those changes to the other dialogs too?

Attachments

• Tortuga citizen_dialog.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 88
okay, merged your Tortuga dialogs with my other town dialogs. Should be fine now. The characters files are quite the same as you changed, I only included them here only for completeness ;)
Will finish Oranjested and Willemstad later, I think we have the most important ones then. What is with cayman? I heard that Tommy will not be online for quite a long time, did he managed to send you his files?

Attachments

• PROGRAM.zip
    59.1 KB · Views: 104
Haven't heard anything from Tommy on Cayman; you might as well do that too. :doff

Back