• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Minor bugs in Beta 3.3

Treasure quests: I hit two in a row and am now 7 for 19. Not so bad as when I was 5 for 17.

I got a good luck charm but no blade repair kit.

I set the Hibernian to o.2 and now they are all over the place. My crew prefers the Portagee sword and the Knights Templar sword so now I just sell all but the excellent ones. I just st the Hibernian to o.05.

Have you paid Orable his gold coin and listened to the rest of his information first? For good measure, have you also talked to Milon Blaque? The first thing Orable says, if you've been talking to Milon, is that he's heard you talking to Milon. Then, after you've paid him, he talks about smugglers, then pirates, and then - if you're still listening - he finally gets to talking about a boatswain.

At least, that's how it goes in the standard storyline in previous versions. I haven't tried either standard or Brave Black Flag under the current version of Beta 3.3.

Thanks gentlemen,

it worked. The option to talk about Fred was hidden in the dialogue at a place I didn's choose, because I thought it would end the chat.
Fread Bob is now a member of my crew.

A very quick test of the bladekit: I gave it to a character at game start. The item exists and is not corrupt.
So it's not a limit that's overridden.

skipsell = 1 you can't buy them
skiprand = 0 they can be found (chests/randitem)
rare = 0.02 maybe the chance is just low?

the "good luck charm" after the item is just a wrong description.

I made a complete new install this morning and played a little Brave Black Flag. In the tutorial where you get your first items I got a bladekit. So it is there.

A very quick test of the bladekit: I gave it to a character at game start. The item exists and is not corrupt.
So it's not a limit that's overridden.
There are other items which exist, are available if they've been specifically placed, but which I have not seen at random. The Portuguese Officers' Sword, for example - it exists, there's one fixed in a dungeon which I've picked up, but none of the many Portuguese I've defeated in combat have been carrying one.

skipsell = 1 you can't buy them
skiprand = 0 they can be found (chests/randitem)
rare = 0.02 maybe the chance is just low?
It could be the rarity. As an experiment, I swapped the bladekit and luckcharm round so that luckcharm was at the bottom of that section of "initItems.c", raised both their rarity values to 0.8, and put both their "skipsell" to 0. After pressing F11 and sailing to another island, I didn't find either of them while burgling the nearest fort but I did find both of them on sale. I've now put all the values back to normal but left them swapped round, and am now waiting to see which one shows up first.

But now I know what "skipsell" means, I don't need to waste time checking all the stores, street vendors and random civilian salespeople. :)

Yes, I guess it's the rarity. Compare with "compass1" rarity = 0,20. When you've found 10 Compass 1 you should have found 1 bladekit. (in average)

There are other items which exist, are available if they've been specifically placed, but which I have not seen at random. The Portuguese Officers' Sword, for example - it exists, there's one fixed in a dungeon which I've picked up, but none of the many Portuguese I've defeated in combat have been carrying one.
That blade is deliberately set to never appear at random, because it is a presentation sword that should be awarded to you.
I'm actually surprised it can be found in a dungeon somewhere. Which one is it?

Cheers,

I got a Portuguese Officers Sword, too. But surely not from a dungeon, since I didn't visit one. I got it from a portuguese ships captain I killed in duel on his quarterdeck.
:duel:
That was in the Brave Black Flag storyline.

I can't remember now where I found the Portuguese Officers' Sword. But the sword wasn't in a random chest, it was in one of the places where a sword is supposed to be. Someone must have specifically put it there because it didn't exist in the stock game; depending on which dungeon it was, you'd find either a Highlander, a Dragon's Tooth (now Arabic Scimitar) or a Falchion. I think the Dragon's Teeth / Arabic Scimitars have been showing up when I expected them but I'm not so sure about the Highlander or Falchion, which means it's likely to either be the Port Royale dungeon or the cave near Speightstown.

When did the Portuguese Officers' Sword become only for presentation? I'm fairly sure I had a lot of them in a previous game, possibly even the last run through "Assassin" which I did under Beta 3.2. Anyway, if that and other swords have been limited so you only get them awarded to you then that may explain why I haven't found any with nationalities assigned. Those which aren't awards are probably so low level that the "minlevel" mod prevents me from getting them now.

Check the initItems.c and search for "unique" to find which weapons are not supposed to be showing up at random.
I can't remember by the top of my head which ones they are. I thought the Portuguese Officer Sword was one of them, but I might be mistaken there.

Yes, the Portuguese Officer's Sword is on your list of unique items. So are the rest of the swords with nationalities that are high enough level not to be knocked out by "minlevel" and which are available in the "Spanish Main" era.

The French Admiralty Rapier isn't as unique as it's supposed to be. The guards at Martinique were all carrying it when they made the mistake of getting between me and the governor's residence during the "Alliance" part of the story. I now have several of it. :)

The Damascus Shamshir is in your list of unique blades as another Portuguese presentation blade, but in the list of all blades further up the file, it's listed as Pirate.

Soldiers get their weapons in a "special" way that overrides the "unique" code. I think the "soldier" code applies to certain ship captains as well.

Perhaps the Damascus Shamshir was supposed to be a PIRATE presentation blade? Check PROGRAM\NK.c for the actual code that hands out promotion rewards.

The Portagee soldiers carry the Portagee sword in the Sea Hawk storyline. It is time specific and is not around in the early periods.

The Portagee soldiers carry the Portagee sword in the Sea Hawk storyline. It is time specific and is not around in the early periods.
Correct. The soldier weapons are given at the bottom of PROGRAM\Periods.c .

Maybe you are trying WoodesRogers which is a special. Even if the Cheatmode is on it's set to off. o_O

No. I'm just messing about on "Jean Laffite" but only the French Infantry unit attack works, none of the others do, unless you have changed the keys for them?

Back