• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP MOD:Aop Pirates Desires

I doubt anyone is specifically familiar with CoAS caves. If you say what you want, perhaps some PotC tricks may be useful though. :shrug

i need all links to codes which apply to reflection effect in caves becouse i want apply same design on any metal thing like canons,fences etc or links for reflections used on weapons like swords etc

ill dig those later then hahah use it for patch maybe it would be nice to add reflections on cannons ofcourse with much less dense just to have a bit more realistic view on ships :D

My first impression is that probably you can't get reflections on cannons because of engine limitations.
Just like in PotC alpha maps don't work on character models either. :facepalm

UPDATE 2.38 - 19.3.2015

7 new characters added to game

Alex Storm
Tonzag - unknown son of Edward Theach
James Norrington
Jason Norrington - unknown son of James Norrington
Sharle Blaze - lost father of Blaze Devlin
Cursed Riwero - skeleton
Cursed Meriman - skeleton

Thanks to russian site Corsairs-Harbour.Ru for all these new character models

Retextured new characters and gave them my own names and background storys

UPDATE 2.42 - 21.3.2015

New models and textures for Small cabins thanks to russian site corsairs

Two questions:
1. What port is that in your first screenie? I have been there but can not remember where it is.

2. The ship in your other screenies is the Bermuda Sloop. I fixed the sails on that ship some time ago in POTC, but apparently never got her ported over to COAS. Do you want the repaired version? I also ported over a few other ships but they are in GOF2 already.

Very interesting mod you are building! :thumbs1

Its an english port not sure which one those are old screenshots.For ships ill test them.
i focused more on ui,graphics,textures,models etc becouse i combined CM and GOF with my mod so there is plenty of gameplay changes from those 2 mods i didnt want to mess with more to hit the wall somewhere :D

UPDATE 2.45 - 25.3.2015
Increased characters starting hp from 30 to 60

UPDATE 2.48 - 25.3.2015
removed nvidia trailer
added hd ati radeon logo trailer
created new Pirates ahoy logo trailer
Sanrid Facility Development intro trailer
Sanrid Facility Development Game trailer
Sanrid Facility Development credits trailer

fixed few minor bugs with videos examples:
credits video not opening in vanilla
fixed codes for main video(not showing if you rename it from vanilla name)
all videos are 720p quality and designed to fuse with each other

UPDATE 2.54 - 30.3.2015
Added reflections on house windows
Added reflections on ships glass and windows
improved weapon reflections
Fonar transparency and reflections added
New house textures for all towns

im working on something for irl atm but ill make instaler and publish in week or two it be alpha release so i can see how mod will act on other pcs and users im working at animal shelter(we made one and just started we have 30 dogs atm and 4 cats) so theres alot work with those hairy beasts :D

anyone can help me make instaler rar packed have 5.47gb and i cant use SFX couse its limited max 4gb also iexpress.exe cant do it...... any solutions except software which u need to pay :D
also unpacked mod is around 15gb :D

anyone can help me make instaler rar packed have 5.47gb and i cant use SFX couse its limited max 4gb also iexpress.exe cant do it...... any solutions except software which u need to pay :D
also unpacked mod is around 15gb :D
For PotC I made an Installer EXE that extracts a 7-Zip archive using the free NSIS.
The process isn't quite perfect yet, but it works.

Have a look at this PotC thread for explanations of the process along with my example files:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/improve-installer.21327/

Links to programs:
http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Main_Page
http://hmne.sourceforge.net/

Find attached also a ZIP with my latest files for this. And also some similarly based files for CoAS.
Hopefully this can help you on your way.

Attachments

• InstallerFilesPotC.zip
    578.7 KB · Views: 206
  • InstallerFilesCoAS.zip
    528.3 KB · Views: 204
or should i just rar it to 5.47gb and split it in 2 parts and make guide how to extract and copy/paste files? easyer until i manage to do instaler xD

Let me put it this way: There is a lot of user error with installers, even if you make the EXE as fool-proof as I know how to.
If you have the users do it all manually, there would be an even higher chance of that happening.

Here is the one I did for the CoAS "Historical Immersion Supermod" as another example:
http://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/COAS/aop2_coas_gof2-5_hi.exe
You might even be able to directly use that one and just replace the 7-Zip file it looks for.
Though making a new one with custom text and filenames is easy enough with the files I posted.

The options are there and a lot of the hard work has already been figured out for PotC.
So it isn't as hard as figuring it all out from scratch. It is up to you though.

there shouldnt be any errors all it will need to be done is fresh instal of aop:coas and paste files from rar into game directory thats all i made guide how to do it

Back