• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Nation's ranks - new ideas

No there isn't. But every time I got that promotion and tried to save the game, it would lock up. All promotions before and (so far) after that one give no problem. The long name is the only thing I could think of.

I got the last reward ship. :D The Boussole, a nice flushdeck frigate. I like that ship. Good choice for the French. :cheers

But, I got that undead officer back. :j3 I couldn't fire him because I already have, so out to the jungle we went once again. :walkplank But not before my ship, the Wicked Wench, disappeared while still in the shipyard. This is the same guy who made the Amsterdam disappear in Philipsburg. :glare:

So, getting the ships works well, but I have issues with some of the officers. That undead officer doesn't like to fight. If other officers are around he would hang back and sometimes not even draw his sword. Methinks it is going to take some time to work the bugs out of that.

No there isn't. But every time I got that promotion and tried to save the game, it would lock up. All promotions before and (so far) after that one give no problem. The long name is the only thing I could think of.
I'm sure I've read something about that same long name messing up savegames before, so perhaps we need to shorten it? I'm no expert on these ranks, so I'm not sure what would be suitable in its place.

I got the last reward ship. :D The Boussole, a nice flushdeck frigate. I like that ship. Good choice for the French. :cheers
I agree, but don't get to comfortable with the current reward ships! I'm currently working with A Drop O' Rum to create a sensible reward system based on nation AND period. More on that soon. ;)

But, I got that undead officer back. :j3 I couldn't fire him because I already have, so out to the jungle we went once again. :walkplank But not before my ship, the Wicked Wench, disappeared while still in the shipyard. This is the same guy who made the Amsterdam disappear in Philipsburg. :glare:

So, getting the ships works well, but I have issues with some of the officers. That undead officer doesn't like to fight. If other officers are around he would hang back and sometimes not even draw his sword. Methinks it is going to take some time to work the bugs out of that.

Yes, but I don't see how this undead ship stealing officer has anything to do with my modification, all I did was make the governors give us officers, there is nothing here that can cause such a thing! :shrug
What other mods are there that give officers? maybe we could tast there.

It wouldn't be the first time that long texts mess things up, so that's certainly a possible reason. :yes

Oh... as for the officers: I don't recommend using officers who are captain of a ship as shoreside officers as well.
It's better to have them as shore officer OR ship's captain, otherwise weird stuff might happen. :facepalm

Oh... as for the officers: I don't recommend using officers who are captain of a ship as shoreside officers as well.
It's better to have them as shore officer OR ship's captain, otherwise weird stuff might happen. :facepalm

Well, it's not even possible in my game. If an officer is a captain of a ship, then I simply cannot make him come to shore, stupid bastard disrespects his captain! :boom

Well, you give us officers who appear in a ship and also in the governors office so they are in two places at once, and I have been seeing some weird things.

As promised, here's a draft of a nation and period dependant ship reward system.

View attachment Reward ships.xls

I used some knowledge of my own, checked ships_init entries, looked through models in GM Viewer, and a little common sense to devise what I think seems like a good selection of ships. It is by NO means 100% balanced, as each nation had varying strengths and weaknesses in different periods, so in some cases one reward ship is better than another in the same period.
However, I have tried to include as many high-detail models and ships with custom textures as possible, to really show off some of the Build Mod's finest! This includes some HSP ships, plus some ships still to be added to PotC, and even some beautifully retextured stock ships! :woot
I must also stress that it is not 100% historically accurate either, but in my opinion it's close enough to be convincing.
So, please take a look, and tell me what you think. Any better ideas welcome! :cheers
It's likely that A Drop O' Rum will handle the coding here, using Pieter's suggestions, so this can be done as soon as we agree on the right ships.

I just looked through the list and there are some existing ships there that I have yet to sail. :onya Some I have only seen recently, like the Mordaunt11. :luv

questions: Will the SP Battlegalleon weathered have a crew? The one I have acquired twice does not. Will the Galleon5 be repaired or replaced with a new model or left as is?

We've converted pretty much all AoP/CoAS files to PotC walk now, so for all other ships -including SP Battlegalleon weathered-
it all depends on whether someone is willing to make a sailorspoints file for them.

As for replacing Galeon5: We will if someone makes a better similar ship, yes. :shrug

Guys, cmo'n, what do you think about Experienced Captain's time dependent ship build?
Suggestions and recomendations and welcomed, and are needed :whipa

So, post your commentaries, and I will mod the ship build :nk

I don't have much to add. I like the Mordaunt11, but it has a very 1800's look to it. I will go with the flow. What do the ones who got you started on this time dependent build think?

I like the Mordaunt11, but it has a very 1800's look to it.
How? Just her intricate stern says 17th C all over it. But I suppose she almost resembles a US ship from the 1800's with that paint job.
She looks older than even the 1700's to me (but that's with the knowledge that she's a 17th Century ship :cheeky ).

Yes, it is the paint job. Whitewash was very popular around here in the 1800's and well into the 1900's. So when I see all that white..... It's good to know that it is an earlier ship.

To me the ship choices sound good, but my historical knowledge isn't quite as well-developed as that of some others here. :no

To me the ship choices sound good, but my historical knowledge isn't quite as well-developed as that of some others here. :no
To be honest I'm pretty confident with the historical accuracy; it's how balanced it is that I'd like to hear opinions on. :?

This thread has gotten quiet. I'm about to start getting reward ships in my current game and am wondring if anything is coming up.

Back