• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Nation's ranks - new ideas

That's what I would recommend, yes. WinMerge is a great help for that.
I did move some code around though and cleaned up the file a little bit, which might be a bit confusing.
Give it a try and if you can't figure it out, let me know. :yes

Ok I merged it but somehow, your file, without my filling, is 65kb and the merged one in 56kb, is it possible? Or did I just go mad? :will

Try attached version. I made some additional changes in ship selection; feel free to discard them if you don't like it.
Other than that, there's some more fixes in there as well, along with some WIP code of mine that shouldn't interfere with anything.

Try attached version. I made some additional changes in ship selection; feel free to discard them if you don't like it.
Other than that, there's some more fixes in there as well, along with some WIP code of mine that shouldn't interfere with anything.

Ok it works. Thanks!

Ok - next, can someone please teach/show me how to make conversational options?

When I use the NK.c file from post #48 I get a good useable game.

When I use the NK.c file from post #65 the game will not start. The message is about some kind of bad termination in the engine.exe. :shrug

Sorry about that; I made a mistake in the file. Try this one instead.

Oh it didn't work? as I sayd before, I have a problem with the computer, I just thought that Pieter did it. :shrug

I want to get this down while it is fresh.
The latest NK.c file seems to work. I got the Portagee promotion first. I only got one ship this time, the Caravel which came empty, and the officer got my old ship. He still will not accompany me, so I can not give him weapons, armor, and meds.

Next came the Dutch promotion. I got the empty Amsterdam and the officer got my old ship.

:will CAUTION!! :will

At this point it is possible to have your new officer commanding a ship and also accompanying you so you can give him weapons, armor, and meds. If you do this you will end up with two of him! :j3 I believe this goes for the other nations as well. So you need to get him out of that ship before you bring him ashore to upgrade him. That is all for tonight.

Tryade: How does it work? Umm. This post should tell you how the latest NK.c file works. How do you install it? It goes in your PotC--> programs folder. Back up your old one first. :cheers

I want to get this down while it is fresh.
The latest NK.c file seems to work. I got the Portagee promotion first. I only got one ship this time, the Caravel which came empty, and the officer got my old ship. He still will not accompany me, so I can not give him weapons, armor, and meds.

Next came the Dutch promotion. I got the empty Amsterdam and the officer got my old ship.

:will CAUTION!! :will

At this point it is possible to have your new officer commanding a ship and also accompanying you so you can give him weapons, armor, and meds. If you do this you will end up with two of him! :j3 I believe this goes for the other nations as well. So you need to get him out of that ship before you bring him ashore to upgrade him. That is all for tonight.

Tryade: How does it work? Umm. This post should tell you how the latest NK.c file works. How do you install it? It goes in your PotC--> programs folder. Back up your old one first. :cheers

As I recall, when you get ship+officer, the officer appears or in the governers place or just outside it. you can upgrade him etc and then you need to put another officer to walk around with you because if he dies, the ship.. well.. dies :ko

About the ship - I belive I coded it to be full of the cargo from your old ship, but the old ship won't have any cargo. I will take another look at that, thanks for testing and helping me miklkit! :yoho

Tryade - At the first page, you will see our first ideas. So far, we have made about... 5% of them -_- :8q
We are trying to make the "working for nation for money, power and money" more exiting and we hope, that eventually we could even be politicians/pirates gone mad.

perfect. don't forget to add then a way to "steal" files from other governors sleeping rooms while no guard is on it and give them to the great governor on port royale. only for secret agents with a letter of marque.

hehe, a joke ofcourse.

good job., i'll download when it's done at 10%. :will

At Sao Jorge the officer does not appear in the Governors office. I can not get him to appear on land at all. At the other islands the officer appears in the Governors office, and if you check your ships he is also in your old ship. So I run to the shipyard and get him out of the ship and onto dry land before I upgrade him. I will gladly accept an empty ship as long as my old ship is not touched. My old ship is the XebecAS with the best cabin of them all and I will not let it go. :luv

That Portagee officer graciously agreed to set foot on land today. Seeing as he is sort of one way about things I gave him the Grandee outfit. We went out in the jungle and he did well. Later we got into a boarding fight and he decided he was needed elsewhere. :wp He is starting to get on my nerves. :slap

Man, stupid portugeese cheap governer. Where does he get those lame officers? I promise you that I will have a serious talk with the man!

[quote name='A Drop O' Rum' timestamp='1282990257' post='377563']Spain and portugal had very lousy ships[/quote]

[quote name='miklkit' timestamp='1283143763' post='377826']
What were the Portagees known for? I remember them from school as being explorers and traders. I would guess that some sort of Galleon would work for them.[/quote]

[quote name='Pieter Boelen' timestamp='1283205836' post='377913']
A nice caravel always sounds good for the Portugues to me. How about the "PO_Caravel50"? That's a nice ship.
Not too navy-like though. Maybe PO_FastNavy? :?
The GaleonW is indeed a War Galleon. It's intended to be more Spanish though...
[/quote]

I'm being a bit confused by those posts. We are still talking about preliminar coding & testing, aren't we? I sure hope the ship you get when you are promoted will first depend of the time period, than on national preferences, but never on fancy fantasy clichés... If I get a caravel playing in the XIX century I'll scream. :no

Who dare say shipbuilders in the Iberian peninsula were pity looser?! :p:

Back