• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Nation's ranks - new ideas

No worries, mate. Making it period-dependent shouldn't be much of a problem.
Just replace the ship-giving code with this:
Code:
	switch(GetCurrentPeriod())
{
case PERIOD_EARLY_EXPLORERS:
GiveShip2Character(pchar, "HMS_Bounty", "HMS Bounty", -1, ENGLAND, true, false);
break;

case PERIOD_THE_SPANISH_MAIN:
GiveShip2Character(pchar, "HMS_Sophie", "HMS Sophie", -1, ENGLAND, true, false);
break;

case PERIOD_GOLDEN_AGE_OF_PIRACY:
GiveShip2Character(pchar, "HMS_Surprise", "HMS Surprise", -1, ENGLAND, true, false);
break;

case PERIOD_COLONIAL_POWERS:
GiveShip2Character(pchar, "RN_BattleFrigate", "HMS Lydia", -1, ENGLAND, true, false);
break;

case PERIOD_REVOLUTIONS:
GiveShip2Character(pchar, "RN_LightBrig", "HMS Lydia", -1, ENGLAND, true, false);
break;

case PERIOD_THE_CORSICAN:
GiveShip2Character(pchar, "RN_Sloop_of_War", "HMS Lydia", -1, ENGLAND, true, false);
break;
}
Obviously you'd have to adjust the ships and names; the above is just an example that is definitly NOT period-correct.

All we'd need is some input on which ships to actually use.
Obviously Pgargon's various ships would make very good candidates.
Most of the are in the Historical Ship pack by Experienced Captain, but those are mainly British ones.
Pgargon's been working on Spanish and French ones as well though, which could be put to use brilliantly here.
It'd also give an additional purpose to this mod, namely to give the player a definite way to get himself one of those nice ships.

As for dialog options, unfortunately I don't have the time to help you with that at the moment.
Maybe in a month or so. Ideally we'd need to put some standardized code in all the governors' dialogs,
otherwise you'd need to update about 30 files, which is not the best...

All we'd need is some input on which ships to actually use.
Obviously Pgargon's various ships would make very good candidates.
Most of the are in the Historical Ship pack by Experienced Captain, but those are mainly British ones.
Pgargon's been working on Spanish and French ones as well though, which could be put to use brilliantly here.
It'd also give an additional purpose to this mod, namely to give the player a definite way to get himself one of those nice ships.
^ I'm liking this idea! ^ :woot What a great way to let the player experience these amazing ships!
I do realise that some of them (e.g Victory) are quite rare, (e.g based on Manowar encounter probabilities), so this would help to allow the player to get them for themselves.
And if this is to go ahead, I'd imagine we'd need to merge the ship pack with the next patch as standard. Which, by chance, is what I'd like to do anyway. I've begun to realise that maintaining the separate download to be up-to-date with the latest patches is going to be a real pain for me, and I won't always have time to do that. :modding For that reason, along with this reward idea, I think it would work better to eventually ditch the download and incorporate it in Patch 4.

There's NO WAY that I'm going to NOT include the Historical Ship Pack in the final Patch 4, mate!
As soon as I get back home. I'll make a proper Patch 4 which includes it. :yes

There's NO WAY that I'm going to NOT include the Historical Ship Pack in the final Patch 4, mate!
As soon as I get back home. I'll make a proper Patch 4 which includes it. :yes
Excellent! :onya

I just got my free ship at Havana. More or less...... :eek:k

In the governors office all went well. I immediately ran to the shipyard to see what I had and to get the new officer out of any ships so there would not be two of him. The officer is ok, with only one of him. The ship I got was a class 1 heavy war galleon! :shock: I have seen these things before, but never had one. It looks to be a good ship, but it has no crew.
At first my xebecAS was moved to slot 4. Then it was replaced with a lateen caravel. Then by the time I got back to the merchant to provision the fleet there was no ship there! :twisted: Then when it was time to leave there were 4 ships again. :j3 The 4th ship was a class 1 heavy pinnace of war! :nerbz I don't think the Spanish are supposed to be that generous. Two giant ships is a bit much. :rumgone

Hey guys.. missed me?? Oh stop it.. you are embaressing me! haha..

So, mikikit, I will change the generousity of the evil Spanish, although they were very filthy rich and were known for being generous to the people who help them.
About the time perid and everything else, I can change it but it will be of no good because of all the buggs our little testy(mikikit.. thanks!) is pointing out, which are caused by the lack of option to choose whether you would like the reward or tell the governers to piss off!
Until one of the experienced modders will be availible and teach me how to optionise governer dialogues, I am useless! :ko

I was wondering where you were. :drunk

My memory tells me that the first time I did this the Spanish Governor gave me a heavy frigate. Could you imagine getting La Courone from the French and that new Galeon the Felipe from the Spanish? :)) For the XIX century it would have to be a steamship though. Sooner or later someone will help you out with the dialogues.

Remind me when I get back home again and I'll try to help you with those dialog options.

Ok, I started a new game and just got my first rewards ship. It turned out to be the Portagees. Everything went according to plan, with me receiving a caravel. The only thing wrong was I got 2 officers who will not set foot on land, and the ship was empty. On the other hand, now that I have some cargo capacity I will soon have the dubloons to go to VD and check out that Grandee. Next up will be either the Spanish or Dutch.

I just made it back to Grenada for the first time since I got the reward ship. Everything went well until it was time to leave. It didn't ctd, but totally locked up when I tried to save the game. Alt-ctrl-delete was the only way out. This happened twice in a row. Then I went in, sold my cargo, and left and it worked normally. This got me thinking. I got another promotion with a really long title, and I remember someone had a problem with a too long Portagee title a while back. Could that be it?

Well, I stayed up way too late last night trying to sort this out and am fuzzy headed this morning, so this might be a little disjointed. :j1

First off there are ctd's by the bucketload. Mainly during boarding, so I am trying to avoid that.

Lessee. Got the Portagee reward ship ok. Got the Spanish reward ship ok,a giant galleon with no crew, went to VD and traded it for the Wicked Wench. This is a new game and VD is still messed up. Went to Philipsburg for the Dutch reward ship. Now it gets weird. Strange things going on in the Caribbean. The officer I got is one who died in combat a while back. :8q Then the reward ship disappeared but that officer stayed. :j3 I have since learned that the disappearing ships are related to this officer. It happened again later and using saves I traced it to him. Too bad. He is a very good officer now.

But wait! There is more! Again at Philipsburg, while in the shipyard I spotted a "light corvette" I think it was. Purchased it, and went out to the dock to see what it was. It was a 56 gun monster with 560 man crew! :8q I managed to keep this one by changing officers. I'm playing the Elizabeth Shaw quest and it will come in handy at Cayman, where I'm going.

So, whatcha think? Time for a complete new install, by the looks of things. :rumgone

Now that IS some pretty weird stuff, but this specifically caught my attention:
But wait! There is more! Again at Philipsburg, while in the shipyard I spotted a "light corvette" I think it was. Purchased it, and went out to the dock to see what it was. It was a 56 gun monster with 560 man crew! :8q I managed to keep this one by changing officers. I'm playing the Elizabeth Shaw quest and it will come in handy at Cayman, where I'm going.
I believe I set pgargon's HMS Greyhound to be the "Light Corvette". She's a 20-Gun 6th Rate with 120 crew! :blink:
The only 56-Gun ships are the "56-Gun 4th Rate" and the "Spanish Heavy War Galleon!"
Is your current install Patch 4 + HSP + my fixes? In that order (I think)? Cos otherwise something really weird has occurred!

Finished Elizabeth Shaw, and that 56gun 4th rate did come in handy. The last I saw of the Flying Dutchman she was limping off to the southeast at .8knots. :piratesahoy! That quest went very well!

I could have had the Greyhound? :facepalm 1000 curses! In the shipyard it was a class 6 ship with 20 guns. Methinks it was the undead officer doing that. Hmmm. Will he get the bilgemonkey outfit, or the Vanderdecken outfit? :nerbz

This install is titled POTC B14 + P4WIP + HSP + MISC, so I would say they were installed in that order. Yes, it is all too strange and I'm tempted to just dump this install and start over. I've done the reward ships before and didn't have these issues. But there are only two left to go, the English and French. :nerbz

Finished Elizabeth Shaw, and that 56gun 4th rate did come in handy. The last I saw of the Flying Dutchman she was limping off to the southeast at .8knots. :piratesahoy! That quest went very well!

I could have had the Greyhound? :facepalm 1000 curses! In the shipyard it was a class 6 ship with 20 guns. Methinks it was the undead officer doing that. Hmmm. Will he get the bilgemonkey outfit, or the Vanderdecken outfit? :nerbz

This install is titled POTC B14 + P4WIP + HSP + MISC, so I would say they were installed in that order. Yes, it is all too strange and I'm tempted to just dump this install and start over. I've done the reward ships before and didn't have these issues. But there are only two left to go, the English and French. :nerbz

mikikit you need to install the build this way - POTC B14 +$P3$+ P4WIP + HSP + MISC
That's probably the cause to your trouble.
I changed the Spanish reward ship to a Spanish Frigate and soon will make it period depandent.

Attachments

• NK.c
    68.8 KB · Views: 68
Ah, I neglected to say that instead of doing a new install I copied a working install that already has P3 in it, and then added the other items.

I don't know why the officers can be so touchy. I got the English ship last night and all went exactly as anticipated. There seems to be a certain sequence of events that you have to follow or else. I just keep forgetting it. :facepalm It seems to be: get the ship, go to the shipyard, swap ships, replace officer. Methinks I was replacing the officer while still in the governors office. One has to replace the officer in order to give him weapons and meds.

OK, maybe when I get to doing the conversations I can add the "instructions", somthing like - "You need to do (this and that..) or else your officer will think you are neglecting him and won't come to shore! You could replace him, but he is very good, I wouldn't suggest that haha.."
Just a working theory HAHA!! :doff

I would like to hear the experiences others are having with this. I might be giving you bad data.

Maybe, but I checked your "instructions" and they worked, otherwise the lame officers won't come to greet their f***ing captain!!!! :whipa

I just made it back to Grenada for the first time since I got the reward ship. Everything went well until it was time to leave. It didn't ctd, but totally locked up when I tried to save the game. Alt-ctrl-delete was the only way out. This happened twice in a row. Then I went in, sold my cargo, and left and it worked normally. This got me thinking. I got another promotion with a really long title, and I remember someone had a problem with a too long Portagee title a while back. Could that be it?

I believe that is the problem. The problem title is Capitao-de-Mar-e-Guerra. I tried getting that promotion several times and the game locked up every time. This time I got 3 promotions up to Vice-Almirante and had no lock up.

Back