• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Nation's ranks - new ideas

Actually, I didn't test with NK.c at all; I executed the code straight through PROGRAM\console.c,
because I don't have time to play enough to be promoted.
I'll have a look at that NK.c file and see what gives.

[quote name='A Drop O' Rum' timestamp='1282729335' post='377102']
So, you are a modder now and a good way to be able to mod without game interferences is to make a copy of the whole game, with the saves, patches and etc.
Like that, you could "experiment" there and play in your real one.
[/quote]

You don't have to be a modder to do that. I've been playing it safe for a while now and have several versions of B14 on my hd. Anyway, I started a new game last nite with a character called "Tester". He will be up to your promotion level soon. :dance

I just tried the code you've got in your NK.c and I see what you mean; he DOESN'T get a very high character level.
Then I changed his officer type from CAPNAVY to NAVIGATOR and suddenly he became real good.
So my recommendation: Don't use OFFIC_TYPE_CAPNAVY, but use one of these instead:
OFFIC_TYPE_BOATSWAIN
OFFIC_TYPE_CANNONEER
OFFIC_TYPE_QMASTER
OFFIC_TYPE_NAVIGATOR
OFFIC_TYPE_FIRSTMATE
OFFIC_TYPE_CARPENTER
OFFIC_TYPE_DOCTOR
OFFIC_TYPE_ABORDAGE

Ok I think that I will use the OFFIC_TYPE_FIRSTMATE, it sound reasonble, because he gives you a reward officer and there is always a shortage of good first mates HAHAHA!!

Why is it a FR_BattleFrigate for all nations? I think the ship should be nation-dependent.
Eg. a RN_BattleFrigate for England, the Amsterdam for the Netherlands, etc.

Done!

England - RN_BattleFrigate

Holland - NL_Amsterdam

France - FR_BattleFrigate

(Spain and portugal had very lousy ships, so for Portugal I gave a ship, with abit more firepower then the rest, and Spain, I gave a US ship, because we can't obtain ranks from the US)
Spain - US_HeavyFrigate

Portugal - PO_Manowar

This is tested, and can be downloaded and maybe.. attached to next patch? ;)

New subject - How do I change the governer's dialogue according to the reward?

Attachments

• NK.c
    56.9 KB · Views: 68
You can't get ranks from the US? Have you tried? If not, we'll need to add that. :yes

No I havn't tried, I think I'm wrong there, but where are US islands? and governers? and in the NK file there isn't a "give promotional reward" case about the US.

Well, better late than never. :rolleyes: I can confirm that it does indeed work. I happened to get the French ship first. The officer has a bit higher rating than I do. I'm 25 and he is 27. The ship was sitting in port provisioned and upgraded. :drunk I'm off to get the Portagee ship tomorrow. :keith

Man! Those Portagees sure are generous. :doff The officer I got is a 37. :dance The 100gun MoW is a pretty thing, but for some reason my class 3 Spanish Fast Galleon has been replaced by a class 1 Heavy East Indiaman. :shoot: I've got some battle fleet now! :piratesahoy!

Lessee...where to next. :j2

Man! Those Portagees sure are generous. :doff The officer I got is a 37. :dance The 100gun MoW is a pretty thing, but for some reason my class 3 Spanish Fast Galleon has been replaced by a class 1 Heavy East Indiaman.
To me, a 100-Gun Manowar seems FAR too generous compared to the other reward ships. :shock
Isn't there a more reasonable Portuguese ship to give the player?
And why on earth has your other ship been replaced, too? :blink:

Addendum: The officer has changed to a 21 now. Fred Bob is a 37. Also, while he appears on my passenger list and I can move him to the active list he will not show up with me so I can not give him weapons and meds. I will try to give him a ship next.

Having no need for a ship with 1000+ crewmen that MoW is now laid up in ordinary. Maybe it will come in handy at Cozumel. It turns out that the Indiaman was delivered empty! That means I lost my upgrades, crew, cargo, food and ammo. The Portagees giveth, and the Portagees taketh away. :rumgone

This brings up something else. Can you get a rating higher than class 3? I don't want to take a hit for sailing a class 1 ship when I am a class 3 rated Captain.

Man! Those Portagees sure are generous. :doff The officer I got is a 37. :dance The 100gun MoW is a pretty thing, but for some reason my class 3 Spanish Fast Galleon has been replaced by a class 1 Heavy East Indiaman.
To me, a 100-Gun Manowar seems FAR too generous compared to the other reward ships. :shock
Isn't there a more reasonable Portuguese ship to give the player?
And why on earth has your other ship been replaced, too? :blink:

I'm sorry guys, I know the MOW is too much and I will change it. Any ideas on a good Portueguese like ship?

Experienced Captain, I asked above where to find the governers dialogs and if there is a case about "give reward" or somthing... Plus, :facepalm , sorry guys but I don't know how to make different talk choices..

So far I have them all but the English ship. :beer Something happened with the French and Spanish ships in the shipyards, and they got sold when I was there. I am not comfortable with the Connie but wanted to keep that Spanish heavy frigate. :cry That Portagee MoW is a bit much. What were the Portagees known for? I remember them from school as being explorers and traders. I would guess that some sort of Galleon would work for them. :shrug That Dutch ship is a keeper! I think of it as a frigate with a cargo hold. :onya I see that the English ship is a frigate. I hope it is the Surprise. :luv

I have four officers so far. One will not touch land. The other three will follow me around town. I have not taken them into the jungle yet. BUT!!!! During boarding battles they are no where to be seen. :facepalm They are not long for this world. :walkplank

Dialog? I got the message when this guy appeared behind me. :shock Don't worry, you are doing far far better than I am. :eek:ops2

Ok I can give the Portugees some sort of War-Galleon.
What I meant with the dialog was that I want to make the governers before replacing your ship, ask you if you want it... Because if you don't, I just bet, alot of other people will. :shrug

Ok, I changed the ship being given by Portugal to GaleonW which I assume is a war Galleon. I has a good amount of cargo hold, crew and cannons.

I have another nice thing - when you will get the ship, you will keep the cargo from the old one+ I changed the name of the ship that is given according to the nation -

England - Fortune
Holland - Frotune, in Dutch.. help me!! Stupid babylon...(somthing like - zn. lotgeval; fortuin; geluk; vermogen, rijkdom; lotsbeschikking; lot )
Portugal - (s. sorte, fortuna; boa sorte, sucesso; riqueza, propriedades, bens; demasiado caro; acaso; destino )
France - (n. fortune; hasard; chance; sort; réussite; bonheur; prospérité; richesse; destin )
Spain - Fortuna

There is only US islands in the last two time periods, so the Master and Commander and Hornblower storylines.
There is no promotion reward code yet, but we can add that. :yes

As for class ratings, this has been messed up since we added the class 8 ships. :modding
It appears you CAN'T get a class 1 rating at the moment, which is pretty stupid. :facepalm

A nice caravel always sounds good for the Portugues to me. How about the "PO_Caravel50"? That's a nice ship.
Not too navy-like though. Maybe PO_FastNavy? :?

The GaleonW is indeed a War Galleon. It's intended to be more Spanish though...

For the Dutch ship name I like the idea of "Fortuyn".

See the attachment for my current edition of NK.c. This ExCLUDES all of A Drop O' Rum's modifications.
However, it does include some fixes of mine and the addition of the America promotion code and some pirate promotion code as well.

Back