• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Included in Build New Fetch Quest for 3.3 Needs Testing

Uh? Can you post the files you've got that with? Never saw that before. o_O

Here is the new version.
Take a look at how nice I did the dialogs :). You could use it for whatever you want :).
But its giving the error in the error.log

Here is a example of the errorlog:
Code:
COMPILE ERROR - file: storyline\JackSparrow\dialogs\Everard Gordon_dialog.c; line: 687
duplicate label: default
COMPILE ERROR - file: storyline\JackSparrow\dialogs\Everard Gordon_dialog.c; line: 687
RUNTIME ERROR - file: seadogs.c; line: 743
Ghost A reference
COMPILE ERROR - file: dialogs\Oweyn McDorey_dialog.c; line: 158

The game is running it all nice so no problem with it, just filling up the error log.

Perhaps "default" is something already defined elsewhere in the code. What happens if you just rename it to, say "standard" or "additional_options" or something?
I can't study this in-depth at the moment, but it sure DOES look interesting. But what is that "default" dialog case necessary for anyway?
Not seeing its purpose at the moment; though that may also be because it is a bit on the late side here.... :wp

Have to be careful with those link.l# lines too; they could possibly overwrite stuff that is in the main dialog.c file.

Not sure what having those #include lines there would have for effects, but I've never seen them used like that before.
They're always kept outside any functions because they load a file straight away. I think it might cause errors if used this way.
Would definitely cause problems if any files use the same name for its dialog array.

The LoadSegment might be more appropriate, since you load that only when needed and unload it afterwards.
Unfortunately, that same function is what has been causing massive problems for the quest system because sometimes the game "forgets" what it is supposed to have loaded.
Probably isn't much of a problem if you load it and then unload it straight away. At least then it is "reminded" right before using it.

I can't use anything else.
default is the case when none of the options match. So you for example want to go to case "fetch". It searches it but it doesn't find it. Then it goes to default. This is a build in function of C.

more info: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/66k51h7a.aspx

Those include lines are placed there cause they are only needed for that case. else they aren't needed. I don't load data I dont need.
As its loaded in a function it should be unloaded after the function is done (or am I used to java to much now?).

To explain it a bit more.

You can add what ever you want in Add Dialog and add the piece of code to a dialog file and give it a name. For example "tavern". When the game asks for a certain case which can't be fount it goes to AddDialog and searches the "tavern" part there. Then it can still get that piece of dialog. You can assign another .h file to it etc.
You can also use it for only 1 option as also used in here.

It enables you to easily add a piece of dialog which has to be added to many different persons.

I Think I found a solution already.
I can remove the "//DeleteAttribute(&Dialog,"Links");" from AddDialog so the links will be saved. Then I can just put the function after the switch to have the same effect. It's a little bit less effective but it doesn't output errors :).
Let's see if it works for all cases.

Edit: Seems to work :bounce it runs without errors now :).

Edit2: Here is the new fixed version. Please test if you have time and let me know if you find errors which could also be in spelling or grammar.

Last edited:
New version. This one is able to detect if there is a tailor/shipyard or smith in town and assign a quest to them.
For now only the shipyard is enabled and the others disabled because I have to make the dialog first.

Well then here is an even newer version :).
The tailor now also works. So its possible you get a quest for the tailor or the shipyard.
Also changed:
+When you ship isn't large enough you get a special message and questbook update you can go on but it can still expire so you should hurry
+Little experience added after quest is done
+Made the amount of money you earn with the quest dependable on level and commerce skill and difficulty

Indeed. I updated the firstpost. It has a todolist which I would like todo before I call it BETA. When its in BETA It would be good enough to really enjoy it already. Then I will add more features to it lateron so it becomes even better and more incorperated into the game.

In that case, I've got to ask: I'll be leaving for a bit over a week this Thursday.
Do you want me to include this in a modpack update for people to try out in the meantime?
Up to you, mate. :doff

I will try to work on it a bit more today. so somewhere round 6 I will probally upload a new version for you which you can use. Is that okay?

Fine by me. I can't guarantee I'll have time to make a new modpack update before I leave, but I'll try.

Here is the most recent version.
It has tailor and shipyard enabled and can be activated in:
- Alice
- Spleigtown
- Grand Cayman
- Phillipsburg
- Tortuga

It also is mostly dependable on the skills and difficulty now, and there are more options for the kind of cargo you have to deliver. Some might be hard to get by if you still want to end up with a profit.
I hope it will work and I'm looking forward to some reactions.

The "my rival" quest is disabled for now so it wont conflict with savegames when I do release it.

Cool! I don't think I'll be able to put this into an update yet (not much time left for me), but hope people will try this out for you. :doff

No problem mate! Thanks for checking it out :cheers

Anyone been able to test this mod already?
I'd like to know if there are any glitches and if you find any dialog mistakes or if you think certain dialog has to be changed.

Back