• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Planned Feature Using VCO location (non caribbean locations)

Talisman

Smuggler
Storm Modder
This topic is for discussing adding 'new' location to the game or replacing existing ones.
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/non-caribbean-locations.20772/#post-485251
this post contains more info

----
Exactly. Plenty of opportunity for putting them to good use!
But if we ARE going outside the Caribbean, the towns had better look well different!

What towns are there in Voyage Century Online? That's where Bartolomeu got one of the Cartagena locations from.
That looks fairly European. What else is there?

I thought Bartolomeu used some locations from Sea Dogs for Cartagena:checklist

I could be mistaken though.

:drunk
Or it could be the that I have just drunk too much rum. :rumgone

:rofl

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Bartolomeu used some locations from Sea Dogs for Cartagena:checklist

I could be mistaken though.
I never played either game. Does this look like Sea Dogs to you?
Cartagena.jpg

yes exactly :p my own version on that style of map :D (and i will do again for the new one ! ;) )
If you ARE going to do it for the new one, could you make a high-detail version like the one on the ModDB so we can replace that?

:no - far to high quality - You were right Voyage Century Online it is.
Eeeexcellent! That game uses the Storm engine too, so all locations are GM files same as PotC.
This is their worldmap:
VCO%2BWorld%2BMap.jpg

Jack Rackham has all the game files and is already using some of them for a new storyline of his:
they've got everything. From Stonehenge to Peking.
So I'd say Singapore is becoming a VERY real possibility! :woot

How do you mean?
Those shore outlines looked a bit too "firm" to me on the screenshot. But perhaps it looks better when zoomed in the game. :shrug

Yep. And some Middle-Eastern towns. Maybe even capitals from ALL nations in the game!
Hmm.... Amsterdam.... :love

just thought about this: Can we also import the seasides from Voyage Century? If not, we won't have the possibility/time to design the ports for the cities (the sea-side ports), do we? Would it than be possible to instantly go to the city without sailing to the port (And of course the other way round, too)?

Posts above split from the New Worldmap thread, since this isn't a current project just yet.
Anyway, I've got all locations from Jack Rackham and will be looking through.

There's ALL sorts! Will post screenshots of the most interesting ones later. :doff

Exactly. I'm sure we could make that work, even if it would take some doing to begin with.

Going even further, I was thinking that while I don't think we can make a worldmap for those other areas, perhaps we CAN get DirectSail to work there.
After all, that goes by actual worldmap coordinates at the moment. But we could probably make it use fake coordinates in Europe/Asia too.
So sailing from Amsterdam to London shouldn't be too impossible. It'd take some doing for certain, but it can probably be done if we'd set our minds to it.
Not something to do soon, but not something to discard either. :cheeky

Could be the southernmost coast of Florida protruding from the north western corner edges of the mapscreen, with st.Augustine, not necessary to be scaling exact so much.

The worldmap isn't big enough for that to fit; I asked Armada already. We'd need to add a teleportation arrow to send you to, say, Charlestown.

You can download the file below containing screenshots of 34 VCO locations. You can find shores, ports, inside and outside locations. towns, mazes, grottos, wrecks, mine and even a pirate town.(see screenshots)
About the screenshots, don't worry if some locations are a bit 'empty'. For instance, for the outside locations, the trees are in another gm.file you must install later in the game.

This topic could be used by people for telling where those locations could be installed in POTC.
The mine should be used for the "silver train quest". For the pirate town, I really want it in the game :cheeky but where to install it?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7jmrtbwzf1ooh35/vco locations.zip

capture_015_07072014_200620.jpg capture_016_07072014_200643.jpg capture_017_07072014_200654.jpg capture_018_07072014_200746.jpg capture_019_07072014_200819.jpg capture_020_07072014_200931.jpg capture_021_07072014_201057.jpg capture_022_07072014_201125.jpg capture_023_07072014_201303.jpg

I would be nice to use it as Tortuga. Not sure how much work that would be? (quests, island etc)

That old discussion of how to expand/get acess to other part of the world is still interesting I think.
VCO have very nice japanese locations for ex.
I want to sail around the world! (or at least get there by teleportation)

This depends also on what POTEHO will show up to be.

Back