• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Planned Feature Using VCO location (non caribbean locations)

Is this thread going to continue. I mean, is it really possible to put the entire voyage century WM? It would be an amazing step for POTC!!!

Another possibility would be that even if you can't sail directly across the world, it would provide the opportunity to write a new storyline based somewhere else. If Arabian ports are available, someone could try a "Sinbad" storyline, for example... (Mentioned only because "Sinbad" is currently being shown on TV here, I watched an episode last night and wondered if PoTC could be modified to do that. And that was before I saw this thread. :D)

Maybe thats even easier, because the files are already in GM format, or might I be wrong?

Replacing the worldmap (again) is not going to happen. Not sure if the game engine would even support one that is "too" large.

The one thing that does seem doable is to use "teleport" locations at the edge of the worldmap to skip to, say, one specific European port.
But while that is technically possible, who is going to do it? We don't even have people to fix and finish what we have, let alone add more stuff.
Fixing and finishing is also much, much, MUCH more important.

That would be Fantastic :D
Uhm... What would? :confused:

For some reason there are these invisible walls all over the place. When I run into one I slide along it until the chest icon appears and then hit the space bar. Sometimes this gets me past it and sometimes I get turned around and pushed back.
It is bad for game play and tedious.
That might be why that SL_Utils.c file was in all storylines. I didn't quite understand that....

So as far as new locations are concerned, is there anything we should definitely keep? Should we perhaps have a poll on it?

Hello, I'm not really certain where to put something like this so I figured here would be the most relevant as this is more pondering what is to come/possible than brainstorming.

I've been playing PotC since ~2005-2006 and found the Build Mod in 2007 and have been addicted ever since and as a fan of all the work that has already been put into this mod, I began to wonder what else could potentially be added in the years to come. With the addition of new islands and cities/towns and now with the addition of Colombia/Cartagena (which are obviously on the continent of South America) would it be possible to add more continents and expand the world map further? Maybe adding Continental North America with places like Florida and the coastal cities in the Gulf of Mexico, or expanding North up the Eastern US? Could it be possible to add a great portion of the Atlantic and most of Europe or Africa?

I know the amount of work required for such things is enormous and my question is more of a speculation into if those things are even possible to achieve with the current engine or at all possible. Obviously that sort of expansion would take years just to create and on top of that the quest and storyline tweaks or additions would take a while as well. The amount of changes from the stock game to what the Build Mod has to offer is already incredible considering this is (at least to my knowledge) on a volunteer effort and it's only been 10-11 years, so I am curious if anyone has similar thoughts or ideas and can tell me just how achievable or far-fetched something like this is.

:ahoy

Adding more locations is possible but not probable. You are correct that it would be an enormous undertaking requiring many dedicated and skilled volunteers many years to accomplish.

The reality is that there is no one who is willing to put that effort into POTC. All of the people who could do it have moved on to HOOCOTS and a new engine.

You might be interested in this site and also the forum at the top of the site. http://www.heartsofoakgame.com/

I was unaware of what Hearts of Oak was exactly and after reading about it, I'm very excited to see that finished! I'm glad to see the first standalone game from PA! and if the work that has been done on the mods over the years is any correlation, I'm sure it will be incredible and highly sought after.

As I said, I have more quests to do for the Bartolomeu and Assassin storylines (the Maya quest for the first one and the Cartagena quest 'Elting side' for the second one without talking I already think about a quest following the Maya quest for the Bartolomeu one:rolleyes: Maybe it's time for him to return to Europe:ninja). So, unfortunately, I cannot work on the Buccaneer storyline.:(

For the towns, we can import some VCO locations fortunately :rolleyes:. Even for the outside locations, we can adapt something with VCO. That is for Spain and Portugal but I'd like to have also a Morocco location. Fortunately again, we have some oriental locations in VCO. The only problem would be the outfits for the character models in Morroco.

I still think the best way to fullfill this is to 'teleport' to the port locations.. a simple arrow on the worldmap that teleports you to e.g. London Port Entrance ;)

Back