• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Pc Upgrade

What should I upgrade?

• The GPU

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • The Processor

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • The Motherboard

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • My RAM

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • The Case (Haf 932)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Expriment 2: One by one the RAM sticks: try 2: other ramsticks. FAILED: Can't get them back in. AAAAAAAAAAAARRRGGHH!!! :faceslamintocomputerscreendangit

The ram only goes one way. Are you trying to install them upside down? I have done that.

I could try that. It's probably that...

Last edited:
Awesome mate! Glad you got it at least working! Sounds like it was definitely some bad ram, you can try adding one stick at a time and see how many good ones you have. You know the one that is in there now is good anyway.

lol, yeah I bet, especially with Windows 10. Microsoft is update crazy and doesn't even bother to tell you what the updates actually do anymore, it must not be important. :wp

2 gig will get you by, at least while you plan to spend all that money you have saved up on a new computer. The best part is you fixed it yourself, and also learned a few things along the way! :onya

lol, yeah I bet, especially with Windows 10. Microsoft is update crazy and doesn't even bother to tell you what the updates actually do anymore, it must not be important. :wp
There is also the perpetual "Microsoft Spam" in Windows 7 now where it begs me to upgrade to Windows 10 every time my computer boots up.

Yeah, that is really quite annoying as well, Microsoft is fast becoming even more annoying than Adobe. Have a look at THIS article mate, they describe two different ways of getting rid of that upgrade crap. That little GWX Control Panel applet is pretty handy, I installed that one on my sisters computer. If you decide later to upgrade, you can turn it back on, much easier than editing the registry.

lol, yeah I bet, especially with Windows 10. Microsoft is update crazy and doesn't even bother to tell you what the updates actually do anymore, it must not be important
I think they do though...

Last edited:
And do you guys know what 4 gig of ram stick fits into my computer? I would like bit more ram, because I would like my computer not to have crazy lagspikes and I don't think ddr2 4 gig is that more expensive than 1 or 2 gig.

Unfortunately mate, as I stated earlier, the max ram you can get per stick is 2 gig. Your motherboard chipset does not support 4 gig sticks, which is why the max amount of ram your computer will hold is 8 gig total. To do that, you will need to purchase 4 sticks of 2gig DDR2 800 ram. Two sticks of 2 gig ddr 800 like THESE, would get you to 4 gig of ram.

Those are (far) more expensive then I had imagined them to be...

Yes, ddr2 is much more expensive than it used to be as it is getting hard to find anymore. You would be better served to save your money for a new motherboard, cpu, and modern ram.

Oh yes! I forgot to tell you, that I have been busy with a 3D-program called blender. I would like to show you guys the results:

Attachments

• Blender Renders.zip
    204.1 KB · Views: 148
Nice work mate, looking pretty good. Blender is a great 3D program, and best of all, it is open source! :onya

If you guys want I can maybe try to model some (simple) things for HoO?
Maybe there is desperate need of a snowman, anywhere? :razz

Back