• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Period Weapons

A small thought about the blades :

In the past, if I don't make any mistakes, we decrease the price of them because of the possibility of looting corpses... And, we could easily earn money, right ?

Why not prevent the player of having, for instance, more than three blades with him ? (same thing for the guns by the way..)

It would be more realistic than letting the player with a collection of weapons in the interface weapons....

That would be easier to implement than Weight mod which I started (but postponed) implementing. Seems to be a good replacement - it would add more realism and yet not to make things complicated.

Good thinking!

pirate_kk

I think we undid the price decrease? Limiting the inventory of the player does make sense to me. Weight mod would be best though...

I will ask this question, if we manage to have a working weight mod, will we make it so its the same for arcade and realistic or have a different one for both? :?

ie. One pistol, One Sword unless you have a special character model (like Skull who has multiple pistols)

It seems Pirate_kk is working on a mod limiting the number of blades and guns you can have with you. But as he said, not using weight, too hard to implement.

One pistol and one blade DOES make sense! You can hardly comfortably carry more in real life, can you?
But that makes it rather hard to transfer to your officers and crew.
Would create a lot of unceccesary clicking and swapping.
UNLESS we can make such transfers come straight from the weaponslocker.
But then how do you supply the weaponslocker?
Batch purchase straight into there from the item traders?
Or a "mule" carrying character who can't use the blades but CAN carry a lot?

Make a backpack as part of the mixes mod and this guy carries all the gear :rofl

Like I said this would only be for realistic mode if we do have it like that

I fear a lot of people would not be to happy with these inventory limitation systems. As Pieter said, the biggest difficulty is to come up with something pratical.

Here is some random thinking. What could be coded is - let's say- a "team inventory". As proposed above, you would have a limited amount of items you could carry by yourself, but the remaining items you don't plan to use and you take as loot, buy, etc would be stuffed into this "team inventory", which capacity would depend on the number of people that are presently in your team (you+officers+crewmember). We could even add some new ability which enhaunce max. quantity of the "team inventory".

We could code as well a "ship inventory", in which all items you don't want in your personnal chest or in the weapon locker will be added. This one could maybe take cargo space if you really take too much items.

Then you can imagine that a lot of pratical exchange/auto-transfer functions could be coded. :shrug

We can imagine several ways of coding this "team inventory" :
- we create it as some entity complelty seperated from characters, like a new 'chest' which capacity would vary (simple solution code-wise)
- the team inventory would be the sum of items carried individually by team members. (more complicate to code in my opinion, as for example we'd have to differentiate between items carried by the guy for the team and those he carry for himself. But this system can be interesting as well.)
In all case, "team inventory" should be easily accessible for viewing, trading, exchange - this is the whole idea.

Hi,

One pistol and one blade DOES make sense! You can hardly comfortably carry more in real life, can you?

Blackbeard got untill six pistols when boarding ships (true, but bad joke for game).

"Or a "mule" carrying character who can't use the blades but CAN carry a lot?"

Could be the best way. I get a silly example. At the end of Sparrow quest, as you can frisk dead skeletons you can take six or eight good swords and some guns for your officers. I think it's gonna be hard to choose what to do. And in an other way, as you said, a sword and a gun you change when you get a better one is for me the most reasonable thing.

Regards,

Philippe

Alright, let me explain what Pirate_kk is preparing :

1) You will have the possibility of carrying 3 blades + 4 guns at the same time.
2) If you want more, you can change the number of blades and guns in the internalsettings.c

Well, for me it's good, cause you only have three officers with you. So, I think there's no need to carry more weapons. Only yours and those you buy for your guys.

Well, for me it's good, cause you only have three officers with you. So, I think there's no need to carry more weapons. Only yours and those you buy for your guys.
Nope. On shore you can have up to 10 crewmembers as well. :razz

You're right so! I did forgot them. So, the question still remains unresolved. :?

The crewmembers could have a blade and gun automatically. When you hire an officer he alrealdy has the weapons with him so why not the crewmembers, just need to chose for them weapons not really good. By the way, it's just boring to spend some time to give weapons for them without telling I noted for some quests this feature, landing with crewmembers, messes up the quests. :cheeky

1) You will have the possibility of carrying 3 blades + 4 guns at the same time.
2) If you want more, you can change the number of blades and guns in the internalsettings.c

I like the idea of limitations but...
Not so good for my quest, it's really important to be able to carry more than 4 guns. (Like the main idea of the quest :shock: )
Maybe there could be some fix for a special situation?
...or is it possible to change internalsettings.c via code (I mean can I do that exception in the quest?) :huh

We should be able to make the crewmembers grab weapons from the weapons locker (like they do in boardings) and hopefully that includes bullets and powder

I think they already auto-supply themself with ammo & bullets when you return on your ship, if they have a gun equiped - at least I'm quite sure they do so with potions and bandages. Normaly, the only moment you have to equip your crewmen with weapons is the first time you ask them to come.

I would really like to be able to ask them to appear on the main deck (standing idle, not following you), would be easier to equip them before a most unfortunate MILITARY RAID!!! on shore. Additionnaly, the broken fighting pratice on deck could involve them instead of a random walking sailor.
I agree Captian Maggee, an option to ask them to take whatever they want in the weapon locker would be interesting as well, especially for all of those who don't see the point of unneeded micro-management.
Oh, and now that we have shovels and digging tools, we could ask them to bring a load of those for the hidden treasure quests. :treas

Back