• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Pirates Odyssey: To Each His Own

Status
Not open for further replies.
I applaud your efforts JohnV, but its like only having one piece of the puzzle.

Yes, indeed. And it's a very small piece... I didn't plan to make this look like a good work, just a simple test, anyway.:)

I wish they hadn't included those text files in the source code... I really see no reason why suddenly change that tradition.:( Has somebody contacted the developers concerning this matter?

I wish they hadn't included those text files in the source code... I really see no reason why suddenly change that tradition.:(
PotC had them in the PROGRAM folder too, so it isn't out of the ordinary.

Has somebody contacted the developers concerning this matter?
Joruba said they wanted to include an open PROGRAM folder in the Western release, but didn't know if it would be allowed.

Yeah this was discussed in some detail as I really made it a point of query. If you go back earlier in the thread (towards the beginning) you will see that Joruba made it clear that their intent was to publish the game with all content made available with a fully accessible Program folder. We made the argument that PO:TEHO would die a quick death if it didn't have the modding community behind it. We cited the enduring popularity of COAS and POTC as being only because of their continuing development with modding.

MK

dont know if it has been posted yet, but there is a russian let's plat of the Game, if it can help people stucked because of the language...

It has become very quiet. I suppose that will be the game no longer published in the West. On the Russian side. They have made us mouth-watering. Many no longer believe what they say.

Why would they deny us? Us!? who have been playing these games and keeping them alive for years!

Must be the whole distribution affair being messy like usual. The release of CoAS can also hardly be called a "release".
It went completely below pretty much everyone's RADAR. :facepalm

I agree to what Pieter said. It´s like with CoAS. I still believe that it will be released some sunny day but this will happen when none of us is expecting it anymore. They were already including the English textfiles at Steam, so they are planing to release it in English but when is still written in the stars. This is the Russian mentality. They are always only doing things when they are in the mood for and not when others expect them to. I was also hoping and wishing very much to play it on Christmas but it looks like this wish is not coming true. Never mind that´s life ;)

I wish all of you a nice Christmas and a happy new year :)

Last edited:
Hmmm ... looking at this footage it seems that they still use many of the very same ambient set pieces, that they already had in POTC. Some jungle passages etc. look exactly the same - only a tad more polished.

Man - that's lazy.^^

All games after AoP 1 are pretty much "glorified modpacks". A lot of the original PotC content is VERY good though, so I see no harm in reusing it.
I'd quite like to see a game being made combining ALL the good things from everything that came before.

Yeah, it sure makes us sailing nerds happy. But it gives the games a very dated look and feel. Which will ultimately mean that many of 'em will not make it from the shelf.

Over a year passed since Russian release and Joruba was last seen one August the 21st 2013. Any other news about the game?

Very demoralizing. I am so disappointed. Westerners want to play this game so badly. But the devs just don't seem to care and no one even bothers telling us anything. I have pretty much given up hope of playing it now.

They should just keep their vids and promotionals to themselves if they are never going to share or release their work. It looks so good and I think I would spend so much time playing but alas....it doesn't seem like it will ever materialize.

Oh well...at least I have my mod.

MK

I'm not in expert in this stuff but we got something as stuff is being updated there and following what they said before (realease around crhistmas) it could be something comming (hope so) :

some stuff i took from there:

"Last Record Update4 days ago (December 23, 2013 – 19:52:13 UTC)"

"languagesenglish,russian"

"

• 4 days ago Changed Depots
      • 223331/manifests/public:
        › 1462922962001041360
      • branches/public/buildid:
        › 162461"
Packages that include this app

"Steam Sub 61 11 minutes ago"
"Steam Sub 62 33 minutes ago"

They released DLC for russian version of the game so its mostly that stuff.
Some said they'll release english version when DLC was released but ofc that never happend and it was mostly bullshit by the looks of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back