• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Pirates Odyssey: To Each His Own

Status
Not open for further replies.
The DLC got another appid on steam, this appid and update concern only the base game version. Also the last update on the dlc is from 10 days ago.

No, POTEHO is not Corsairs 4. POTEHO is based on CoAS and is a prequel to this game. Storyline in POTEHO begins in 1654, 11 years before the storyline in CoAS. Moreover POTEHO has many new features in gameplay in comparison with CoAS.

"tymofei
iconGames.png
9 jan om 6:07nm
I know for sure that translation is completed already, and at the moment its correction and verification is being done.

I belive that English version of POTEHO will be available in spring this year, in March as a latest..."

I hope this is true...

By Joruba's words translation was completed long ago (you can see in his post from june), and it takes em so long to "correct and verify"? If they were bugfixing game i could understand, but from his posts (if they are to be trusted even) it looked like a done deal, and again nothing.

Everything they said up untill now with releasing english version was pretty much a lie (assuming they even work for bms).

We'll see how this new "release timeframe" turns out, but wouldnt keep my hopes up (thou i very much hope i'm wrong).

Pitty cuz the game looks rly nice.

All,

I will certainly hope that at some point this is actually released in English, I remain positive.
However I would like to expect the Akella Seward.ru team this time actually bothers to bug test this game, and I dont mean just translations.
CoAS and AoP:CT were a complete hot mess and coding nightmare disaster, which took enthusiasts like the people on this website to properly fix.
I still remember when over 75% of all quests in CoAS were completely coding broke.

All,

I will certainly hope that at some point this is actually released in English, I remain positive.
However I would like to expect the Akella Seward.ru team this time actually bothers to bug test this game, and I dont mean just translations.
CoAS and AoP:CT were a complete hot mess and coding nightmare disaster, which took enthusiasts like the people on this website to properly fix.
I still remember when over 75% of all quests in CoAS were completely coding broke.

I can confirm from reliable sources that the english version is coming. ;)

How can we believe anything they say? MK told me they responded to his discussion on Steam and said they were planning to release it in March but that he wasn't posting anything about it because he doesn't believe anything they say now. MK's really negative right now. He took his skis, drove off in his Durango and no one in the family has heard from him in a week.

How can we believe anything they say? MK told me they responded to his discussion on Steam and said they were planning to release it in March but that he wasn't posting anything about it because he doesn't believe anything they say now. MK's really negative right now. He took his skis, drove off in his Durango and no one in the family has heard from him in a week.

Well I had contact with one of the Russian developers. He was pretty convincing. Ofcourse he could be lying but why would he? He could also just say no there is not an English version coming. Instead he gives details about it and an estimate. I know for sure that the English version is coming, the question is when. It could be 2014, it could be later..

@ Señor Serrano

Looks like you are the brand new Joruba here. Well then, welcome on board of the Flying Dutchman :facepalm

I honestly don't know what Joruba means but thanks I guess :bounce

@ Señor Serrano

Looks like you are the brand new Joruba here. Well then, welcome on board of the Flying Dutchman :facepalm
There's no need for that attitude, here.

I honestly don't know what Joruba means but thanks I guess :bounce
Joruba gave us information on when the English version was coming out, but because nothing has happened, some think his words amounted to nothing but 'false hope'.
Basically, a lot of people are sceptical now, so without solid links or citations, you're going to have a hard time convincing people that you're speaking the truth. :unsure

There's no need for that attitude, here.

Joruba gave us information on when the English version was coming out, but because nothing has happened, some think his words amounted to nothing but 'false hope'.
Basically, a lot of people are sceptical now, so without solid links or citations, you're going to have a hard time convincing people that you're speaking the truth. :unsure

Oh allright I see. Well I had a long chat conversation about the English version of the game with one of the developers. Too bad Steam doesn't save the whole chat conversation, only the last lines of the conversation.. When I have a new conversation with him about the game I will post it here. ;)

Thanks for the explanation btw about "Joruba".

There's no need for posting that, here.

Developers gave their completed translation to Akella already in June last year for testing and publishing. So the developers have no more influence on that and nothing to do with that anymore.
If you really want to help, you should start a chat with Akella and not with the developers. Akella is the one that needs a kick in the a... by the time. :whipa

There's no need for posting that, here.

Developers gave their completed translation to Akella already in June last year for testing and publishing. So the developers have no more influence on that and nothing to do with that anymore.
If you really want to help, you should start a chat with Akella and not with the developers. Akella is the one that needs a kick in the a... by the time. :whipa
I've sent them an email! Hopefully one of them will answer :aar

I´ve tried to talk to them since many years already and they were never answering. They don´t give a damn on what others want dude. :wp

I´ve tried to talk to them since many years already and they were never answering. They don´t give a damn on what others want dude. :wp

Well there is no harm in trying right? I have also a neighbour who works in gaming industry. He works in the press. I am going to ask if he has some contacts with Akella. :type1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back