• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

-= POTC MOD IDEAS =-

this idea may be impossible but i think it would be cool if someone took alot of time and made a mod where you follow the POTC movie story and u can be sparrow , turner, elizabeth ect!

Or just sparrow cause hes the best and you follow it lyk that but i guess cut scenes and the modding would be too hard and take to long but it would be soo fun! being jack sparrow !

Starting on a ship and navigating it too a port , with it damaged then walking into port royale , you could bribe 3 shillings or threaten to slit his throat ect!

I just think it would be very fun if the game was actually the real story!

Hi, the game would be great if you can join in a military camp ,not the navy! :b:

<!--`QuoteBegin-JaM`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JaM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin--> 2.Disable function transfer crew from captured ship to atacker ship (i think that Frenchie seamens will not work for British etc...)[/quote]

This is true, I suppose. But imagine yourself on a ship that has been captured. The conquering captain has said to you, "join my ship or go down with this one." Would you go onboard, or take your chances with the sharks? And if he pays you well (better than your previous captain) would you stay?

Here's a thought - MAYBE what could be done is have a certain number jump ship once at a harbor. Like if you take enemy mariners aboard your ship, you're offering them safe passage to land - like showing mercy. Perhaps this is something you can do to gain XP - to up your reputation?

Catalina, what fine head is on your shoulders...what fine ideas come outta your head!!!, that truly sounds like a plan, and realistic...people would like you a lot if you save people ESPECIALLY when you didnt have to do taht...waht a nice pirate you are :b:

<!--`QuoteBegin-CaptJackSparrow`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CaptJackSparrow)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Catalina, what fine head is on your shoulders...[/quote]

You sweet talker! :b:

<!--`QuoteBegin-CaptJackSparrow`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CaptJackSparrow)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->what fine ideas come outta your head!!!,[/quote]

:p: Imagine, this is the same place my HAIR comes out, too. :b: (a friend used to say, after she gave me a haircut, "just look at all that hair, and imagine, it all used to be inside of your head!") (LOL)

<!--`QuoteBegin-CaptJackSparrow`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CaptJackSparrow)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->waht a nice pirate you are  8)[/quote]

Heh... It's a tough job but somebody's got to do it! :d:

Just because we're pirates, it doesn't mean we have to be nasssssssssty pirates! 8)

CatalinaThePirate wrote " But imagine yourself on a ship that has been captured. The conquering captain has said to you, "join my ship or go down with this one." Would you go onboard, or take your chances with the sharks? And if he pays you well (better than your previous captain) would you stay?"

Yes ,thats true but if you serve for Navy you cannot kill captured crew.(if you do your reputaion will go down.) Next thing i want to point is recruiting crew. How could english recruit french crew if English and French are in war?
What about make more types of guns (i read somewhere that frigates were armed with 18pdr guns and carronades(`y1700-1750`) More smaller caliber guns would help make bigger difference between Merchant ships and Warships.
if i ged new ideas i will post them immediatelly... :b:

<!--`QuoteBegin-JaM`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JaM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->if i ged new ideas i will post them immediatelly... :b:[/quote]

Yes, please do, that's what we want, more ideas! If we can improve the game experience, we will! :b:

<!--`QuoteBegin-Lucky` Jack Aubrey+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lucky Jack Aubrey)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Ideas:
1. There should be a  steering wheel, like on almost every big sailing ship of those days.
[/quote]

Actually IIRC...The time period covered in the game was before the steering wheels were implemented on the ships.The time period covered in the game saw the use of tiilers and whipstaffs to steer a ship.Not until `1700-1710` did the British Navy first start using the steering wheel.Then followed by others.Though there is some controversy on who first used them...this can be found in "The Mariners Mirror 75(1989)" `pages272-273` and "The Mariners Mirror 76(1990)"pages `171-172`
And the French were still using whipstaffs on some ships as late as 1720's

Though I do like the idea if a mod was ever made covering the said time period when steering wheels were used.

Cworth - I think there has been some talk about making separate historical sections of the game, so you are able to sail in ships CORRECT for the time period (with wheels too), but I don't know if we are even close to getting that kind of control in this game... xD:

i think someone should make a mod where there is a huuuge side quest...about Jack Sparrow...like youd meet him in the pirates brothel on the island of pirates, getting his wenching on hehe (youd need the brothel mod for this sidequest to work) and it all goes on from there...HEY!!! !!ALERT!!--->

-->if and ONLY IF someone wants to make this quest with Jack in it...PLEASE do it it would be so cool...but my suggestion is, if you do this, i wanna help! i am willing to make an amazing story line to the quest if someone is willing to make the quest!! please!!! :cheers xD:: xD: :yes :cry

I have an idea, you can only be a catthroat kinda pirate in the game so far, the real pirates where sometimes much nastier, so why can't we be, sounds pretty cool to me.

Maybe i am sick. :blah:

ye can be nastier if ya wants,but yer Reputaion drops to de toilet,an nobody will talk to ya :blah:

well mate, if yew ave 10.1 build,jest hoist de Jolly Roger an everybody will hate yew,an nobody will deal with you,even de pirates will hate you,even though yew be one lol :(

the pirates hate you ONLY if you rais the jolly roger while attacking them...or attacking them at all. if you rais the jolly roger while attacking ANY country, pirates will immediately become neutral, but that country will hate you with wary, and soon itll be hostil...i think that you have to get all the way up to 0 neutral with the pirates by attacking a lot of enemy ships in order to become a pirate and work for them. :p: :p2: :p: :cheers

Back